Bagels - 4

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Hi guys! How are you all? I got updates and it's not just one, not two, but THREE! 

Because I'm lazy and nursing an ear infection right now 😑😣

Again thank you to all the subscribers. Keep on reading and don't hesitate to leave a comment. 

Ciao! ✌

 

 


Krystal's POV


The Mango smoothie was refreshing and I really am enjoying it. Plus points for this Llama for bringing in my favorite. Plus points huh?


She was also enjoying her Apple juice and she looks so cute with doing that sipping motion that makes her really look like a Llama. I saw her chin and the ketchup is still there. Did no one saw it when she's buying our drinks? Or did they just let it be?


"Hey...." I called her and pointed the ketchup at her chin using my lips. She's staring wide eyed at me....

 

Ah stupid dummy. I pointed at it again but I think she doesn't really get it. I rolled my eyes at her stupidity and reach for it but what happened shocked me to the core.


She KISSED me.


She freaking KISSED me.

 

My first KISS.


Gone like that for a second.


Even if it's for a second.... I felt her soft lips. It's soft and rosy.


"Y-y-y-y-you h-have a-a k-ketchup... on your c-chin..." Oh great what a stuttering mess I am.


She unconsciously reach for her chin and her cute eyes went wide when she saw the ketchup on her fingers. 

 

"Oh... OH! T-there's a ketchup! OH MY ING GOD!!!" she tried to the ketchup on her chin stupidly and she did. Don't ask me how but she did it and besides it's in between her lips and mouth. But her tongue is.... Surprisingly. Long. Her lips look so inviting... The way she her lips was.... y

 

For the first time in my life I had the urge to kiss someone. No one, I mean no one has ever made me feel like this before. Even my suitors and fanboys didn't made me feel like this. The want to taste those lips....


I don't know what came into me but I did. I crashed my lips to hers and just stayed there with my eyes closed. I can taste the Apple juice on it but it, her lips is soft. Like a magnet pulling me in...


After a few seconds she started to move her lips on mine gently, guiding me on what to do. I started to nibble her lips, tasting the sweetness of that part of hers. I can't explain the feeling, it's something indescribable. Kissing her was like eating caviar for the first time. So exquisite, you'll find yourself craving for more.


It lasted for minutes and when I pulled back, both of us gasping for air, a smile escaped my lips and hers too. I was looking at her lips then to her eyes wondering what is the meaning of this sudden meeting but then, she's kissing me again and I responded with eagerness. It's a kiss that makes you forget about anything else around you because what's important is there's only me and her. We heard a click of a camera so we broke the kiss abruptly, finding a guy taking our picture then saying 'Ah... Young love.. so splendid and sweet..' then walking out.


That was awkward as hell. I pulled back and sat straight on the bench turning my head on the other side not wanting her to see the small smile on my face while I bite my lower lip. Krystal Jung you're in the middle of Central Park kissing in front of a lot of people. You go girl!


She was also sitting straight on the bench right now rubbing her palms on her pants nervously. Why is this handsome human being so nervous right now? Is it because of what happened? Did she regret kissing me?


I bowed down my head and took a deep breath, closing my eyes. I hear her shuffle beside me and when I opened my eyes, her face was closer to mine. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and readied myself on her speech of regret.


"Hey..." I heard her say but I didn't look up to her. Don't worry I'll forget about it.


"Yeah..."


"W-would you like to go to The Met? L-let's go there and take a peek of the museum pieces, you know..... Like a museum date.." Date?


Is she asking me for a DATE?


"S-sure... Let's go.." what she did next made me smile. She intertwined our fingers slowly and looked at me with a soft smile in her face that glows.


She pulled me up and we started to walk going to The Met hand in hand and taking peeks at each other like we are some kind of a couple who has been together for 10 years. We don't need to say a lot, just by looking at each other we let the one know how we feel.

 

 

Amber's POV


The moment she kissed me I instantly felt a surge of electricity-like feeling inside me that I've never felt before even in my past girlfriends. It's something new and wonderful, her lips so soft and sweet tasting the mango smoothie she just downed. Like I want to kiss it until she surrender then beg for more.


It felt.... Right. Her lips molding into mine making a perfect synchronisation of a dance we only know. Her lips perfectly fit mine that I want to capture it every way available. She pulled back gasping for air and we looked at each other with a smile on our lips.


Judging from her stares she's asking herself what the hell is happening right now. I answered her again with a kiss after she recovered. I felt her eagerness in the kiss and all her feelings inside being poured on it. Her lips is addicting, like heroine. It only broke when we suddenly heard a camera click and we saw a guy took our picture and leaving saying 'Ah... Young love.. so splendid and sweet'.


Wow. It was a kiss I wouldn't forget.


A few minutes and we sat straight in the bench checking out each other In a silent way.


Hey..." I called her, nervousness creeping inside me. She might kill me for kissing her. But then again, she also kissed me back so that's fair


"Yeah..."


"W-would you like to go to The Met? L-let's go there and take a peek of the museum pieces, you know..... Like a museum date.."


"S-sure... Let's go.." I intertwined our fingers and looked at her waiting for any violent reactions but she just smiled at me , a soft smile.


I pulled her up and we walked hand in hand going to The Met and I can't help myself but grin and feel good about our hands together. Even our hands fits right. Walking like this with her feels right.

Metropolitan_Museum_of_Art_at_1000_5th_Ave_.jpg


After touring 5,000 years worth of history at The Met we transferred to another museum, the Museum of Modern Arts. I introduced to her Chagall, Dalli, Lichtenstein, and Van Gogh. Since the museum closes at 5:30pm, we made our way out early while talking about Van Gogh's Starry Night and how beautiful the colors are. I heard her stomach grumble and she blushed grinning at me. She looks so cute doing that. Uggh!

139799.jpg


"Why don't we have dinner now? Then we can continue our walks after. How does that sound?"


"Sounds good... But my budget is only limited to a slice of pizza for dinner.." she pouted at me and I chuckled. Stop pouting at me I might kiss you again here.


"Don't worry I know a place that's not expensive and you can eat steak all you want. And I insist, I'll pay our dinner tonight."


"No way! I'm going to pay you. Or just bring me to a pizza house if you want." She crossed her arms in front of me and I just scratched my neck.


"Fine.. It's just that I want this night to be special because later... " I stopped mid-sentence when she softly laughed and grinned at me.


"It doesn't matter if we eat an expensive meal or a cheap one. The night will be special because we're together." Her words melted my heart and made my stomach do some sommersaults.

 

20160309-il_buco_al_fresco-1.jpg


We ended up eating on a diner owned by an Italian family. They also serve pasta and other Italian food that taste so good. She settled for a slice of Pizza and Bolognese while I ordered my favorite Pesto paired with ravioli. My mom always cooks this dish since I was a kid and she still does it whenever I go home.

 

 

It was a very lovely and enjoyable dinner. We laughed, talked about the museum pieces, the people we see. She surprised me when she talked about the Pesto I just ate and the contents of it. The ingredients, how to cook it, down to how to make a ravioli. It impressed me on how detailed she was like she's been training to be a chef starting from a young age. The owner of the restaurant was a nice Italian lady and she too was mesmerized by her knowledge of Italian food and the language too.


She talks about food like how my ex-girlfriends talk about shopping and clothes and make-up and everything else. That's their life being rich brats studying in a private and exclusive school with uniforms. Her eyes lits up when she mentions cheese and wine altogether and how she listened to the Italian lady how to make the perfect Bolognese. Did I already said she speaks Italian? Oh yeah I did. And its like honey to my ears.


The owner excused herself to us because a friend arrived and we shared a look and then smiled at each other. She's not just beautiful, she's also bright and knowledgeable and she knows what she is saying. I'm just curious with something...


"Hey.... You're Korean, right?" She nodded at me and said "Annyeonghaseyo!" and winked at me. My Gahd.


"And I suppose you are Chinese, right? ABC?" The acronym made me frown. What was that?


"American Born Chinese? Ring a bell?" She grinned at my confusion and I let out a soft laugh and drink some soda.


"Actually, Part- Taiwanese and Part-Korean born and raised in L.A. How about you? ABK?" I copied her acronym that made her chuckle.


She brush her hair with her fingers and nodded "Yeah... American Born Korean then moved to Korea when I was in Middle school."


"So how come you're so fluent in Italian when you're a freaking ABK?" I placed my arms on the table and held my head with my palm watching her.


"Duh.. Because I needed it before going to Italy." She said it rolling her eyes at me and smiled. Then she remembered something and stared back at me with confusion and wonder.


"W-why?"


"I haven't told you earlier that I'm going to Italy haven't I?"


"Yeah you didn't. Care to tell me what are you going to do there?"


"I-i won a scholarship for a 4 year Culinary course that's why I'm flying there. How about you? You talk about Chagall and Dalli like you're some old pals. You know every piece of art in MoMA and can distinguish their classes. You even know the history of every collection in The Met. Are you some kind of a genius or what?"


"I'm not.... It's just a..... requirement to know that kind of things. And i love reading books about history that's why. You love cooking?" I asked her and her face suddenly lits up with the mention of cooking.


"Yes.... I love cooking dishes that makes people happy and I want to be the best chef that everyone will love."


"I know you can do it, just seeing your enthusiasm and passion for cooking will make you the best chef. "


"I hope so too. And I just want to prove something to someone. By the way, where are you heading later?" I smiled bitterly at her and chuckled.


"Korea.. I'll be going home to attend the university." And see my parents everyday bickering with each other til one of them gives up and goes out the door.


"Really.... What course do you have in mind?"


"Arts and Letters at first, but since my Dad wanted me to study business I obliged. "


I heard her chuckle and played with the fork on her plate. "This is so ing surreal. You flying to Korea and me flying to Italy. And we're gonna part in a few hours; and I only spent a whole day with you. Why do I feel that we've known each other for so long but the truth is it isn't even 24 hrs. since we met."


I bit my lip and looked at her while she plays with her fork. She's not like them, those girls I've dated before. She's special I know... A kind of girl I just met today but turned my world upside down for being different. For being - her. No pretensions and bold. A girl who speaks her mind and lights up at the mention of food and cooking.


I snickered and poke at her cheek "Hey... I'm going to ask you again. Are you straight?"


Her face turned red like a tomato and shook her head smiling "I think I was straight before we met.... But after today... I think you already know the answer. It's your fault for being a show off and know-it-all about arts and history."


"Because I do know it all." I smirked at her playfully. I remembered the book I bought for her, I picked up my backpack and pulled out the paper bag inside it.


"What's that?" She asked me looking at the paper bag in my hands without having idea it was for her. An effort I made just for her. Again, this is something Amber Liu doesn't normally do because she can ask other people to do it for her.


"I ah... Ah.. T-this is for you..." Since we're sitting side by side , I hand over the bag to her while she look at me with a questioning face. It suddenly changed to surprise when she saw what's inside and that brought out the brightest smile on her face.


"H-how did you.."


"I saw you look at that on the bookshop and it seems like you like it very much. You look disappointed then and placed it back at the shelf. I told myself I want to erase that disappointment on your beautiful face. That's why I ran back to the shop when I said I'll buy us drinks so that I can get the book for you" And I have a little surprise for her inside the book but she'll know about it if only she browse it.


I noticed a tear escaped her eyes while smiling brightly at me. Her smile is so precious I recorded it on my mind already. I brushed the tears with my thumb and kissed her eyes.


Badump badump badump


It was so loud I can hear it. The sound of my heart beating and I think I know why. Is it really possible to happen in real life? This kinds of things only exist in the movies. But now I'm having firsthand experience and I don't know what to do.


She pulled my collar and crashed her lips into mine. It was a lingering kiss full of gratitude and I can feel myself smiling while we kiss. She broke the kiss and our foreheads touch, grinning at each other.


Does she feel it too?


"I don't know what to say...."


"You already said it by your kiss." She chuckled at me and kissed my cheeks. I remember the lady driver this morning and what she told me before driving off. About meeting someone who'll make my stay unforgettable. Right here right now with her is unforgettable enough.


"You didn't have to do this... You're making this hard for me, you know."


"It's a gift from me, for you to remember that you once met a stupid Llama who went running around the streets of New York with a ketchup on her chin."


She laughed softly and kissed me again but tenderly. Now I know why I'm making it hard for her. We felt a connection with each other.


"W-wait for me here.." she stood up and went to the counter and talked to the Italian lady. I don't know what they're talking about because they're conversing on that language. I saw the lady turned to me with a smile on her face and I smiled at her too then the lady turned to her patting her head.