Basil - 17

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Did I say double? What I meant was triple chingus :D Update juseyo part 3!

SuJu members being SWAT members wow hehehe...

-----------

 


There was silence and all of us in the dining room are looking at each other waiting for someone to talk. Victoria's cellphone rang and it was Jackie on the other line. She's giving instructions to Victoria and she was just nodding. After the call she motioned everyone to come and listen to her.


"Jackie just called, we're going to close the bistro for today. Minho and Jonghyun lock the front door outside then immediately go inside using our backdoor. Sehun and Kyungsoo be sure we have food later in case we'll be lock up here late.."


"Lock up!? What do you mean lock up Vic?! I have a date later!" I heard Wendy asked with wide eyes.


Victoria cleared and looked at all of us. Luna holding my hands waiting for our friends' announcement. We've never seen her serious like this.


"I'm giving all of you a chance now to decide if you want to stay or go home and be safe inside your house. There might have an attack that will happen later and it's directed to us. Jackie said she knows her mother, anyone who becomes close to Amber is not safe. She thinks it was us who changed Amber's mind. Most especially Chef Krys. So it means we're caught in the middle now. And the bistro is the safest place right now."


"This is just a precautionary measure... We just don't want anything bad to happen again like before." Kyuhyun-ssi said that made me raised my eyebrows. Happen again? Does it have something to do with Bryan's accident before?


Victoria and Kyuhyun instructed the rest of the staff on what to do and we all wait. A tap was heard on the back door and Kyuhyun checked who it is. He came back to the dining area with 4 guys behind him all dressed in black combat uniforms like they're some kind of a SWAT team. I never thought loving Amber will result to this kind of 'war' between her and Mrs. Liu.


I acknowledge their presence and they all bowed to me. I looked at them incredulously because of what they did, Luna made a low hoot and Seulgi clicked her tongue.


Victoria introduced them to me "Krys, these are Donghae, Yesung, Kangin, and Sungmin. They are the ones who will take care outside.." I smiled at them awkwardly not knowing what to say. Wendy and Irene's eyes are feasting on them right now like it's the first time they saw good looking guys all together.


"But why are you guys in full combat gear?" Minho asked gawking at them with his googly eyes. Jonghyun smacked his head and said "Pabo, didn't you hear what Vic said a while ago? Aisssh! I don't know why we are friends..."


Kyuhyun ushered them at the side of the room with me and Victoria following them. We were standing in circles as Kyuhyun discuss the situation with Victoria also adding information. Listening to Vic right now tells me she's not just a simple Maître d. These guys listen to what she says with authority.


"Chef Krys, Van Gogh was already dropped off at the helipad. She will be escorted here by Shindong, Kibum, and Hangeng. We will leave Leeteuk guarding the back door of the bistro so no one can enter. Don't worry this will all pass by tomorrow morning." Donghae explained to me and what he said made a furrow in my brows.


"What do you mean 'tomorrow morning' And is this really necessary?" Victoria held my arms and sighed, and started to explain to me the things I have to know.


"Krys did Amber told you what happened to Bryan before?" I nodded. "Bryan's accident happened after Jackie told her family that she is marrying Bryan and is giving up her rights. Like what Amber did today. Bryan was not protected then because who would have thought that a freak accident will happen to him that day? Jackie told me then to look after Bryan before it happened but he was persistent and said that nothing bad will happen."


"Wait... Look after? What do you mean look after?" The 4 guys looked amused at my reaction and Kyuhyun cleared his throat.


"Krys - if Kyuhyun has Amber, I have Jackie. I'm the female version of Kyuhyun here and I took care of Jackie since she was in high school. When she decided to get out of their family, their father Mr. Liu asked me to take care of her daughter and until now I'm doing it." She smiled at me brushing her hair to the back. "And I regret not doing my job back then because until now I think of what happened to Bryan was my fault. I didn't protect him like what Jackie asked me to do. So now we're going to do everything for that not to happen again. I don't want you to lose an arm too hehehe..." I cringe at what she said and unconsciously held my arms. That's pretty morbid.


Kangin held his earpiece and listened to whoever is on the end line. He said okay and looked at Kyuhyun "Ryeowook said he spotted a black van driving on the direction of the bistro and will be here any minute now. The steel doors are already secured outside so no one can penetrate this building. Fortress is already secured, Eunhyuk and Heechul are already positioned as snipers. And Siwon is at the roof of this fortress too. Just go down when you hear gun shots.."


"What the do you mean gun shots!!?" Sehun asked and we all were startled when we heard gun shots being fired outside the bistro. We all docked at the floor with Victoria and Kyuhyun beside me. The 4 guys already went out the bistro through the back door and I don't know what they are going to do.


I raised my head to check if anyone's okay and they are. Seulgi, Irene, Wendy are all in one spot together with Sehun and Minho. Byul has Solar beside her and Kyungsoo too, while Luna is being protected by Jonghyun. It was deafening, the gun fires are non stop like their going to finish all the bullets they have with them.


Is this the price of being in love with a Liu?


You're just in phase one Krystal. You haven't reach phase two and you're already doubting yourself...


Who says I doubt myself? Never! I love Amber and we'll get through this. It's just one hell of a night because of her Mom's tantrum.


A crazy, violent, and costly tantrum I might say.


Where are the police when you needed them?!


Oh yeah.... I'm so stupid really. They're untouchable no one can prosecute them.


A loud explosion was heard outside and the kids are shrieking. Vic motioned them to crouch and go to the office. Kyuhyun called Sehun and Minho and instructed them to go near the backdoor and guard it with their life. The three of them remaining secured the front which is the dining area. I feel like where in a war game right now.


All of us girls entered the office and locked the door inside. Explosions and guns being fired are still heard outside. Irene is being consoled by Wendy and Seulgi, she was crying afraid of all that is happening outside. Seulgi is covering her ears with her hands while Wendy rubs her back trying to calm her down. I went to my table and opened the drawer at the lowest part and I saw my ear muffs that I use for winter. I picked it up and walked to the three girls. Seulgi looked at me with worry in her eyes and I just nodded at her. She took out her hands on Irene's ears and I placed the mufflers on it.


Irene looked up at me teary eyed and I pity the kid. She was so afraid right now, and this is all because of a petty tantrum of that one hell of a mother who can't accept that her daughter doesn't want to do what she wants. I hugged her tightly letting her know that it's going to be alright and she hugged me back.


"We're going to get through this girls, trust me." I heard Vic said and I sighed. Her phone rang, she answered it and said yes on the person at the other line then looked at me "Hold on.." she walked up to me and passed the phone "Krys, someone wants to talk to you..." I placed the phone on my ears and I teared up when I heard who's on the line.

 

"Hey baby.... "


"WHAT THE HELL AMBER!!!! Where the are you now!!!?" I can't contain my emotions anymore and broke down. I don't wanna cry but all that's happening took a toll on me. I felt an arm around my shoulders and it was Luna consoling me.


"Krys don't cry... I'm already outside the bistro... They already stopped, I already talked to Mom and she ordered her men to withdraw. It's gonna be fine.."


"YOU BETTER BE SAYING THE TRUTH BECAUSE I'M GOING TO CASTRATE YOU IF YOU'RE LYING!!!!" I heard her chuckle amusely at what I said but I don't care!


"Krys.." Byul whispered to me "You can't CASTRATE her... you know... Nothing hanging in there.." she made a motion of her hands on her crotch and I wiped the tears with the back of my hands.


"Oh... Yeah... I forgot..." Stupid Krystal.


"Krys...."


"I'M GONNA CUT YOUR FINGERS ONE BY ONE TIL WHAT'S LEFT IS YOUR PINKY!!! I thought we're in a movie and being hunted by the government to purge!" What happened made me remember the movie we watched yesterday, all 3 installments of 'The Purge'. Those guys outside are trigger happy heads.


"Hush... I'm sorry for this Krys it won't happen again. Open up now, I'm outside the door.." with that I ran to the door opened it revealing Amber with a cut on her bottom lip and bad case of bloody nose. Kyuhyun was behind him and he also looked disheveled with the way his clothes appear. He has a cut on his eyebrows and blood was dripping from it. I lunged myself to her and hugged her tight crying in her arms.


"Eh... Can someone stitch up Kyuhyun-ssi?


We pulled them down at the couch while Seulgi ran to the kitchen to get the first aid box. We always keep it at the kitchen for emergency purposes especially when Sehun always cuts his finger. Luna attended on Kyuhyun-ssi while the other girls checked the boys outside.


I pulled my swivel chair and sat in front of her. I noticed a reddish hand mark on her left cheek, someone slapped her hard. I put on some antiseptic on a piece of cotton ball and started cleaning her face, dabbing it on her bloodied lip. She reached for my face with her left hand and brushed the tears that fell down on my cheek. I was crying while cleaning her wounds. She doesn't deserve this kind of treatment. She's the nicest person I know, why would they harm her?


Some of the blood from her nose are dried now so I cleaned it first with facial wipes then proceeded to dab with a cotton ball with antiseptic again. I hope it's not broken...


"Here.." Byul handed an ice pack and I placed it on Amber's reddened cheek to ease the pain. She might be fit and works out to keep in shape but she's still a girl. Her body isn't hard like the guys but she's good at martial arts. I held her right hand and she flinched, making me pull up the sleeves of her flannel shirt. My eyes turned wide at what I saw. It was red and bloodied too like someone stomped at it hard.


"Am! What happened to this?! We have to get you to the hospital fast! Some of your fingers might be broken for heaven's sake! What happened!?" I'm getting hysterical now with all of this mess. Her nose, her lips, now her hands! I searched her body for any further damage and I didn't saw any. But it's much better if she'll be treated in the hospital and take some x-ray. We'll never know if something is broken on her.


"Hush Krys... Don't worry I can still hold it. Mom tried to held me back at Busan but I fought with her guards. I love Mom but her slap is really earth shattering hard. I thought I'm gonna be deaf on my left ear." She joked at me but I know it hurts badly. Byul held a kitchen towel with ice and placed Amber's hand inside it. "Hey Am, you made my friend worry a lot today. I'm gonna kill you for that."


She scratched her neck shyly and smiled at me "I'm sorry Krys.. I didn't know it will be like this. Mom was so devastated at me that's why she slapped me before Dad and I had a chance to go to the helipad. She said that she doesn't wanna see me again and will do everything to make my life miserable. I can't believe I heard that from Mom." There was sadness in her eyes and I know why. She loves her mom dearly and hearing those words from someone you love is like stabbing your heart with a dagger repeatedly. Like what I felt when my own mother denied me.


I stood up in front of her and pulled her head, her face resting on my belly and gave her a comforting hug. I know she's trying to be strong in front of me but right now I'll be the one to do it for her. I'll be her rock to held her up when she seems to fall down. A few moments, her shoulders started to shake and I hear muffled sobs from her. She buried her face in my shirt and just cried, releasing all the pent up emotions she has been feeling inside from the moment she faced her family this morning.


Luna, Byul, and Kyuhyun-ssi left us alone in the office with him patting Amber's head and smiled sadly at me. I never seen Amber like this before.... So vulnerable and broken. My eyes started to water again seeing her like this. My Amber breaking down .... And maybe I'm at fault too. Because I came to her life... If there's something we have in common, it's having some pretty ed up mothers.


I can't help it anymore and my sobs came rocking me too, my head's down. Amber looked up to me and pulled me to her making me sit on her lap and whispered to me "I love you Krys, we can do this together..."


I cupped her cheeks and kissed the cut on her lips hoping that the pain will go away with just a simple kiss.


"We will. I love you too Am..."


We held each other and let one another feel that whatever happens, we're in this together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------

Amber's mom has some major anger management issues. Sending an armed batallion to scare Krys and the gang like that!