Hotdogs - 24

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

A/N: Second update for tonight and I'll see you tomorrow!

Ciao! ✌

 

-------------

 

 

 

Krystal's POV

 


I've been calling Byul three times now but I think she's not hearing me. She's out of herself again, staring in space or forgetting to turn off the stove that Solar has to turn it off for her before it burns her hands. She blushed in front of Solar and murmured something that even the girl didn't hear and looked at me puzzled.


This is getting out of control. I thought she already sorted it out and came at peace with it. But why is she like this? Did something happened?


Lunch hour ended and I asked Kyungsoo to prepare the food for our lunch. I pulled Byul to go outside at the back alley and gave her a bottle of beer. She looked at me like I grew another head but I just raised my eyebrow on her.


"So... Care to tell me why are you acting like that Moon Byul? You're not yourself today.. And this is the only time I can share a drink with you because Amber grounded me."


She gave me a confused look and I sigh "Remember our drunk adventure nights ago? She was mad at me for being too drunk that night and scolded me because she thought I'm gonna do drunk driving. My fiancée didn't talk to me for a whole day because of that and punished me. 'Superllama' broke Dad's couch while I'm making up to her because of my stubbornness..."


Her expression changed to gladness "FIANCÉE?! She proposed to you! Oh my God Krys! Where's the ring?! And by the way, you were really gonna drink and drive that day dummy." I slapped her thighs and I touched the black loop earrings on my left ear indicating that it's the engagement jewelry but I think she didn't get it because she was looking on my hands. "There's nothing on your hands."


"Dummy... It's the earring.. That's our engagement thingy." I proudly told her.


She gave me a 'I-can't-believe-this' look and snorted in laughter. Wae... I'm actually liking the earring and it's Amber's. It's like sharing something intimate with each other like sharing clothes and things.


"And here I thought it was your latest fashion statement wearing that on your ears. I heard Kyungsoo and Sehun talking about getting one for them. No diamond ring as of now?"


"Well... Instead of a diamond ring we bought the Rover months ago hehehe...."


"What!!!! You chose the Rover over a diamond ring? Are you really my friend?" I slap her arms and took a swig of my beer.


"Amber's going to buy a ring sooner or later don't worry. It's just that I told her the earrings are more than enough right now. She felt bad about not being ready when she proposed to me but I told her it's okay. Her sincere words are enough to make me feel how she loves me and her desire to be with me for infinity." Byul shook her head smiling widely at me and brought the bottle of beer to .


"You know, I admire you and Amber. You're too honest with each other and your feelings. The two of you are open with each other and not afraid to show your love in front of other people not minding what they'll say."


"Why would we mind what other people will say? We love each other and love is a universal thing. Romantic Love isn't restricted for a man and woman only. It can be between both men or for our example both women. Why restrict yourself if what you feel for that person is strong and pure. Why fool yourself if all it will bring you is unhappiness." Byul looked at me with an expression like she's digesting what I said.


"Am I a fool for not telling her what I really feel?" She suddenly asked dropping her head down. This is Byul's one weakness - not telling anyone what she really feels. Even though she's hurt, suffering, whatever it is. She doesn't want people to know that she has those fears.


"Yes, you are my friend. Solar has sincere feelings for you, and I noticed for the past few weeks that it seems you're giving her a chance. But you're confusing her you know. She asked me this morning if you're okay because you didn't even spare a glance at her. Not like yesterday when you're all over her."


I heard a sob from her and hugged her at her sides. "Do you like her?"


"Yes I do! I do like her. Heck! I think I've fallen for that Kim Yongsun!" She blurted out that I chuckled at how loud it is.


"Then what are you afraid of!? Tell her how you feel! Every second counts Moon Byul. You'll never know, someone might get her attention or she might change her mind and just continue being friends with you because you are too stupid to admit that you've fallen for her. This is your second chance in happiness, and she's offering it to you ever since. You just have to grab it Byul."


"But what if I fail again? What if after a few months of being together she'll leave me too? What if she gives up on me? What if--""


"Why don't you try it first before you expect? Life is too short to waste on asking 'What if's' Byul. It's your call, it's now or never. This is for your happiness." I finished my bottle and dumped it at the trash bin and went back to her. I patted her head like a kid and she pouted. "I'll go first Byul, my Amber might be waiting for me now. I hope when you enter that door, you already had the courage to face your happiness."


I left her drinking her beer and went inside the bistro. Kyungsoo and Sehun are already serving the food and I saw Amber entering the kitchen with a bright smile on her face when she saw me.


"Hey Chef, wanna have lunch with me?" She said teasing me.


I made a disapproving look at her jokingly "Nah.... My girlfriend is waiting for me. Sorry!"


"Come on Chef! It's just lunch... She won't mind." She said winking at me that made me giggled like a teenager. I'm so easy, damn Amber what did you do to me?!


"Nope. Sorry~" I went passed her and stopped flipping my hair making it slap on her face, some strands went inside and ran to the dining area not waiting to be scolded again. "Ooopps!!"

 

"Jung Soojung!!! No driving for you later! I'll take charge on the wheels you woman! You'll pay for that later!" I heard her shout from the kitchen while trying to follow me and taking out a strand of my long hair on .


"Oh no you don't, we're going to Jackie's house tonight so no hanky panky stupid! You're sister is due to give birth too anytime now. Then tomorrow back to Dad and Aunt Jessi. We still have to fix Dad's couch before he kills us, remember?."


"But--"


"We broke it, we fix it. We don't fix it, we die together. Little Yoona and Seohyun won't see their Soojung unnie and their future sister in law alive. Please, Am?"


"Okayyyy... We'll fix it. Palli, let's eat!" We joined the others on the table and sat down beside the now very out couple Luna and Jonghyun while we dig in to Kyungsoo and Sehun's prepared feast of Lasagna, Garlic bread, and Tiramisu. These guys are really the best.


Byul joined us and I saw her walking to the direction where Solar is seating and sat on the vacant seat beside her. Solar turned to her and smiled, offering her some Garlic bread on the bread basket. I nudged Amber and pointed my puckered lips to the two.


"Krys you know everytime you do that pointing I always thought you want a kiss. What now? " She continued on eating her pasta.


"I think Byul will make it official now." I whispered to her which Luna who is also beside me heard.


"Who will make it official?!" She hissed quietly to me while eyeing the two in front of us. Byul was smiling and placed a portion of Lasagna on Solar's plate that it made her look at Byul with questions on her face.


Victoria butted in and hissed at us too "Well it's a long time coming and we've been waiting for it to happen! Solar has been courting her for a long time, Byul must have realize it now."


"She was really obvious at the cinema when we watched 'Train to Busan'.. "


"Or more of you all watched me and Jjong.." Luna snickered at me and Vic while we grin guiltily.


"Remember the Teddy bear she won on the arcade Vic?" I asked.


"Yeah, what about it?"


"She gave it to Solar when we dropped Solar off to her house. She shove the bear and I hear her quote and quote , 'Take this, I won this because I thought it's cute but now I don't like it. Just keep it, it's too big on my apartment.' and walked away from Solar then entered my car."


"Pffft.... That's smooth.." Amber chuckled and called Byul. "Hey Byul!"


Byul turned to us with a small smile on her face chewing her Garlic bread. "What now Amber?! I ain't paying for that couch you broke at Atty. Jung's house!"


Oh crap... Amber was staring at me wide eyed like asking me 'how-the-hell-did-she-knew-about-it' that I only smiled at her sweetly clenching my teeth and glared at Byul who is smiling smugly at me.


"What about the couch?" Seulgi asked interestedly joining our conversation.


"She thought she was Superllama..."


"Just kiss Solar now and ask her to be your girlfriend for heaven's sake!"


"W-w-well I-i-i uhhh..." Byul was so shy that she rubbed her neck. Solar was so red even her ears are blushing.


"Do it Byul or I'll snatch Solar away from you." Minho jokingly threatened her that earned a smack on his head from Victoria.


"I-i-i-i uh... eh.." How can she stutter like this now!? I wanna pull my hair in frustration.


"Say it!"


"What the f**k Byul say it or else.."


"Go Byul!"

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Guys..." We heard Solar's low voice and we all shut up and looked at her. "Don't pester Byul like that... Look, we're friends and that's all. Don't push her to me it's making her uncomfortable. Let's stop this now, okay?"


Solar had this smile on her face like she's showing everyone that she's okay about it but her eyes say a different emotion. Amber and I looked at each other knowing that she saw it too.


"Yeah, stop it.. it's a-annoying." When Byul said it, Solar's face fell and continued on eating her food looking away. "But... I don't want to be your friend."


"W-what?" She looked incredulously at Byul and we did too.


Is this the end for them?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"I said, I don't want to be your friend. B-because I-i wantyoutobemygirlfriend!" Byul said those words too fast that we were just gawking at her face incredulously not really hearing what she said.

 


"Human words please Byul.."

 


"We don't talk elfish.."

 


"The hell with you guys!" She turned to Solar and grabbed the shoulders of the girl who is still in state of shock and told her the words she's been dying to hear.

 


"I said, I don't want to be your friend because I want you to be my GIRLFRIEND KIM YONGSUN! I'm stupid, vulnerable, and has low self-esteem after what I experienced in my failed relationship. So if you still like me, take me. If not, it's okay you can find someone new. So, what do you say? Take it or leave it!?"


"A-are you confessing or threatening me Moon Byul?"


"Both..."


We were all cheering loudly when Solar suddenly crashed her lips to Byul shocking her. But after a while she answered the kiss of Solar and they smiled at each other after they broke the kiss.


"Finally! Now we can eat peacefully!" Victoria clapped her hands while saying her piece. We all continued our lunch and I looked at my best friend seeing the two of them with a happy smile on their faces. Amber held my hand and she whispered at me.

 


"This is you're doing, right?"


"A little Am... But it's still Byul's decision. I just nudged her a bit."


"You're an amazing friend, do you know that?"


"I know, 'Superllama'.."


"Oh... You 'Catwoman'.." Amber said teasing me.


"Beat it. Nothing tonight, remember that. We're in preggy watch later tonight."


"Okayyyy. As you say so." She pouted her lips at me like a kid that I chuckled amusely at her face. So cute llama.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No One's POV

 

"She's so beautiful isn't she?" The short woman on the passenger sit said while she observes the girl inside the bistro. The girl was laughing at what the 'guy' whispered to her. 

 

The beautiful lady at the backseat looked longingly at the smiling girl watching every move it makes. Recording in her memory these precious things she sees.


How she misses that smile and her voice. She misses the hugs she always receive way back when the girl was still a kid, excited to see her. How the little girl smiles at her and gives her kisses, how she calls her Mommy.


She smiles at the happy, precious, memory. How she wish she can turn back time and go back to that fateful day at the mall when they last met. How she wish she can take back the words she said.


"It isn't too late, you know. You can still fix this."


Oh how she wish that it can easily be fixed with just a simple gift or a simple sorry. But she knows it's not that easy. Up to this day she still punish herself for hurting the most precious gem in her life.


The beautiful girl in the bistro turned to the 'guy' beside her and she saw them shared an intimate look."She looks so happy and contented on her life, I think she doesn't need me anymore.."


"You're still her mother, you gave birth to her."


The 'guy' reached for the girl's hair and fixed it into a ponytail then gave a chaste kiss on the girl's lips giving the guy an eyesmile similar to the woman who gave birth to her. "I'm proud of her no matter what.."

 

"Then tell it to her personally.. It might not be too late..." the short girl looked at the beautiful lady at the back and gave her a comforting smile.

 

 


The beautiful lady just sighed and gave her friend an eyesmile.

 

 


"I hope so too.. I hope so."

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------

Is your guess right? .😏