Choco chip cookies - 29

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Hey guys! Let's visit Grandma Lee in Busan and have some fluff but I can't guarantee it until the end of this chapter *grin* *wink wink* 

Thank you to all our subscribers and to the new ones please do enjoy. 

Subscribe, comment, holler!

Ciao! ✌

----------------

 

 


Krystal's POV

 

A week after that conversation in our room, Amber got the appointment we need with her Grandma. Amber said her Grandma will arrange for our transportation and will send her bodyguards to get us from Seoul discreetly. The appointment is a secret and only her trusted confidant and assistant knows about it plus Papa Liu.


Kyuhyun-ssi is also with us so there won't be any worries. Jackie told me all I need to know about her dear Grandma Lee.


As per Jackie, Grandma Lee is a traditional person but she also likes to bend some rules. She got married to her Grandpa at a very young age through an arrange marriage and since then she has lived like a Queen in the Lee household. But she has one thing that she loves to do and that is to cook for her loved ones.


Since Amber and Jackie are her only grandkids, Jackie said that whenever she and Amber will visit when they were still kids Grandma Lee will bake a lot of Choco chip cookies and cook Tteokbokki and Mandu for Amber. That made me worry because I'm not good at making Korean dishes. I might be an expert on Italian and other Western food but Korean dishes are still a tough cookie for me. I only know how to cook Bulgogi and Bibimbap. Add Kimbap, Seaweed Soup, and Kimchi Fried rice to that.


The traditional house in Busan is a very big property Jackie said. Her Grandma has a whole backyard with jars of different kinds of Kimchi buried on it. She holds Gimjang inside her property together with her staff and bodyguards and the Kimchis being made are given to the poor communities near their area for them to get through winter.


That will be fine for me I can eat all kinds of Kimchi except one: Oi-sobagi.


Yes, Oi-sobagi. In English - Cucumber Kimchi.


That will be the death of me. Just any cucumber related dish is a no-no for me. Me and Jessi Eomma are a team against cucumbers because she also hates it. She despises it just by seeing a piece of it.


Jackie said whatever her Grandma serves to the guest, the guest must consume it. She doesn't like picky eaters because food is considered a blessing from the Gods.


I think I'm going to be alright..... Just no cucumbers, please.

 

Two days later, here we are on the way to Busan through her Grandma's chopper being accompanied by Kyuhyun-ssi and 2 bodyguards. I never knew traveling to Busan in a chopper could be this stylish. When we are already near the house, Amber made me look outside and pointed to me the Gamcheon Culture Village. The houses are built in staircase-fashion on the foothills of a coastal mountain with different colors. It was truly eye candy most especially if you're looking at it from the top.

gamcheon-culture-village-2.jpg

 

 

We landed on the courtyard of their property and boy I was truly amazed by how beautiful it is. It's a big traditional house like those Hanok villages in Seoul where the tourist goes and if you're not familiar with the place you'll get lost.

 

Changdeokgung-Palace.jpg

 


Note to self: cling to Amber's side wherever she will go.

 


The moment of truth has come.

 


The moment we landed and went out of the helicopter, I saw a beautiful old lady looking regal and refined wearing a beautiful Hanbok waiting for us at the entrance of the house. She had a smile ready on her face when we walked up to her. I admit I'm shaking inside. It will be like meeting the Queen of Korea wearing shabby clothes. Speaking of clothes, we didn't bring any because we'll be back in Seoul later after the meet up depending on the time we will finish and as Amber said, it depends if Grandma Lee will let us leave.

 


I feel my knees shaking just being in her presence. My Gahd! I haven't been here in less than five minutes but I'm already shaking in nervousness. What more if I'm going to stay here the whole day!? Amber sensed my uneasiness and reached for my hand and intertwined it with hers as we walk to where her beloved Grandma is standing with her court lady... I mean her assistant.


"Grandma!! I miss you so much!" Amber said loudly to her Grandma and ran to her with one arm open while she drags me. What happened next made me laugh inside.


Grandma Lee smacked her head and all Amber can do is dodge the continuous assault of her Grandma. This is funny I wish I captured this on cam and use this as blackmail to the llama nyahahaha...


"You. Stupid. Kid! It's been months and you only remembered to visit me now?! "


"Ouch! Grandma! Aww! Stop that Grandma! Krys help me out here!" Her grandmother gave her a final smack that landed on her back. Ouch! That hurts. I need to see that back later and maybe apply some healing strip. Considering my Amber is still a girl for heaven's sake!


Grandma Lee stopped the assault and composed herself. "That's what you get for not visiting your Grandma for a very long time. I'll understand if you're out of the country but you're just in Seoul! You could have made contact or ask me to send someone to get you."


"I'm sorry Grandma... Jackie left me the bistro to take care of while she was pregnant that's why I've been busy." Amber scratched her neck and grinned at her Grandma.


The old lady smiled at me while looking at my face. "And who is this beautiful young lady beside you?" *Gulp* Speak Krystal! Use your tongue in more important issues not just on Amber! Okay, that sounds erted scratch that.


"Grandma this is Krystal Jung, my girlfriend. Krystal this is my favorite Grandma Lee." I bowed to Grandma Lee and made my introductions.


"My name is K-Krystal Jung mam... it's nice to finally meet you.." I'm still bowing at her waiting for her response.


I heard her laughed softly and reached for me to face her. "Krystal, just call me Grandma Lee, and please don't bow to me like I'm some kind of royalty. Because I'm not, I'm just a leader of this family. Come on, let's get inside and have some tea.." she smiled at me and I can see it's a genuine smile. She held my arm and led us inside the house with Amber behind us.


The house is very beautiful it's the first time I've been inside a Hanok and it's overwhelming. It's like a palace, like those I've seen in Korean period dramas where the King and Queen live. The only difference is it also has a modern touch because of the modern things inside.


We have ushered in a traditional guest receiving room where you will sit on the floor as in the old times. I helped Grandma Lee to sit on her cushion and I went beside Amber and she assisted me. Her assistant came and laid a small table in front of us with various tools for making tea and a tray of freshly baked Choco chip cookies.


"She's going to do a Darye, traditional tea ceremony. Grandma likes her tea done like this.." Amber whispered to me and watched as the lady expertly does the whole ceremony. Wow... So this is how they live here.

 

307a9a3874abe00a8ababb7b2efe185f.jpg


Once the lady had finished she gave us the cup of tea and left the room shutting the door silently. I took a sip of the tea and it was very refreshing. I'm a coffee person but having this tea is is giving me the idea of asking how to do it. But because I'm a lazy person I'll just settle for teabags dipped in hot water.


"Do you like tea, Krystal? It's my favorite tea I hope you enjoy it." Grandma Lee asked me while looking at me from her cup. Why do I feel like I'm being watched by her right now? Oh, Gahd Krystal Jung do not fidget and take a deep breath.


"Y-yes Grandma I love it. It's very refreshing and calming. I admit I'm a coffee person but this tea is an exception." Good take Krystal you're doing great.


"Try this Krys, this is the best Choco chip cookie in the whole world!" Amber held a cookie in front of me urging me to have a bite. This is embarrassing! Her Grandma is watching amusedly at us. "Come on, bite Krys don't be shy! It's just Grandma around!" Oh well, might as well take a bite so the Llama will stop shoving it to my face. I took a bite of the cookie and my eyes widened.


"Oh my God! It's good!" I took another bite of the cookie and the taste just melted in my mouth. It's too good to be true! I've never tasted a choco-chip cookie like this.


"Told ya it's the best! Although I love your cookies, I also love Grandma's cookies.." Amber explained to me but I don't care because I love this cookie now.


"Grandma, this cookie is superb! I can taste what kind of chocolate you used and the butter, it's one of a kind." Amber let me have a bite of her cookie and stuffed it in . It's really good hands down.


"Can you guess what I put on those cookies, Krystal?" She asked me while sipping her tea and watching us eat the cookies like kids.


I took a cookie and studied its appearance then took a bite on it. "You used imported Belgian chocolates in these the one that Amber loves because I always order it online since it's not being sold here, the butter is fresh so I guess it's homemade. You used fresh ingredients in making this cookie. And you have a special ingredient that you had put in here." I looked at her and gave her a knowing smile.


She smiled and winked at me understanding what I just said. Amber looks dumbfounded and just continued eating. "That's my girl hehe... I don't even know what you said. Grandma has been making these cookies since I was a kid and I didn't even know what you said."


"Pabo... Because all you do is stuff that cookie in your mouth! Don't eat it all! Give some to your girlfriend you cookie monster.." she sneered at Amber then turned to me "Forgive my Stupid Granddaughter Krystal. You're lucky Jackie is not here or those cookies will be gone in an instant. Tell me, are you somewhat a food expert? You seem to know what you are saying.."


"Oh, no Grandma I'm not an expert. I just recognize it but I'm a Chef in Jackie's restaurant. I specialize in Italian cuisine Grandma so that's all." I shyly told her.


"Really! How long have you been working with Jackie?" Here comes the interrogation part Krystal Jung. Deep breaths.


"For three years now Grandma. After coming back from Italy and finishing my course I was hired by Jackie and started as a Commis then got promoted as a Sous Chef. Then when our previous Head Chef decided to migrate to the US, she recommended me to take her position as Head Chef."


"That is very admirable of you Krystal. You started from the bottom and climb your way to the top. Your hard work paid off... I heard you're one of the youngest Head Chef here in Korea. Your parents must be proud of you."


"Yes, they are Grandma.." I smiled warmly at her remembering Dad and Eomma.


"Do you have a Korean name or it's just Krystal?"


"It's S-soojung Grandma."


"It fits you perfectly." Shucks did I just blush at Grandma's compliment? Amber made sure to notice it.


"She is a gem Grandma, a very precious one.. and now you're making her blush.."


"Amber~.." Grandma just laughs softly at us while we continue on our tea and cookies.


"By the way, we will hold the yearly Gimjang tomorrow. I need spare hands to help us I hope it's okay."


"But we're leaving later Grandma.." Amber said and when I looked at Grandma her face says it all.


"Oh no, you don't. The two of you will be staying here for a week! I already made arrangements.."

What did I just hear!?


"B-but Grandma... The bistro.." I don't know what to say anymore. A day away in the kitchen is okay. But 7 days!?


"Don't worry I already talked to Jackie and she said it's okay. She said she will give instructions to the people there. Just enjoy your vacation here and make the most out of it. Okay?" How can we say no to her? *Sigh*


Then I remembered something. We only brought ourselves, no extra clothes, nothing. Great now what will I wear in 7 days?!


As if Grandma read what's on my mind she spoke "Soojung... Is it okay if I call you by your Korean name? I love how it sounds."


"Ye Grandma.."


"I already prepared some clothes for the two of you in your room. I know it will perfectly fit you Soojung and as for you Amber it's your old clothes that you left here." She had this joy in her eyes I can't explain. I'll get to know that in these 7 days that we will stay.


Amber reached for her Grandma and kissed her cheeks. "Thanks, Grandma you're the best." Grandma patted Amber's head like a kid and pinched her cheeks.


"Soojung I hope you're not having a hard time taking care of this stupid kid. She's a handful sometimes I don't know how you handle her right. If she does anything bad just tell me and I'll knock some sense to her."


I chuckled shyly at Grandma and smiled. "She's really a handful Grandma and sometimes she's like a kid. But what I like about her is her ability to adjust in situations and she's not ashamed of showing what she is and how she feels. She's not afraid to show that she loves me and I'm thankful for that. Amber is also caring that sometimes it's too much."


"I'll never get tired of taking care of you Krystal you know that.."


"And me too I'll never get tired of taking care of you." We grinned at each other and touched our foreheads. It's cheesy but hey, it's us.


I heard Grandma cleared and we looked up to her embarrassed of having that moment in front of her. "Take a rest on your room you two then meet me later at the courtyard. I'm going to show Soojung my precious Kimchis. Then we'll have dinner at the main hall, I already asked the cook to prepare dishes. Come on, Soojung help me up." We hurriedly stood up and I helped Grandma to stand. She held on to my arms as we move out of the room and went outside.

 

Her assistant came and assisted her. "Go now, take a rest first then we'll see each other later. Amber, I'm warning you. The walls are not that thick." Eh? What does Grandma mean? 

 

She just winked at me and left me and a blushing Amber in the middle of the hallway. Kyuhyun-ssi appeared and shook his head on us smiling.


"I heard we'll be here for 7 days. Do you want me to go back to Seoul and get you some clothes? It's a bit cold now and you'll need your warmers."


"No need Hyun, Grandma said she already prepared clothes for us. If I only knew, we could have brought some clothes Am." I said pouting at her. What will I wear!? Or maybe we can go to the town and shop for some clothes at the mall.


"I'll leave you two now and I'll go to my room. Am, see you later!" Kyuhyun-ssi waved at us and disappeared on the corner.


"Krys, let's go I'll show you our room. It's at the West wing of this property." We went outside the house hand in hand and walked on the stone pathway leading to a separate guest house. Some helpers greeted us and bowed to Amber. Their family is really something and I can see how she is respected here. It was a traditional Hanok room with a King-size mattress on the floor in the middle of the room.


The designs are all traditional then there's a separate door for a modern bathroom with a tub and shower. At last! I thought the bathroom is also traditional. The room has Ondol so the temperature in the room is enough. The walls are thin.


Now I know why Grandma said that! Arrrghh! It's really embarrassing.


"Am... What are we going to do here for 7 days? What if your Mom suddenly pops up here?" I sat down on the floor and waited for her answer. I'm not ready for this I thought it's just a day-long tour here.


"Let's just enjoy our stay here Krys, think of it as a much-needed vacation for both of us. Grandma said tomorrow is Gimjang so let's help them. Have you been on a Gimjang before?" I shook my head at her like a kid and she chuckled at me. "You'll enjoy it tomorrow Soojungie~ we'll eat a lot of Kimchi."


I laid down on the bed and covered myself with a blanket. Wow... It's so warm... And the blanket so soft and fluffy... The floor is warm too... I want to roll like a burrito in this bed and just snuggle on this blanket...


Amber crawled inside and hugged me sideways and we shared the warmth from the blanket. It was cold outside and just being under this fluffy blanket makes me comfy. Then some llama decided to be handsy and naughty beside me. She knows what buttons to push and she's really good at doing that.

 

 


The next thing I knew I'm already beneath her and all our clothes are thrown all over the room with just the blanket covering us. Only our muffled moans and panting can be heard in the 4 walls of the room.


"Am..... Ugggghhh......! The walls are thin~......" I panted at her and bit my bottom lip hard to suppress my moans. Oh my God, I think I can't take this anymore....... I'm going down if I scream that loud but what the heck! I don't care anymore!


Our bodies rock together making us sweat profusely. Amber's sweat dripping on her head down to my chest while we're inside the blanket as we meet each other's . I dug my nails on her back and it just made her more aroused.


"Soojungie... Ahhh... Don't scream...Please...Or you'll alert all...of...the...guards... " I can't help it anymore and did what I have to do but before someone can hear it Amber acted immediately. "!"


"AMB--!" She connected our mouths immediately to muffle my screams as my head rolls to the overwhelming sensation of our .


After we got down from our high we kissed tenderly and connected our sticky foreheads together grinning like lovestruck teenagers who had for the first time while the adults are outside the room.


"I told you not to scream Soojungie.... Or else guards will be barging inside our room while we're in the middle of doing it." She whined cutely at me while I gave her slow pecks on her face.


"What can I do~ it was out of my control. You make me lose control..."


"Am I that good?" She wriggled her eyebrows teasingly at me and I chuckled laughing softly.


"Do I really have to answer that?!" We laugh together and she let her body fall on mine as I hug her close to me. "Now we know what to do on that 7 days."


"We just have to be careful or else you know what will happen. That will be shocking! " I can feel my eyes dropping and tiredness coming over me.


"Am... I'm sleepy.." she buried her face on the crook of my neck and gave kisses on it.


"Then sleep now, Princess... I love you.."


"I love you too... And I want this blanket on our apartment..." I mumbled and I only heard a soft laugh from Amber then I drifted to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

------------

Definitions: 

Oi-sobagi - Cucumber Kimchi

Hanok - traditional Korean houses

Darye - Traditional Korean Tea ceremony

Gimjang (Kimjang) - the traditional process of preparation and preservation of kimchi where the community actively participates on making it. 

Ondol - Korean floor heater

4Walls - One of the best albums of all time

Thin walls - will put you in trouble if you didn't notice it XD