Basil - 10

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Hi guys! Don't kill me, here's the 2nd update! ✌

------------

Erratum: I changed Krystal's dad to Taeyeon and took out Siwon. My apologies. 

 

--------------

 


Krystal's POV


I was suppose to join the staff for lunch and the meeting too but Dad told me to meet them at our house because there's an emergency with Aunt Jessi. I called Victoria and explained the situation and she said the meeting is just to introduce Jackie's sister, Amber to all of us. I told her I'm just gonna prepare a welcome feast tonight and say my apologies to her. I went out at the back door of the bistro where my scooter is parked and drove my Vespa towards our house.


Well, what do you know! It's not really an emergency, it was an announcement. Aunt Jessi is already 2 months pregnant! Dad and Aunt Jessi is so happy and I'm happy for them too. I'm glad Dad already got over his ex-wife and met this wonderful woman who cares and loves him so much. Aunt Jessi said Dad was just overeacting when he told me it was an emergency, she already smack his head earlier.


We ate lunch together with Aunt Jessi preparing Bulgogi for me. Finally! A non-Italian dish! I missed Aunt Jessi's cooking so much I ate a lot. Dad was pouting like a kid when his share of the Bulgogi was smaller than I have. Sorry Dad, my future step-mom loves me too much!


We talked about the pregnancy and the wedding which will happen a few months after she gives birth. Seems all things are falling into their right places, except one.


I stayed until before 6:00 pm and said my goodbyes telling them I'm needed at the bistro by that time. I promised Aunt Jessi to visit her often in the house or maybe in her office and she happily agreed. My Dad walked me to my scooter and placed the helmet on my head like when I was a kid and he's teaching me how to bike.


"Dad! I'm not a kid anymore!" I whined at him but he knows I like it when he baby me.


"For me Soojung, you still are. Any news about your life? Boyfriend?" I shook my head at the last question. "Err.. girlfriend perhaps? Wait... Are you still a ?" He jokingly said and I just laughed at him blushing madly at my father's last question. They actually know about my ual preference and I'm glad he and Aunt Jessi accepted me.


"DAD!!! That is none of your business! Oh My God! Aunt Jessi!!" I yelled outside hoping that Aunt Jessi will hear me but I think she's already inside their room.


"Okay, okay! I get it, your not a anymore no need to call Jessi. She'll smack me in the head if she heard me asking you that. Sorry baby... "


"I'm already 25 Dad... And I'm going to be an Unnie or Noona after 7 months can you believe that? Take care of Aunt Jessi dad, don't let her go." I smiled at him and gave him a tight hug. My Dad is still handsome even at his 40s.


"Daddy loves you, remember that Soojung."


"Love you too Dad.."


"By the way, what age did you do it?" He suddenly asked and I don't know why I answered him.


"I was 18 Dad....." My eyes went wide and broke my hug with him. My Dad was smiling mischievously at me teasing me. "OH MY GOD!!!"


"JESSI!!! I WON! GIVE ME MY PRIZE!" my Dad yelled and Aunt Jessi went out her hiding place shaking her head.


"Seriously Taeyeon, you're such a kid. Forgive your father Soojung, he forgot to drink his medicine." Aunt Jessi said joking while my Dad hugs her from behind.


I can't believe it! Dad tricked me!


I blew a kiss to her and rolled my eyes to my Dad who is smiling smugly at me. Tsss...


I started the engine and drove myself to the bistro and reached it before 6:00 pm. Guests are already lining up outside and I saw my staff all ready and prepared for the dinner hour. Byul saw me and I mouthed a 'Thank you' to her and proceeded to our office to get change. No one was there when I entered so I wore my chef's uniform and went out clutching my apron.


It's going to be a busy night.

 

 

 


Byul told me Jackie's sister is very nice and cool too. And what Luna said earlier, handsome too. She was the mystery VIP that they were all talking about and I was laughing non-stop when they told me how they asked her a lot of questions that the poor girl just scratched her neck out of embarassment. I didn't see her when I arrived because she has to go somewhere and will be back by closing time.


I told her about the emergency thing that Dad pulled on me and about Aunt Jessi's pregnancy. We are already preparing the food for the feast that I promised for tonight and I didn't forget the Pesto because they said she requested it. Looks like they are already friends with her in just a few hours of meeting. That's great, it will be easy to work with her.


"Hey Krys, just want to ask you something." Byul said while chopping some onions. I answered without looking at her.


"Sure, what is it?"


"About 'New York', what if she's already married or in a relationship. Are you willing to try being with someone?" We call my Llama 'New York' because Llama is a bit obvious.


Hmmmm... Yeah, What to do about it Krystal?


I smiled and joked at her "Why not? If there's someone you'll introduce to me after that, I'll try to date him or her and see where it leads us."


"tard, you don't even know how to date." She snickered at me.


"Excuse me! I know how to date! Give me one and I'll try to have one date with whoever you want."


"Nah. I'm just kidding!" She laughed at me and we continued to cook. There was a comfortable silence between us and we jokingly bump each other while cooking.


After a few minutes she called me again. "Hey Krys, you know Amber is cool."


"Really?" I asked her while stirring the sauce and adding some salt and pepper.


"She's quite a joker too and easy to be with. She said she likes to travel, and she also studied in Cambridge."


"Yeah, Jackie told us."


"She's nice too and she looks good. "


"Spill it out Byul. What do you want to say?"


"What if she will ask you for a date? Would you say yes?" I looked at her incredulously and she just shrugged her shoulders.


"Byul!!!"


"I know, I know. It's a bit early for that but I think you'll like her. I just think you will click, I can feel it!"


"When did you become a matchmaker Moon Byulyi? And besides, what if I'm not her type? And she's Jackie's sister so that will be awkward." I told her while finishing the food I'm cooking.


"I just want you to be happy Krys.."


"I know... And I want you to be happy too so why don't you give Solar a chance? It's not like you're going to get married! Just one date and if you two are not really for each other, just remain friends. "


She sighed and took a peak at Solar who is laughing with Sehun and Kyungsoo while they play at the corner. Seulgi's pizzas are already done and the three of them encircled it trying to get their hands on the food but Seulgi swatted them away.


"We're an odd team, aren't we?" Byul said and we shared a laugh. We may be odd but these guys are one of a kind.


"We are but I wouldn't trade you all for anyone else. You're all the best I got!"


"Yeah!!! Fist bump!" We made a fist bump and dissolve to laughter. Luna came in and saw us all and shook her head jokingly.


"You are all weird. Come on! We're starving! And Amber's arriving anytime now so please get the hell out of here and bring out the food!!"


"Lun we just finished! Just bring this out now.." I motioned on the food I placed on the counter. Minho suddenly entered and saw the food and smiled at me widely with his dimples popping out. The douche bag is here.


"Hey Chef! How are you? Looking good all the time.." Luna comically rolled her eyes at me and I stopped myself from laughing. Minho has been bugging me to go out with him but I always decline him. First, Luna likes him and I don't want to be hated by my friend and second, I don't like him and you know the reason why.


"Hey Minho.... Still gonna say No and I'm gay so, not interested to go out with you." I smiled at him but I think it doesn't even reach my eyes. He's really persistent and I don't like him because he thought he can charm his way to every girls heart by just showing his dimples.


Hoots can be heard in the kitchen and it was Seulgi, Sehun, Kyungsoo, and Solar watching the exchange. I raised my eyebrows at them and they all broke apart bringing the food outside. Minho was still with us and still alive, and Luna snatching some cheese on the rack pretending to busy herself but I know she's hurting inside.


Minho grabbed one of the dishes and smiled at me like I just told him the latest joke to hit the streets. "You're not gay, you just don't like me. Why don't you try me and maybe I can change your mind? "


Byul snickered and bit her lips controlling her laughter. Very persistent Minho we have here now. He just really can't accept No. Good thing Victoria entered the kitchen and by the looks of it she's looking for this persistent frog in front of us. She made her way and pulled Minho's ears making the guy whimper.


"Hey lover boy, don't bother them here! I asked you to get the food and what are you doing here? Trying to get an imaginary date? Out, now!" Victoria hissed at him and he instantly obeyed her and went out the kitchen looking like a kid being scolded by her mom. Luna purse her lips and sighed.


"I don't like him anymore! I'll just look for another guy. Anyway, let's go I'm hungry~" she said in a sing songy voice making us laugh.


"Amber's near so go out now. I'm hungry too~" Victoria said rubbing her belly.


"You all go out first, I'll just go to the office to change. I spilt something in my uniform a while ago. Reserve my seat!" The 3 of them nodded and went out the kitchen while I ran to the office and rummage in my overnight bag for a fresh T-shirt. I found a white V-neck and settled for it tucking only the front.


Grabbing my hygiene pouch, I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and gargled. Then washed my face thoroughly just to get the oils and smell of the kitchen off my face. I sprayed some scented mist on my hair and let it fall down on my shoulders. I went back to my table and carefully applied some lip tint just to make my lips appear lively. I don't wear lipstick all the time, just a lip tint is enough. I chuckled to myself at the small mirror on my desk.


I look like a teenager getting ready for my boyfriend to pick me up. And why am I fixing myself like this?


So you'll look presentable to Jackie's sister. First impressions last.


And why am I nervous right now?


Afraid she's gonna eat you alive?


I shook the thoughts out of my head and went outside the office holding my phone. Dad has 2 messages just asking how I am and saying sorry for the prank this afternoon. Aunt Jessi has one message telling me to eat dinner and rest early. I typed a quick reply to Dad and entered the dining area.


I didn't know they were all looking at me and just saw it when I raised my head from my phone. They look stupid gawking at me. I raised my right eyebrow at them and scoffed.


"What? Is there something on my face?"


"Chef! You look like you're going to a date in Han river tonight. You look gorgeous!" Wendy exclaimed to me.


"I only changed my shirt! Don't exaggerate guys. Go eat now, the food might turn cold. I'm just going to reply on this message.." I took a seat at an empty table and typed a message to Aunt Jessi telling her that I'm still at work and will do what she said. She replied immediately and said that I should take my vitamins. I really love this woman now!


The door of the bistro chimed indicating someone's entering the door but I can't see who it is because my back is facing it. And I'm still busy typing but from what they are shouting it might be Jackie's sister.


"Hey Amber! Come on the food's gonna get cold! Chef Krystal and her staff prepared all of these!" Luna exclaimed to the new comer.


Just a little bit more typing of message and I'm done.


"By the way, this is Chef Krystal Jung." I heard Victoria told her and I stood up from my seat facing her still typing on my phone. Once I tapped 'sent', I looked up at the newcomer with a smile on my face and I froze.

 

 

 

 

 


Our eyes met and I can't believe it. It might have been 7 years but her eyes still show the same warmth I saw in her before.

 

 

 

 


Oh God.

 

 

 

 


This is just a dream.

 

 

 

 


Am I dreaming right now or this is real!?

 

 

 

 


This person is really here in front of me and is now striding to get to me. I felt tears pooling in my eyes and next thing I knew, her soft lips that I've been dreaming to taste again for the past 7 years came crashing into mine that I automatically cling my arms to her neck and receive that kiss I asked for a long time ago. Never minding that I dropped my phone on the floor. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Byul's POV

 

We were all in shock and awe in what is happening in front of our eyes right now. Amber's face was in shock when she saw Krys and it changed to longing while going to her and what do we have here! She's kissing her right now! Kissing. They are kissing. Passionately with all the hair rubbing thing and heads moving. It's like watching a romantic film where the two leads met again after such a long time.


Are we in some kind of a reality show? Any cameras hiding?


Krys is also kissing her back and from the looks of it, they missed each other so much judging by the way Krys clings on Amber's neck. Like there's no one else in the room with them and waiting to eat dinner?


Then it dawned on me. I think this is NEW YORK!


"Hey Byul unnie, is this the normal welcome greeting in Italy?" Seulgi asked me while still watching the two.


I shook my head and popped an olive on my mouth. "That is not a normal welcome greeting kid. That's something only them can pull out all of a sudden."


"Do you think they're still breathing?" Kyungsoo butted in also watching while drinking water.


Luna came from my back and placed her chin on my shoulders also watching the scene in front of us "I think they still are breathing. Byul, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"


I nodded at her and watched as they broke the kiss still panting while Amber cupped Krys face with her two hands tears visible on her face. I can hear Krys sobbing softly and Amber crying and smiling at the same time. Finally! 

 

"No need for us to be matchmakers Lun, they already know each other. As in know about each other maybe." 


Victoria cleared that made the two turn to her, Krys brushing aside the tears on her face with the palm of her hands while Amber placed her arm on Krys' back and smiled shyly at Victoria.


"Sorry guys, ah... Let's eat." Amber said and waved her hands urging us to eat. All of us look to each other and dig in on the food served in the table.

 

 

 

Amber's POV

 


I can't ing believe this! She was here all along working for Jackie! Stupid Amber for not looking thoroughly!


After telling our 'audience' to start eating, I pulled her near the bar and hughed her tightly. Filling in all the years I didn't had the chance of enveloping her in my arms. She hugged me back and burried her face in my shirt and I heard her chuckle.


"What?~" I asked her and she tilted her head to me smiling. I missed that smile badly and gave her a peck on her lips.


"You're here.... I just can't believe it.... "


"Maybe we can start by giving our names.."


"That's a bright idea you have there.." she grinned at me making me kiss her nose. She's still the same girl I met.


I leaned on her ears and whispered "I'm Amber Josephine Liu... Nice to meet you."


"I'm Chef Krystal Jung Soojung... Remember that Amber Liu." She whispered back to my ears and looked at me again giving me her most beautiful smile.

 

 

 

 

---------

I made a few edits that's why. I hope you liked this update. 

See you again for the next update! 

Ciao! ✌ 😏