Kimchi - 34

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Hey guys! Update for all of you! 

I just had my 1000th subscriber today and it's so cool knowing that a lot of people actually is reading my stories. Thank you so much ! 

------------

 

 

 

Amber's POV


"Amber, can you pass me the plates please? The eggs are almost done." Krystal was busy doing her thing in the kitchen and all I do is stare at her while I sit on the counter. She's so serious yet so damn y whenever she's on her Chef mode. Considering it's just scrambled egg.

 

 


And I'm sooo hungry.... Tired.... Spent.... Used....

 

 


"Amber!!" She hissed at me while snapping her fingers in my face that made me broke from my stupid staring. "Baby i need the plates you're holding."


"Sorry..." I passed the plates to her and she received it smiling sweetly at me.


That sweet smile re-charge me a little. I'm not too tired anymore, just hungry because my energy is drained by a certain someone who didn't stop until our sheets are drenched in sweat and other fluids that made me call the maids and bring fresh sheets.


Ugggghn! I should have said lunch or dinner to Mom and stayed in our room longer with my Soojung. We could have completed our very own version of 'exercise program'.


After putting a portion of scrambled egg on each plates, she started to do my favorite. "Baby I'll just cook your sunny side up. You can arrange the food now, and turn on the coffee maker, please? Love you!" How can she be so energetic this morning? Like she didn't drain the hell of energy out of me!?


Like a good girlfriend that I am, I plated the food while the coffee is brewing. She made perfect pancakes and crunchy bacon the way Mom likes it. Then I dumped a piece of sausage and hash brown on it. There! It's not that bad at all! I'm a good sous chef.


She finished cooking my sunny side up and gave my plate to me smiling "I got you two eggs, I know you're hungry... How many pancakes do you want? Why do you sound like that Amber? You sound so tired~." That is a looot of questions. Huh! That smirk on the side of says it all. The nerve of this girl to tease me! As if she didn't remember what she has done to me!


"I want a LOT of food right now! I'm so hungry Soojungie~ can we eat now?"


"Fine.." she leaned on me and gave me a lingering kiss. "Still tired? Want to sleep-in the whole day Am?"


"That's actually the plan for today.. are you up for it? Or you want to spend some time with Grandma and maybe Mom?" She look into my eyes thinking of what she will choose. "Nah... I'll spend it with you. It's not everyday that we can stay in bed all day, we'll be back at Seoul in 3 days so better make the most of our vacation. I wanna sleep all day I'm tired too." She pouted at me shamelessly making me chuckle. She doesn't even look tired in front of me now!


I scoffed at her incredulously "Tired.. that's your definition of tired?! You're bouncing around the kitchen full of energy Soojungie. While I'm here feeling used and spent. My mind still on hang from what happened earlier. You bewitched me.."


A small smile tugged at her lips hugging me "Aigooo.... My baby is whining.... Tell you, after breakfast we'll excuse ourselves and snuggle all day in our room. I'll be the big spoon while sleeping. Okay?"


I nodded at her and buried my face on her hair. "Can we get married a month after Uncle Tae and Aunt Jessi's wedding? Or is it too early?"


Soojung tightened her arms on my waist, her answer hanging on the air. Did she changed her mind and doesn't want to marry me anymore?!


"Am... Baby.. I think we should--"


The helper informed us that the elders will be arriving any minute that's why we broke our intimate moment and I smiled at her. I asked the helper to bring out the 3 plates for the elders and Soojung brought out our plates while I held the pot of coffee.


Silly Amber. Why would she change her mind? You know how Soojung loves you don't you ever doubt that. Maybe she just wanted a long engagement. And may I remind you that you still don't have a ring!!


!!! That's right! How can I discuss marriage like that with her when I haven't given her a ring. Those loop earring is not enough and silly too. Of course she's a girl, she still needs affirmation about our engagement.

 

 


----------

 


"Can we get married a month after Uncle Tae and Aunt Jessi's wedding? Or is it too early?" I pondered on what she said and I asked myself, can I still wait until the wedding is over? I'm actually against a long engagement and I'll definitely grab the chance to marry her earlier than that.


I want to have a family with her while we're both young. I know it's too fast, we have that whirlwind kind of love but ever since we met at New York years ago I knew this person I'm hugging tight now is the one I want to spend my life with. We wasted 7 years of missing each other, I don't want to wait too long just because we have to wait for Dad to get married first.


I want it much earlier than we have planned. We have to talk to Dad about it when we get home in Seoul. I have to ask her Mom's permission about marrying her daughter immediately. I'll marry her daughter even if she doesn't like me.


"Am... Baby.. I think we should--"


Damn. Of all the time they have to enter, they chose this time. The helper entered the kitchen and informed us that the elders will be arriving any minute that's why we broke our intimate moment. She smiled at me but it didn't even reached her eyes.


Wait a minute.. I know you Amber Liu. So stupid, really.


She asked the helper to bring out the 3 plates for the elders and I held on to our plates while she held the pot of coffee and I followed her out of the kitchen. Before she step out I called her making her turn back to me.


"Hey punk...."


"Hmmmm... Yes?"


Stopping in front of her, I leaned on to her and kiss her slowly letting her know that I love her with all my heart. I broke the kiss and smiled at her brightly.

 

 


"Let's get married next month."

 


-----------

 


"Jjinja!? Next-- Hmmmp!" Soojung silenced me with her lips, kissing me again. She broke the kiss leaving me at the kitchen door smiling like a fool inlove.


Time to tell the elders about it! Before she change her mind and make it next year, that's not gonna happen! I hurriedly followed her in the dining area and saw her greeting Dad and surprisingly, Mom greeting her too.


It was a different kind of breakfast compared to yesterday. I can see that Mom is trying her best and to see her smile and commend Soojung on preparing the meal, thanking her, is good enough for me to be happy. They are now happily chatting with Grandma while Dad gobble down his pancakes listening to them talk about me and my shoe addiction.


"You wouldn't believe it Mrs. Liu but her shoe closet is already full it's going to burst open soon! She shamelessly pouted to Grandma yesterday to buy her a new one. Now we have to buy a new closet for it."


"Soojungie it's just a few pairs.."


"Am, 50 pairs is not few.." she rolled her eyes to me dramatically making me chuckle. That epic eye roll again.


"It's just the same with your skinny pants Soojungie, plus your shirts and button downs. She has her clothes arranged by color Mom! Talk about being an OC.." I snorted at her jokingly earning a slap on my arms from her because Grandma and Mom laughed softly at her. A faint blush appeared on her cheeks making her cute.


"Do you want your kids to see your Jordan's in the near future or do you want me to sell and never see it again!?"


We heard Mom clearing making us stop on our bickering. She took a sip of her coffee eyeing us two.


"Amber.. you said that the two of you are engaged. I don't see any ring on Soojung's finger.."


"Well I..."


"Errrr...This is our engagement jewelry Mrs. Liu.." Soojung pointed at the black loop on her ears grinning at Mom. I scratched my neck in embarassment, Grandma and Mom were looking at me like I did the stupidest thing in the world.


Soojung saved me by butting in "We are gonna buy a ring don't worry, it's just that we bought the SUV first Grandma, Mrs. Liu.. "


I saw the two elders looked at each other with a smile. Mom slided a small velvet box in front of us, making me and Soojung stare at her with wonder in our eyes.


"Take it.. come on."


I took the box and showed it to Soojung. We all know what velvet boxes usually store inside. But still, we want to confirm if what we were thinking is right. She nodded at me telling to open it, then our eyes went wide with what we saw.


It was a beautiful silver diamond ring. It has a princess cut diamond on the middle then studded with small diamonds on the sides of the band. It was fit for a Princess. It was fit for my Princess.


"M-mom when did you buy t-this?"


I turned to them and I saw Mom looking at Dad urging him to speak. Dad looked at me and Soojung with a shy smile on his face. "It's actually our engagement ring when I proposed to your Mom. I told her before that if ever that we will have a son, our son will inherit the ring and give it to his fiancee on their engagement. You know, like a family heirloom that can be passed on generations."


"When I got pregnant with Amber we thought the baby was a boy because it's what the ultrasound said so. The baby came out and we have Amber here now.." I heard Soojung controlling her laughter upon hearing what my Mom said. "I decided to just keep it until we have a male heir."


"But I'm not a boy Mom. You can give it to baby Patrick when he grows up."


"No, it's been decided Amber. You don't have to be a male to inherit it, and you can give it to Soojung now. Just promise us that when the time comes and you'll have a son, give it to him for his future fiancee." She turned to my girlfriend who is now giggling beside me because of the secret my Mom said. Maybe the ultrasound those days at Cedar Sinai are defective. "Soojung, can you promise that?"


"Y-yes Mrs. Liu, Papa Liu we will do as you say. I would also like to ask your permission.." Soojung looked at me for a while and I can see the twinkle in her eyes when she faced Mom and Dad and also Grandma. "If it's okay with you, can we get married next month? We--.. well I, decided that I want to marry your daughter Amber next month. Ummm... Please.. let us?" She left the last words as a question to the 3 elders but I know even though they say no, we are still going to tie the knot even if we do it in Vegas.


There was momentary silence in the air... I bit my lips in anticipation on what they will say especially Mom. Soojung is clenching my clammy hands hard her nail digging on my palm. My girlfriend just asked permission to my parents to marry me. I should be the one doing it for her and not the other way around. But of course, knowing Jung Soojung - I can't be surprise.


Mom placed her empty coffee cup on the saucer while eyeing us two. Is she thinking of something undesirable again?!

 


"So it's a yes Mrs. Liu?"