Basil - 11

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Hey you guys! Thanks for the love and I'm glad you enjoyed their reunion on the last chapter. 😉  We will have some updates today but I won't tell how many hehe..

Thank you to all our subscribers and to those who voted up the story. Thank you for all the comments I appreciate it. It means I'm doing a good job entertaining you. For those YulSic fans out there, don't worry they will be casted on my next story for the month of April. 😄 

Ciao!✌

-----------

 


Amber's POV


Krystal and I were already seated with all of them eating the dinner prepared by her team. It was awfully quiet and they were just looking at us occasionally while eating. Taking a peak at us when I put some salad on Krystal's plate, or when she scooped some pesto sauce and pour it on my pasta, and it definitely got weird when I wiped the sauce on the side of Krystal's mouth because we heard some of them sigh audibly. We turned our heads to them and saw them looking at us or more on gawking at us.


"Ahhmm... Is there any problem guys?" I asked them smiling then they all minded their food. I looked at Victoria and she just smirked at me like she knows something I don't know.


Krystal brushed her hair back with her fingers and placed her napkin on the table. Now I'm the one ogling at her, I was mesmerized by that one simple thing.


"Okay guys, spill it out! I know all of you wants to say something. We can't concentrate in eating if all of you will constantly stare at us. Come on!" Wow... That's something I want to say but to shy to do.


I see them looking at each other and then it started. It didn't help that they are talking at the same time.


"How did you know each other?..."


"Where did you met?.."


"When did you met?.."


"How was the kiss Chef Krystal?.."


"Chef you broke my heart!" That got me looking at Minho who blurted it. I raised my eyebrow at him and he sat back.


"Luna won't break your heart dude! Just go out with her!"


"I don't like Minho! Leave me alone!" It was Luna's voice and she looks annoyed.


"STOP!!!!"


They all went quiet when Victoria yelled and composed herself looking at the rowdy bunch. I better get use to this kind of exchange because it seems like this is how they bond. It was also like this when we had our lunch this afternoon, when they were ganging on me.


"Thanks Vic.." Krys said to Victoria and the latter nodded. I cleared my throat and looked at them nervously. Krystal reached for my hand under the table and squeezed it giving me support.


"I don't know why this look like a press conference sort of but we will answer your questions one by one. Like Krystal said, I know you're all wondering why or how we know each other." I looked at Krystal and she smiled at me like telling me she got my back. "So we'll start with Seulgi then next in order of seats starting from her left. So please repeat your question a while ago."


Seulgi smiled at me and Krystal "Sorry if we are this curious Amber, Cheffy. It's just that Chef Krys is a very private person when it comes to the topic of her heart. And we were just shocked when the thing happened a while ago. My question is, where and when did the two of you met?"


I looked at Krys waiting for her permission and she nodded her head. "We met in New York 7 years ago, we were both 18 year olds. I came from L.A. and just graduated from high school and she came from Korea."


"I was also a newly graduate high school student and it was a gift from my Dad. It was a stop over before flying to Italy where I studied." Krys added while playing with the spoon on her plate.


Wendy was next to Seulgi and she continued the questioning "So how did the two of you met? I mean, New York is a big city. "


I saw Krystal smiled and I know she remembers it. "I just arrived in New York that morning and went to this Bagel shop to buy breakfast then a kid bumped into me. I didn't know I dropped my purse back in the shop.."


"I was in the Bagel shop too eating breakfast and just arrived that morning. I saw her leaving and noticed that she dropped her purse. I followed her around Central Park.." I continued for her and I saw Luna gush at what we said.


"So why follow her around if you can just give it to her directly when you saw her?" The girl Irene asked curiously. Krystal looked at me too, interested to know the answer. Much better to say the truth than to lie.


I scratched my neck and answered her "Because she's so pretty when I saw her in the shop. I can't help but follow her around. And she got nice.... Ah..."


"Nice what?.." Krys asked me wriggling her brows at me.


I saw Byul smirking like she knows what I'm going to say. "Well.... She got a nice.... ." She and Luna shared a look and smirked at me.


"Oh~..." Victoria said with an 'O' shape in and grinned at me. I saw Krystal blushing at my statement. Well she really has a nice for me, and from what I remember it was firm. But I haven't look at it today so I'll do it later if I have a chance *wink wink*


Jonghyun crossed his arms on the table looking engrossed in the story "Continue the story Amber, what happened next?"


"Well she was sitting on the grass and I was watching her eat. Then I saw she was sad so I approached her and offered my bagel. Then we had a chat.."


"Then I asked her if she wants to join me in touring the city and she agreed. We spent the whole day together and get to know each other. We have this unexplainable attraction and feelings with each other and next thing I know, we are holding hands in the street while walking looking like a couple." Krys continued for me and intertwined our fingers under the table. This feels so good right now having her beside me and holding her hands.


"Then she wanted me to kiss her when we were sitting on the bench while we are in the park.." I grinned at her playfully earning a light slap on my shoulders.


"Hey! I didn't! I was pointing at the ketchup on your chin. Can't believe you didn't realize it, running around the streets with that ketchup." She scoffed at me.


"How would I know, you were puckering your lips. I thought you want a kiss, here I thought you really want it that's why I kissed you. And you liked it that's why you kissed me again if you remember that." Good going Amber.


She pouted at me like a kid shaking her head in surrender. "Fine... I did."


"Cute.. An hour passed by after you saw each other again but you bicker like an old couple. Sweet ~" Victoria said while eyeing us two.


I looked at Krys and she's biting her lips while still playing with her spoon and I think I saw a blush on her cheeks. I heard someone cleared and it was Byul.


"So... After that where did you go?"


"Well we went museum hopping then we had dinner at this fantastic Italian diner with a very nice lady owner. The food was great and the service too and it's cheap by the way. It was a memorable night because after dinner we will be going on our separate ways." I told Byul while taking a bite on my pizza. Krys wiped the sauce on the side of my mouth and I grinned at her.


"You eat like a kid!" She hissed at me with a low voice but loud enough to be heard by the others most especially Luna who is sighing again while looking at us. Victoria threw a balled up tissue to her but dodge it and hit Irene instead.


Minho jokingly clutched his heart and balled up his fist on his mouth fake crying "I can't stand this anymore... I'm really hurting right now.. you broke my heart again Chef Krys.." Victoria eyed him and he stopped his stupidity. Maybe I have to talk about her fanboys later. It's alarming. Haha.


"Sorry Amber... Minho was just joking.. can't help it if you're repeatedly being rejected 10 times by the same girl." Jonghyun said while shaking Minho beside him sulking. Solar sneered at Minho and stuck her tongue out.


"Shut up guys!... Continue Amber.." Byul said and I smiled at Krys.


"I gave her a cook book as a gift, well sort of remembrance of our first meeting.."


"The cook book that you always bring with you Krys, right? The one all tattered and has a moving cartoon of a jumping llama on the pages when you flip it!" Victoria said excitedly looking at Luna and Byul who seems to know it too. Krys grinned at me cutely biting her lips showing her pearly whites. That's why the book on her table was familiar, it was our book.


"Yeah that was it. How did you drew all of that? We were together all the time.." she asked me curiously.


"I started it when I was waiting for our drinks at the café then did it again when you were going to the rest rooms. Finished it before giving it to you at the restaurant."


"Hands down to you Amber..." Jonghyun, Minho, and Sehun said bowing to me dramatically. It was just a single gesture for her to remember me. It's not that big.

 

 


We already finished dinner and the boys are cleaning up the table while the girls brought the dishes on the kitchen. It was only me, Krystal, Luna, Victoria, and Byul left in the bar drinking white wine. Victoria was behind the counter while Luna and Byul was at the table facing the bar. Krys was sitting on the barstool backhugging me while I stood in front of her my back resting on her. She has her chin on my shoulders while we chat about how I went to Italy every year to find her.


It was silly and costly, yes. But that's the only way to do just to find her when all along she was just in one place and that one place was the last Kyuhyun and I went to. She was in Florence and the graduation we saw was their graduation. If we just came early, I might have seen her walk to the stage to get her diploma and medal as a top student.


"The lady owner said she was at the diner 30 minutes ago before we arrived. It was Kyuhyun's fault I swear! If he didn't trip and fall down on the steps on The Met we would have seen each other then. I have to bring him to the hospital to put some bandage on his arm." I told them while holding my wine glass.


Byul shook her head while smiling "That was some going on. You could have given your names to each other then. Why do that stupid thing?"


"Hey! That was my idea!" Krys yelled at her and when I turned my head I saw her pout.


"Yah, yah...I didn't know you were that romantic and stupid stuff before Krys. You were always cool and collected, bold." Luna said twirling her glass and smiling at Krys.


"Oh, yeah! She is bold! You should have seen her converse in Italian to that lady and ask for a favor!" I smirked playfully at Krys and she slapped my shoulder burying her face on my back.


"Oh, oh! What was it?!" Victoria said excitedly waiting for the story while Luna went to the bar stool beside Krys and sat down eager to hear the story.


I shrugged my shoulders at them "I don't know what they talked about because it was in Italian. Ask her about it! I also wanted to know what she said to that lady."


"NO! Amber!!!" Krys whined making me laugh while she tightened the hug on me.


"Come on Krys, spill it!" Byul said laughing too.


"It was embarrassing...." She said in a muffled sound because her face was buried on my back. Victoria shook her violently but she didn't bulge.


"Come on Krys, tell us. Or maybe you can tell us what you gave to Amber as a remembrance for your first meeting. She gave you a book, what did you give her?" Luna said not giving up. Anytime now the wall will fall down.


I remembered the 'gift' she gave and I smiled. It was a very precious gift that is unreturnable. She was so bold doing it because it was something special and I thought back then that I'm not worthy of her.


I heard her sigh and looked up at Luna and Victoria with a dreamy smile on her face. "It was something special and painful, and something you can't return."


The two girls are thinking hard trying to decipher Krystal's words. Byul was just sipping her wine smirking at Krystal because she knows it all along. Krys whispered to me that she told Byul about 'it'.


Victoria looked at me then at Krys, we have this silly smile on our faces while Krys pulled me to her and snuzzled her face on my back then she looked at Byul's smiling face too. Maybe it's our closeness and skinship that gave us out to Luna because her eyes went wide when she realized the answer.


"Krys.... Don't tell me... You gave it... You gave yourself to her as a gift!?!" Luna shouted and Victoria immediately covered Luna's mouth so that no one will hear it.


"Oh my God!" Victoria hissed with a low voice on Luna and turned to Krys. "Is that true Krys?"


I turned my head to her and I see her smiling at me and nodded. "I was 18 and a bit silly. And it's romantic you know, right Amber?" I nodded at her and kissed her softly and I can feel her smile on my kisses.


"Get a room you two!" I hear Byul scoffed bitterly and we broke the kiss.


"Actually, we did get a room on the diner back then. Krystal--" I didn't get to complete what I'm saying because she already covered my mouth with her 2 hands to muffle the sound.


"Shut up Amber! Come on let's go home you're drunk!" She was still covering my mouth as she pulled me to the office to get her stuff. Byul was laughing loudly at my state because I was trying to get Krys' hands out of my mouth but she's strong! All I can do was to be dragged by her.


We reached the office and she closed the door by kicking it back. She let go of my mouth and slap me hard on my shoulders making me wince. It was HARD. My girl might be working out.


"Amber!!! That was embarrassing! Now I don't know how to face them anymore!" She said while slinging her satchel on her body. I was just quiet and rubbing the spot she slapped in my arms. I'm still a girl you know, even though I work out this toned arms. This girl can slap hard. I'll take note of that.


I didn't answer her and took a seat on my chair while rubbing it. Such a Amber! It was just a gentle slap, why are you acting like that. I didn't know I was already staring at air. She went out the door and left me.


Good Amber! Such big mouth you have there! Now your girl left you because of your big mouth!


I took a deep breath and collected my bag under the table and stood up. This is such an epic day.


The door suddenly opened and it was her with an ice pack and what made me frown was the tears in her eyes. I pulled her and made her sit on my swivel chair while I sit at the top of the table facing her patting her eyes dry.


"Krys! Why are you crying!? What happened?"


"I'm sorry..." She said as she held the ice pack on the spot she slap. That was why she was crying, great Amber. Now you made her cry because of you being a .


"No, it's okay.. It doesn't even hurt Krys. Look!" I flexed my arms on her and she just eyed me frowning. She reached for the buttons of my linen shirt and started ing it. And it made me blush because of my erted thoughts.


"Don't have any erted thoughts Amber, I'm going to check your arm." Okay she heard my mind. Shucks. Good thing I wore a singlet inside or else I'll be in front of her.


She pulled the left sleeve of my shirt and saw the damage she made. It was visibly bright red now, having a white complexion skin. I think will turn violet in a few hours. She placed the ice pack carefully over it not looking at me. She's so cute at being guilty.


"Hey Krys... Look at me.." still she won't bulge and just kept on pressing the ice pack on my arms. I tilted her chin to look at me and kissed her slowly letting her know that it's okay. I break the kiss and looked at her eyes, she wasn't crying anymore and she's smiling now but she seems tired.


"I'm sorry again... It wasn't meant to hurt you. Now I feel guilty for doing that, we've been together for just a few hours and this already happened." She said softly pressing the pack on my arms while rubbing my other arm.


"I'm sorry too Krys... Me and my big mouth. It won't happen again..." I smiled and held her hand "So... What are we now?"


She took out the ice pack and kiss the reddened spot she looks so cute doing that but what bothered me most is the tingling sensation I felt when her lips landed on my arms. "Now, does it still hurt?"


I pointed at my pouting lips and she laughed softly "It hurts here too~" She reached for me kissing me on my lips and I can't restrain myself anymore, I deepened it. Putting my hand on the back of her head and slowly taste her lips, nibbling and it. She's answering it with fervor and she stood up from the chair encircling her arms on my waist making our bodies collide. But before anything else happen.... She broke from it.


"..... We can't do this here.. Jackie will kill me.." She said biting her lips and it was so y as hell. I tried to kiss her again but she covered my mouth giggling. "Stupid Llama... We have a CCTV here in the office!" I suddenly stood up from the table and she helped me fixed my shirt buttoning it.


"Hey Amber..." She called me while doing my buttons "About your question a while ago."


"Yeah... So... What are we now? Are we on a relationship now? Or do you want to get to know each other first before deciding to be in a relationship with me?"


She stopped what she was doing and looked at me with a smirk at her face. "The last one you said is stupid. Do you want that?"


"Of course NO! I've searched for you for how long God knows."


"Then why suggest that stupid thing? You don't know how long I've waited for you. We can be in a relationship and know each other along the way. "


"So.... We good now?" I looked at her grinning like a kid.

 

 


"Of course, you're MINE now." She said pinching my nose and kissing it. Let's go home.."

"Home.... I like that.." she winked at me and pulled me out of the office.

 

 

---------------