Cream Cheese - 20

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Hi guys! Miss me? Got an update for all of you from Tae. This is basically Tae's version of the story. Maybe I'll drop another one at the end of the day.

Thank you to all our subscribers! 

Ciao! ✌

-----------


Atty. Taeyeon's POV


Ahhh!!! I feel like pulling my hair right now! Jessica and pregnancy doesn't fit well... Oh Lord have mercy T_T


She's having this weird food cravings that puts me on guard every night whenever she ask. Imagine me one of the most respected lawyers in the country running around the streets of Seoul at night wearing pajamas and looking for blood sausages!


She's on her 6th month now and her belly is big. By the way, we're having twins. Yeah, 2 little monsters. I mean babies. My Jessi will kill me if she finds out I called the twins monsters.


She still goes to the law firm and handles some cases in court. I told her she should lie low in handling cases and focus on her pregnancy but she's just too stubborn to listen. She said that she's fine working and the babies are fine too.


I never thought I'll have a second shot in happiness when Soojung and I went home from California. The kid was still in middle school and I just gone through a divorce with her Mom. I promised myself that love will have to take a back seat, Soojung is the main priority.


You may call it luck but I call it perseverance. I was hired in a big law firm and did my best to bring home the bacon to my daughter. I taught her the value of money and education, and not to be mad at her mom because Tiffany is still her mom whatever happens.


Soojung never did told me what happened that day when she went to see Tiffany on the fan signing event. She just went home cold and drenched from the rain. She had fever that night then when the morning came she was in her usual self but doesn't even mentioned to me what happened.


Tiffany just called me that day asking if Soojung went home safe. She said she wanted to talk to Soojung but her daughter doesn't want to talk to her. Somehow I pity my ex-wife, but I can't blame my daughter because I know she's heart broken about what happened to Tiffany and me.


Tiffany and I were school mates back in college then we becàme good friends, then we realize that we have something for each other. She was just 18 and a freshman when she had Soojung and I was 21 graduating from college. She was depressed when she found out that she was pregnant.


You see, Tiffany was a scholar and she's very smart. She has her future planned - to study hard, ace the exams, create beautiful and tasteful dishes, study abroad through scholarship specifically in Italy so that she can be trained to be a top Chef, be recognized world wide, be famous in her field.


I was a law student supporting myself through multiple jobs just to live everyday. My mother and father passed away early and I was an only child. A cousin of my father helped me before but he too passed away and left me. I was a Senior then and Tiffany was a Freshmen, we were introduced by friends while attending a frat party. I already liked her the first time we met and I think she also liked me too.


After a few meet ups in parties and after school, we became a couple. We were okay and in love with each other. Tiffany's family is rich and her father is a businessman in Korea, but she was raised in the US. I came to the US to study through the help of a good Samaritan . Then the thing happened.


We were in a frat party and already drunk. And if you have a hot and y girlfriend on your lap kissing you and grinding on you, what would you do? Yes, we had in one of the rooms of the frat house. In my mind, I'm willing to take the consequence of what we are doing because I'm not the kind of guy who sleeps around with anyone. I love her...


Three weeks after, she found out she was pregnant. I only found out about her pregnancy when her best friend called me, hysterical and all telling me to save Tiffany and her baby. She decided to have the baby aborted, her friend told me. She gave me the location of the hospital and I hailed a taxi just to get to her immediately and stop whatever she wants to do. It's a sin and that's my baby!


I got there in time, cried, begged and kneeled to Tiffany not to push through with her plan. I told her that I will marry her and support her in her pregnancy, even support her in her needs. I love her and I'm willing to do anything for her and our unborn child. She didn't push through with it but her family in Korea disowned her.


We got married and I gave my name to her but she opted to still use her maiden name which is Hwang. I added more part time jobs just to support her and our baby while I review for the Bar exams. I can feel that she loves me too but I can feel her regrets. Because of that I strived hard to earn money and save for her studies.


Soojung was already 4 years old when Tiffany decided to study again. I gave her the money that I saved for her studies and she enrolled again in the same course and university.


It was hard for me, although I already passed the bar and working in a law firm but still the income is not enough for a rookie like me. I took all kinds of small cases just to get by then take care of Soojung when I get home. A baby sitter takes care of Soojung by day then I take care of her at night. Tiffany decided to live in the dorms because she said she can focus on her studies. She can't focus if she will hear Soojung crying all day or whining at her.


She finished her studies and became an intern on a famous 5 star restaurant. She seldom see her daughter and Soojung misses her mother so much. And when she does visit her daughter for a few days she always end up scolding the girl for not doing the right thing in the kitchen when she teaches her to cook. I mean, come on! She's just 9 years old for heaven's sake!


But Soojung still clings to her mother and did her best to make Tiffany proud of her. Practicing what her mom taught her so that when Tiffany comes home she will show it to her and ask for her approval. I know why she is that strict and hard to her daughter. And I confronted her about it one day when she went home.


She said she loves her daughter but everytime she'll see Soojung she can't help but be angry or upset. Because her plans before didn't push through and I destroyed her perfect life. Then she told me she's already seeing someone else that's why she seldom goes home. She asked for a divorce but I said no. For the second time, I begged her. For the sake of her daughter, I begged her.


We compromised. She can do whatever she wants, be with whoever she wants. Build up her career and meet people but we are not divorcing. My love for her drifted and I focused myself on taking care of Soojung's need. I'm already earning enough money and I saved some for my daughter's future. Soojung was a smart kid and a straight A student. Brave, pretty, adventurous, respectful, and a loving daughter.


For the second time, Tiffany asked for divorce again. We were arguing that time and I don't remember what we were talking. I think because of her rising popularity and the people finding out that she has a kid and husband. We didn't know Soojung was there listening to us. She came out of her hiding place and told us like a mature person to just divorce and settle everything. Imagine a 12 year old saying that to her parents. With that, I decided to end our marriage and file for divorce. What hurt Soojung the most was when her mother didn't even want visitation rights to her. Nothing to do with her.
It was settled, we met in the court for the last time and said our goodbyes. She just kissed her daughter and went out the door without turning back. From that day on I promised myself to be the best father and mother to Soojung.

 

We went to Korea to settle and start fresh. She continued her studies and she was still the same student just like before. The only thing is, she was so hard-working she only had a few friends. I handled big cases and earned money for her education and future. I had my big break when I won a high profile case involving a celebrity. That's when I became an in demand lawyer in the country.


When Soojung got the scholarship in a very prestigious culinary Institute in Italy, I was so proud of her. She worked hard to secure that scholarship and I can't help but remember Tiffany. That was one of her dreams and now her own Soojung will make it come true for her. Soojung got her mother's talent in the kitchen, something I'm thankful of because atleast her mother gave her something.


Tiffany was already famous then and I told her about Soojung's achievement. What I only received as a reply from her was 'That's great..' and 'tell her congratulations'. I told Soojung about it but she just shrugged her shoulders. As a graduation gift to her, I gave her a plane ticket going to New York. She will have a stop over there before flying to Italy.


It was her dream to visit New York that's why I worked hard just to give it to her. After that I was all alone in Korea working and living my life. Then I met Jessica.


Atty. Jessica Jung. That feisty new lawyer that  shares my last name and annoys me all the time. I was annoyed with her presence and I don't know why. Everytime I see her in the law firm it annoys me; maybe because she's smart and young. And beautiful and y at the same time. Or maybe because she doesn't even glance at my way whenever we are in the same meeting room. Or maybe because I like her but she has a lot of fanboys always at her beck and call.


We were given a chance to work together as partners in a high profile case. That's when we got to know each other well. Behind that feisty character is a very lovable person who takes care of her colleagues. She was also funny, caring, and a very good person inside and out. I found out she was also alone in her life, her parents died in a plane crash when she was in high school and left her everything. Her late father was also a lawyer that's why she also became one.


Being together almost everyday and knowing each other's negative and positive sides gave us a chance to know what we feel. We became close, really close that we look like a couple but we weren't and we're just friends. When we were working on the case I made my house our meeting place to discuss the documents we were making. Then she started cooking every night if given a time to do it. Then she started to have sleep overs, then I asked her to leave some clothes so that when we do our overnight discussion she'll have a spare clothes in the morning saving her time to go home and change.


Then we fell in love. It was an overwhelming feeling for me, being in love again. And I promised myself this time, it's going to last. She accepted me in her life even though I'm a divorcee and has a daughter. She admitted that she already had something for me before and she was happy when we were put together in one case. Because finally she can be near me. I asked her to move in with me and she chuckled saying she basically already moved in with me because a lot of her clothes are already at my house. She took care of me like we were a married couple. She makes me happy and I feel like I'm the luckiest guy on Earth. I finally knew the feeling of a husband being loved and cared for by her wife. Giving me all the attention and affection I didn't received from Tiffany before.


I was nervous when we flew to Italy to attend Soojung's graduation and to pick her up too. We will stay for a few days then we'll all go home together on Korea. Nervous of how my daughter will react when I introduce Jessica to her as my girlfriend. Will she be happy for us or resent me?


All of that negative thoughts went away when Soojung accepted her and welcomed her to the family. Seeing Soojung so grown up and confident about herself made me proud. She became a mature woman living alone in Italy. And she became even more beautiful than the last time we saw each other. She and Jessica became inseparable when we had our free time after her graduation.


Jessica treated her like her own daughter and also a friend. Soojung felt for the first time how to be loved and pampered by a mother. Supporting her and cheering her on everything she does. They also look alike that some thought she was Jessica's own daughter until they don't deny anymore and just let it be. Soojung was proud to be called Atty. Jessica Jung's daughter.


It made me love her even more, because she also love Soojung. And now that she's carrying the fruits of our love, there's nothing more I can ask for. Soojung is all grown up now but still, I consider her as my one and only baby. I can't believe it when I found out that she was 18 when she had her first time. Even did not believe it when she and Amber told me their story on what happened in New York. Amber was her first and maybe last.


Soojung and Amber will visit us on weekends or sometimes when they feel like coming home they will stay and use Soojung's old room. They also have some spare clothes in the cabinet in case that they decide to spend the night.


When I met Amber in Soojung's apartment before, I really thought she was a guy. But when I learned that she was actually a girl, I wasn't disappointed because well she looks more handsome than a girl. I thought to myself, my daughter has good taste.  Soojung's uality is not a problem for me because I love my daughter and I support her in whatever she wants in life. But then I found out who she was and her family. Amber assured me that she will not let any harm happen to Soojung. She talked to me and Jessica regarding her decision to not take the position being offered to her in their family. She said she wants to live a peaceful and clean life with my daughter.


They survived the ordeal her mother shamelessly did to them and I'm very thankful to her that nothing bad happened to Soojung. If something bad happened to Soojung then I will do everything to bring Mrs. Liu down.


I can see that Soojung is happy, very happy with her life. With Amber beside her. She has achieved some of the things that her mother dreamed off but she's still the same girl who keeps her two feet on the ground. Amber loves her very much that she's willing to do everything for my daughter. It was a tough decision but she chose happiness over material things and power.


They showed us their new car, a red Rover saying that Soojung chose it because it was her dream car. It was our usual Sunday lunch get together and Soojung excitedly showed the car to Jessi while Amber and me watched the 2 girls interact with each other.


"Uhmmm... Uncle Tae, I got something to tell you.." Amber said opening the conversation. I turned to her, she has her hands on her pockets while watching Soojung with a smile on her face.


"What is it Amber? Any problems you and Soojung got to tell?" Are they being threatened again by that psycho?


"Well.... Uhmmm... It's actually not a problem.."


"Then what is it, tell me maybe I can help you.." my goodness! My pregnant wife insists on getting behind the wheels! Good thing Soojung prevented her! T___T


"Remember when I went here last week and talked to you about Soojung and the possibility of us getting married in the future.. well...Uhmmm.." she was scratching her neck and looks nervous. I chuckled at her and pat her shoulders.


"Did Soojung said yes?" I whispered to her excitedly. Boooy... Am I going to see my baby getting married!?


She grinned at me and smiled proudly "Yes, she did Uncle Tae. And she's happy about it.. but.."


"But? Do you mean or but?"


"Uncle Tae! B-u-t. We will still wait after you and Aunt Jessi got married."


Well that's great! Atleast they will be ready when that day comes. And it won't be long because after Jessi gives birth the wedding will follow after 6 months. Then the twins will be old enough to be in their sister's wedding.


"And we also talked about the future, uhmmm having kids to be exact. She wants to have kids with me and I want to. She told me her deepest fear.."


I smiled on what Amber said, knowing what Soojung's fear. "She's afraid that she's going to be like her mom, is that right?" Amber turned to me with a surprised expression and nodded her head. "I know sooner or later she'll think about that, I was afraid before that what happened to me and her mom affected her chance of being happy with other people. But when she met you, everything changed."


"When she left Korea to study abroad, her motivation was to finish her studies and for me to be proud of her. But she was sad and her eyes doesn't have any light in there. When she arrived at Italy and Skyped me I saw the changed in her. She was still determined and motivated to study but her eyes changed. It was glowing, it became alive. I asked her about New York and she said it was the best trip of her life." I turned to Amber and I saw her smile softly with a look I always give to Jessi. It was full of love and admiration.


"You're daughter is a very beautiful, talented, and kind person Uncle Tae. We were two lost souls in New York both looking for our place in this world." She turned to me and smiled genuinely "She brought out the best in me that I never knew I had. For the first time in my life, there was this person who attentively listens to me and treated me as equal. No pretensions whatsoever, just being her bold self. I fell in love with her on that same day. And falling more deeply everyday that we are together now. Thank you Uncle Tae for saving Soojung's life. If you didn't arrived in time, I won't meet your amazing daughter."


I looked at Soojung and I felt happy just looking at her. She was a miracle in my life when she came to this world. Having her made me a better and hardworking person. I'm glad there's someone right now who loves her and will take care of her like I did.


"Me too Amber, I'm thankful to myself that I arrived on the nick of time that day. Because if I didn't, I won't have that miracle in my life." Soojung called Amber to her and she was also waving at me to come forward. She has this very beautiful smile on her face while Jessica hugs her on her sides and she kisses Amber on her cheeks. Jessica blocks them with her palm and looks at me annoyed because I'm so slow.

 


My family.