Lavender - 25

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Yo guys! How are you all? I'm sorry if the updates took a few days to be uploaded. I was busy with an event last weekend. But now I'm back! 

Double updates for today! I missed you all! 

Subscribe, comment, holler!!

Ciao! ✌

----------

 

 


Krystal's POV


Jackie gave birth to a bouncing baby boy weighing 8 lbs. Amber was so happy when we went to check baby Patrick on the nursery. Her first ever nephew. This is the second childbirth we witnessed this month and I'm seriously having second thoughts about pregnancy because of the horrors of giving birth. When I told Amber about it, she just laughed softly and said she'll never leave my side when that time comes... Or I can just have epidural so I'll be knock out. Bummer.


Papa Liu - as what he wants me to call him, visited Jackie in the hospital. Mrs. Liu wasn't around so I didn't had the chance to see her face to face and talk to her and clear things out. Not that I did something bad to her because it's the opposite, she was the one who sent her henchmen to scare us anyway. I just want to reach out to her and repair the broken ties she had with her daughter. Nothing's gonna change the fact that she's still Amber's mother and she loves her very much. And it's going to be her birthday in 2 days.


Papa Liu was so happy, his eyes were sparkling when he saw his first Grandson. Looks like baby Patrick got the noses of the Liu. Not that I'm complaining, I actually love Amber's nose hehe.. I love biting it.


Little Yoona and Seohyun are like Angels from heaven bringing happiness and bright smiles to Dad and Eomma. Of course to their Soojung unnie too and I can't wait for them to grow up and do things together. Dad is having a blast being given a chance to experience taking care of babies after 25 years and I'm happy for him.


Yes, I finally called Aunt Jessi 'Eomma' for the first time. It felt good calling her Eomma... It feels like our family is already complete. She was teary eyed when I called her that and she hugged me tightly.


But still, I feel like something is missing. Like a part of me that isn't complete. I have my friends, my family, I have Amber beside me and I'm contented with everything. But I still feel a gap in my heart that I can't explain.....


I told Amber about it when we are at the balcony of our apartment a night before her birthday. We are going to wait til the clock strikes 12 to celebrate for the first time together. We have the cake and champagne laid out on the floor of the balcony. Then tomorrow Vic and I prepared a party for her at the BBQ house at night.


"Krys, maybe there's something you still want to do and you haven't done it. You know... Like goals in life." She said to me while we sat in the bean bag looking at the view of the city and Han river.


I thought about it and shrugged. "If it's my goals, I already achieved a lot of them. If it's dreams, some of them already came true."


"Tell me baby, what are the goals that you haven't achieve?"


"Well... Career wise I already achieved it Am. Wealth I'm also okay with what we have. My health is in a good track too.. Love... Hmmm... I don't know..." I winked at her teasingly.


She clenched her chest faking hurt "Krystal Jung, that's so savage. I'm really hurt right now."


"Stupid.." I said pinching her cheeks. "I found Love years ago and she's now looking so stupid in front of me with her fake expression. Happy?"


"Of course.." she said smiling smugly at me with puffed chest. "Well what about your dreams?"


"My dreams? Well you're already beside me so it means one of it came true.." I saw her blush and a small smile escaped on her lips. "I want to have my own Bistro someday. Like the one in New York, it will have a homey atmosphere and the food will be superb and affordable to all kinds of people. We'll manage it and pass it on to our kids someday."


"That will be great.." she pulled me to her lap and put her chin on my shoulders. "It will be the best restaurant here in Seoul because the best chef prepares the food with love. Then we'll put a mini gallery of artworks inside for the guests to see and a mini library which they can read the books that is donated by fellow diners."


"Then we'll serve the finest wines but we will take out the label. It will be like a guessing game for them what kind of wine and age it is." I added.


"Do you know what's my goal and dream at the same time Krys?" She tilted my chin to face her. I could see her eyes looking deep into mine with all the love and warmth I can feel.


"W-what?"


"For us to get married, have kids, build our own house, and to fulfill your dream of having a Bistro. And to be with you til we get old and we will still be doing this every night til infinity. How does that sound?" She said grinning widely at me. I blushed at her statement and scoffed at her.


"Amber's always corny and fluffy.."


"Okay I'll change the last line, to be with you til we get old and we will still be having hot, hard, and mind blowing everywhere in our house that no one can top." Amber wriggled her brows to me naughtily that I smacked her head and blushed harder. I can feel the hotness of my cheeks. She was laughing at my reaction and pulled me closer to her and hugged me. Byuntae!


"I'm gonna smack you again if you say it in front of other people. Tssss.."


"Bwoah! Who tells our y time to her best friend huh?!"


"It's like comparing notes baby, you got to share ideas." I winked and meronged at her. She heard me,Byul, Luna, and Victoria at the office one time talking about *ehem* *ehem* and she freaked out running to me and covered my mouth when I was halfway to my story about what we did in the back of the Rover when we suddenly disappeared one lunchtime. She was red like a tomato that day and couldn't meet their eyes because of embarassment. "And we are all girls, you're also a girl so there's nothing bad about that."


"So it's okay if I also share stories to the guys, huh? " she narrowed her eyes at me teasingly.


"NO! Don't tell me you do that with the guys!?"


"Of course not! I don't brag about it to them. It will be like giving them ideas on how hot and y you are. I don't want them fantasizing about you sitting on the kitchen counter while I make you scream."


"Byuntae! Do you really have to say that?!"


She grinned at me like a kid clenching her teeth cutely. Aissshhh!!! I'm going to smack her hard if I find out she brags about it. "It's just the two of us here baby no one will hear it."


I rolled my eyes at her and pinch her sides. We lighted the candles on her cake and waited for the moment til the clock strikes 12. The alarm on my phone played indicating that it's already 12 midnight and it's finally her special day. I kissed her softly and smiled at her lovingly.


"Happy birthday Amber Liu.. I hope to celebrate many birthdays with you like this."


"Thank you Krystal Jung for being beside me." She gave me her most beautiful smile and connected our lips. I broke it and lifted the cake in front of her so she can blow the candles.


"Close your eyes and make a wish Am, come on." She closed her eyes and her face had this solemn expression like she's doing a super mega huge wish to up above. After that she opened her eyes and looked at me with a smile and we blew her candles.


"Yay! Happy birthday baby! Wooohoooo!!!" We hugged each other tightly and I feel so blessed having her in my arms right now. This kind hearted person who never fails to amaze me every day. I cupped her cheek and connected our foreheads together.


"I love you so so so much Amber. I hope your wishes come true and always remember that I'll support you all the way. Arasso? I'll do everything to make your Mom accept me."


"You don't have to prove yourself to her Krys because you are a kind, loving, and amazing person. Just be your usual self and there will come a time she'll accept you and our relationship. The important thing is we're together and we'll gonna live our life happy without hate and regrets." We did an Eskimo kiss and grinned at each other.

 

 

 


------------

 


Morning came and we went to work as usual, but because it's her special day the guys prepared something for their 'boss'. Upon entering the back door of the bistro Amber was surprised when our friends suddenly popped some confettis and sang 'Happy Birthday' to her. She was all smiles and thanked them all.


"Amber! Happy birthday bro! Even though you snatched Chef Krys from me--" I glared incredulously at Minho. Vic got hold of a French bread on the counter and smacked Minho again and again eliciting laughter from all of us.


"Bro I didn't snatched her away from you, she was mine from the start!.." Amber countered Minho with a smirk and gave the 'he's-so-crazy' look at me.


"Bro, happy birthday from me and Luna! Many more to come!" Jonghyun said while they made a brofist.


"Yah llama happy birthday! We want samgyupsal later!" Luna said and I made an okay sign. We'll be having the get together at the BBQ house later. Vic and I already made reservations with Eun Gap-ssi yesterday.


"Chef Krys, is it okay if I bring my boyfriend later? He just got discharge from military service. I want you all to meet him." Kyungsoo asked me scratching his head.


"Of course! Just tell him to meet us later so that we can go all together on the restaurant."


Seulgi went to my side clinging on my arms "Daebak! We're going to drink all we want tonight since it's our rest day tomorrow! Can we, Chef? Or you're still grounded? Hehehe..."


I puffed my cheeks remembering it and looked at Amber asking for permission. She just raised her eyebrow at me and smirked. Huff. No Soju for Krystal Jung later. How sad. I heard Byul giggling and kicked her playfully glaring at her. This is all her fault T___________T


"Thanks guys! I'm happy I got to celebrate it with you all today. Let's work hard and later we're going to celebrate! How about that? And for the drinking, of course we will do that except this girl here. " They cheered loudly and excitedly while I pout and sulk on the corner like a kid denied of having her Mint choco chip ice cream.

 

 

 


-----------

 

 

"Hey Chef Krys! A guest wants to see you at the dining area. She said she loved your Spaghetti Bolognese. Should I tell them you're busy?" Wendy came to me at the kitchen. We still have 45 minutes till closing time and last orders for dinner are already called.


"Sure.. I'll go with you." I smiled at Wendy and took off my apron.


"R-r-really Chef!!? Omo Omo! Byul unnie is Chef okay?" I laughed at Wendy's surprised face and I ruffled her hair.


"I'm more than okay.. We're not busy and just waiting for closing time. Might as well entertain the guest. Maybe it's time I take their request to see me once in a while." I fixed my hair and wipe any dirt in my face. "How do I look Byul?"


"You look fine as always. Just go and charm that guest." She told me and Solar made an okay sign with her 2 hands.


Wendy ushered me out of the kitchen and I saw Amber and Victoria talking on the bar. Victoria was writing as Amber is dictating and I had a small smile on my face. She's really into her boss mode now ever since Jackie made her co-owner. She talked to me about it asking for an advice and I told her it's great because it's a good investment. I can see that she's doing her best to make a name for herself.


We made our way to the private room tucked away from all the people. It's a private section of the bistro Amber made so that our 'private and famous' guests can have a decent meal without being ogle at by stares or photos from paparazzis outside. The bistro was featured again on a major magazine and some readers tried our specialties and posted online how good it is. Now we have our own Instagram account being manage by who else, our Marketing specialist/part-owner Amber.


Some idols even secretly dates here, one is this couple from a girl group. The girl1 was already kicked out from the group but girl2 remained. I think the label restricts them on being seen together or something like restricting girl2 to contact girl1. An assistant of girl2 went to Victoria and asked her if her ward can enter the bistro from the back door. She said yes and informed me and Amber. We were shocked when we saw them enter our kitchen from the back door. Seulgi even forgot that she has dough in her hands when we saw them together wearing caps and shades. Wow... The rumours were true. They are dating.


I saw the back of the guest from afar and my heart started to beat like crazy. I stopped and reached for my chest trying to calm down my heart. Why am I like this?! It isn't the first time that I'm gonna face a guest. But why do I feel like I'm doing it for the first time? Why am I nervous like this?!


Wendy noticed that I haven't been following her and turned to me. "Chef Krys, are you okay?"


"Y-yeah I'm okay Wendy, just fixing my uniform. Let's go.." I smiled at her and continued to walk.


We stopped on the table and I saw that there were two ladies maybe the same age as Dad. The first lady smiled at me when she saw me and there is something familiar about her face that I can't remember clearly but I think we already met. The other lady's back facing me.


"Excuse me ma'am, our Head Chef is here." Wendy said and bowed to them. "Chef Krys, I'll go now.." she said to me and went back to the dining area.


"Annyeong-haseyo, Krystal imnida. I'm the Head Chef of Jackie's Bistro. I hope you liked the food we made?" I smiled graciously but my smile turned to shock and anger when the lady turned her face at me and gave me an eyesmile that I haven't seen for a long time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"It's nice to see you again, S-soojung...."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------

She's back! What will Soojung do? 

Will she throw her mother out of the bistro and out of her life forever or listen to her story? 

That......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.....we have to find out on the 2nd update! 

 

 

Ciao! ✌