Bagels - 5

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Second update!!

 

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

 


Krystal's POV


Amazing is the word to describe her.


She talks about art pieces like she owns it. She has this detailed eyes for art and how it twinkles when she talk about a particular painting. She talks about Van Gogh like they are buddies.


She has this confidence in her that makes her lovable. She talks about history of each artifacts we saw at The Met like she's a scholar or historian. It's like she's sharing a part of her to me exclusively, something special that she haven't done before.


I love how she brushes her short hair with her fingers. I want to run my fingers on those hair and just massage her head to take away the frown on her forehead when she's in deep thought about a particular display.


She has this air of majesticness when she walks, how her body moves. Like she's some kind of a royalty but also charming at the same time, refined.


We decided to eat at an Italian diner that serves authentic dishes in a cheap price. The owner was a nice Italian lady and her whole family runs the place. She has this motherly aura that made me comfortable with her and she was surprised when I spoke perfect Italian to her.


I settled for a slice of Pizza and Bolognese while she had Pesto Ravioli. I think she loves Pesto. She especially requested to put a lot of it in her ravioli and she eats it like it's the most delicious food she ever tasted. Even scooping the sides of her plate with her focaccia bread just to get the remaining sauce. She's so cute.


We talked about the art pieces we saw and her eyes lit up again with the mention of the topic. Good thing I did have some bit of reading at school before that's why I can relate. Then I told her about the Pesto she just ate, what's in it, how to do it, how to make a ravioli. She looks so handsome by just looking at me with those puppy eyes and listening to my ramblings.


No one listened to me with much interest and enthusiasm before and she's the first one who ever did it. Some of my suitors usually backs out after two days because it's all that comes out of my mouth. They expect me to be cute and all, but I'm not like that. I love to converse and share my mind. Maybe that's why I never had a relationship before, well I'm still young okay, but no high school guys had interests me.


My classmates spent their weekends going to the park or window shopping in Myeongdong. Me, I spent my early morning weekends on markets looking for the freshest ingredients I need because I'm practicing for the cooking contest I'm going to enter. It paid off because I got the scholarship in one of the most prestigious culinary school in Italy.


My only friend was Key, he's a guy and we became friends at the start of the school year. He was weird because of his fashion sense but I like him and he's a good friend. He loves fashion and he flaunts it.


The owner went to our table checking if we enjoyed our food. She nodded eagerly and said that it's the best Pesto she ever tasted besides her mom's cooking. I talked to the lady in Italian and asked her how to make the perfect Italian Bolognese and I can sense her staring at me like a lovestruck puppy like she understands what I and the lady is talking about.


Looking at her makes me guess that she's a mix. She asked me if I'm Korean and I answered her with a greeting.


"Annyeong haseyo!" I added a wink to it making her gape.


She was Taiwanese - Korean.. That's why her features are mixed but I love it. Her eyes says it all. I realized we haven't told anything about ourselves. We just didn't talked about it when we were strolling in the park or enjoying the museums. Maybe because words are not needed between the two of us.


When she told me she's going to Korea to study, I felt sad. How can I feel something for a person that will be soon flying to where I came from and me flying away far from her.


We've only been together in less than 24 hours but she managed to make my heart yearn for her. A whole day with her was enough to make my heart skip a beat whenever our hands touch. Her presence comforts me.. It feels that I don't need to prove myself to her all the time because in her eyes I'm always perfect. I think I'm falling for her.


She poked my cheek making me turn to her and asked me a question with playfulness on her face "Hey... I'm going to ask you again. Are you straight?"


This girl really.... Now she's asking me that after all the things she did to make my heart skip a beat. I shook my head smiling not believing this Llama "I think I was straight before we met.... But after today... I think you already know the answer. It's your fault for being a show off and know-it-all about arts and history." It's true.... I think I fell for her because of her brilliant mind. Her handsomeness is a bonus and her charm.


"Because I do know it all." She smirked at me playfully. She suddenly picked up her backpack and pulled out a paper bag inside it.


"What's that?" I asked her looking at the paper bag in her hands without having idea what it is. It looks like a... Book?


"I ah... Ah.. T-this is for you..." She handed the paper bag to me and I know I'm right. It looks like a book but what is it? I looked at her with a question on my face. But it surprised me when I brought it out. It can't be.... Oh My God... This is too much.. I can't help but smile brightly looking at her gift.

 

"H-how did you.."


"I saw you look at that on the bookshop and it seems like, you like it very much. You look disappointed then and placed it back at the shelf. I told myself I want to erase that disappointment on your beautiful face. That's why I ran back to the shop when I said I'll buy us drinks so that I can get the book for you." She was grinning proudly at me happy about her surprise. I never knew she went all the way to buy the book. I didn't even noticed it on her bag.


I feel so special right now.. How did she noticed it earlier when we are in the shop? I remember she was far from me then. Is she watching me then?


I'm smiling right now and so overwhelmed with emotions that a tear escaped my eyes. All these things she has done for me, making me feel wanted and special. I don't even have anything with me now to give to her. She brushed the tears in my eyes and kissed it.


Badump badump badump


Why are you beating like that? Don't you know you're making it hard for me now?! I want her but at the same time I can't. We can't. But you want her... Listen to what your heart is telling you.


I pulled her collar and crashed my lips into hers. A kiss as a sign of gratitude for what she did, because she made me feel special like no one else did. I broke the kiss, our foreheads touching and we're grinning at each other.


Did she hear my heart beating?


"I don't know what to say...." Is it early to say the 3 letter word now?


"You already said it by your kiss." I chuckled and looked at her adorable smile making me kiss her cheeks. I think she did heard it clearly.


"You didn't have to do this... You're making this hard for me, you know." It's making me crazy having these feelings that I'm thinking of going home with you.


She gave me that wonderful smile of hers that I come to record on my mind ."It's a gift from me, for you to remember that you once met a stupid Llama who went running around the streets of New York with a ketchup on her chin."


Even without this book I'll still remember you dummy. Your hands fitting perfectly with mine, your funny laugh and wonderful smile is already recorded here in my mind. It's enough for me to get by.


I laughed softly and kissed her tenderly... I've been bold enough today to do things I don't normally do. Being with her now feels so..... right. I don't know what I'm thinking anymore but I know one thing - I don't want to regret not being able to be with her tonight. I came to a decision that I will not regret for the rest of my life.


"W-wait for me here.." I stood up and went to the counter and talked to the Italian lady. I hope she say yes because if not, maybe I'm just wasting our time. I told her what I needed and I know I'm blushing just by asking for that favor.


"Per favore, Signora.."


She looked at me and instantly understood what I'm feeling right now. She turned to her and I saw them smile to each other. The lady patted my head and told me to get my 'friend' and follow her.


It's now or never Krystal. You made this decision and you want it.


I walked up to her and pulled her arm to get up. "Hey.... Let's go.." She looked confuse from the looks of it but obliged without any protest.


"Where are we going?" She asked me with a chuckle and I just smiled at her shyly and intertwined our fingers as we follow the lady at the back of the restaurant and going up to the stairs leading to a door.


"Grazie..." I thanked the lady and she just hugged me then patted the Llama's shoulders.


"Sei benvenuto signorina.."


Once she left, I faced the Llama and saw her staring at me looking confuse with what's happening. She looks so cute I giggled just to shake off the tension inside me.


"Why are we here? Do you want to sleep first before we head to the airport?" She asked me while I just stared at her biting my lips. If I could sleep but I think we don't have time for any sleep right now.


It's now or never Krystal.


"I know this is crazy... But will you promise me that you'll do anything I want you to do?"


She seems shock when I told it to her but she recovered and understood what I'm trying to say. She held my hand carresing the back of it with her thumb. "A-are you sure about this? Look, you don't have to do this. "


"But I want to do this.." I said softly to her looking down. Am I going to be rejected just now?


She tilted my head and looked at me like a puppy trying to make me smile. "Look, I don't want you to do something that you will regret later on."


"What I'm going to regret is not being with you tonight." I looked straight into her eyes and cupped her face with my hands. I kissed her with so much passion that I didn't know I have. She answered it with the intensity that makes me out of breath and I can feel that she wants me too but she's just stopping herself. 


She pulled my body to hers and encircled her arms on my waist not wanting to let me go. I know the walls she built just crashed and I can feel the heat on our bodies going up. I broke our kiss out of breath and leaned on to her and whispered on her ears.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Make me yours.."

 

 

 

 

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

 

Oooooohhh!