Kimchi - 42 (Last Chapter)

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

 

 

 

Amber's POV

 


Uggghhhh... Damn it.. My head hurts.


I opened my eyes and was welcomed with darkness. My eyes still adjusting to the dark.


Where am I?


Am I dead?!!?


What the hell!!!!


I can't be dead!!!


I have to have kids first!

 

Once my eyes had adjusted it became clear to me. I'm inside our hotel room, God thank you!


Touching my head, I felt a Band-Aid taped on the upper right side of my forehead. So I only managed to get a scratch from the gunshot?


There's something heavy pinning me and when I looked down, it was Krys sleeping beside me. Actually, over me that's why it was heavy. Her head resting on my chest over my heart.


. I thought I'm dead. That ahjussi sure scared me by shooting me in the head.


But what happened? I completely out when he shot me. Did he missed? Is he still alive?


Whatever happened I'm sure Krys will tell me once she wakes up later. I peeked inside the blanket seeing that she has changed me in my boxers and singlet. She's also wearing her, well actually mine, shirt and pajama bottoms.


Thank heavens nothing bad happened to my wife. I hope Mom and Dad is okay too. I'll check on them later in the morning.


How did this woman came out with that kind of plan?! It was well coordinated... Did Victoria taught her or Grandma?! They seem to know what Uncle will do, except when he actually shoot me and not Mom. We all thought it was Mom he's going to shoot that's why Dad was ready to cover her.


I didn't expect him to turn to me and pull the trigger. Now I know why I'm still alive.


Maybe Kyuhyun-ssi loaded blank bullets on his gun. He knew Uncle will do it, he knew the oldman is not afraid to pull the trigger. That's why he loaded blank ones. I got to live another day and wake up beside this Goddess above me. Snoring. Hahaha!


My hand travelled on the top of her hair it. Tomorrow, we'll be going to the fertility clinic to check if the pairing is a success. We may have to plant the embryos to her in a week.


"Ouch! Soojungie!"


For some reason I didn't know I've woken up my wife, announcing her presence by biting my arms. This is bad timing I think...


"Why.are.you.moving... " She mumbled on my shirt audible enough for me to hear. I chuckled on her cuteness.


This girl, really. After all that happened yesterday, all she can think about right now is sleep. I wrapped my arms on her body and raised her up, hugging her so tight.


God.. thank you for giving me this girl. If the deities will permit, please reincarnate us and let us be together in all lifetimes. No matter where I am, I will search for her over and over again just to continue our love.


"Ammmm.... It's still early... Go back to sleep.." her voice still groggy from sleep.


"I can't .... why are you so squishy..." I said poking her puffed cheeks and hugging her so tight like letting go of her will make me cut my lifeline.


"Aisssh.... Ammmmm.....!" She whined at me cutely. I chuckled at her pouting and patted her bum.


"Soojung.." I called her and she instantly tilted her head to me, her face near mine. She knows what that tone means when I call her name. She propped her chin on my chest looking up to me with sleepy eyes.


"Are you okay? Does your head still hurts?" She ran her fingers on my hair with care in every . I copied what she was doing and studied her face. Worry evident on her beautiful cat like eyes.


"What happened after I passed out? I thought I was dead, you know."


She smirked at me and narrowed her eyes "Did you think I will let Hyun carry a gun with real bullets? I don't want anyone of us to get hurt."


"So it was blank.. but why did I passed out Krys?"


She laughed softly still looking at me. Like she's studying my confuse face because I am really wondering why I passed out after the shots were fired.


"The hotel doctor said it was shock. Because you thought it was real, your body followed what your brain said. When the shots were fired, your body automatically slumped on the floor and you fell asleep because that bright brain of yours said sleep."


"That's crazy..."


"I thought so too.. I panicked after recovering from my shock. I thought you're really dead then I saw your forehead, the plastic wad of the blank bullet fired at you grazed your forehead. That's why.." she moved up and planted a kiss on my Band-Aid "you got a cute Hello Kitty strip here."


"Bwoah!!!? Hello Kit-- geez! Soojung!" What the heck!? Hello Kitty Band-Aid plastered on my forehead. I wanna die. TT


"It was Key's! The doctor ran out of supply at the hotel clinic. Just be thankful for Key that he always brings his First Aid pouch. You're lucky it's not Barbie!"


Fine. This is the first and last time I'm gonna let this happen. No Hello Kitty strips in the future!


She moved back to her position on top of me, propping her chin in my chest while playing with my hair. Our gaze landed on one another and there was comfortable silence. Words are not needed to express how much love we feel for each other. A simple touch, a simple , a small smile, means everything.


I would give the world to her if she ask me to. Just to see her smile, that special smile of hers that makes my stomach do some 360 degree turns.


"So... How about our honeymoon?" I said to her wriggling my eyebrows playfully. Her soft laugh filled our room, it was music to my ears.


She always does that lip biting thing that makes me blush, sending tingling sensations in my spine. The way she bites her bottom lip and scrunch her nose paired with that stare that can melt you on the spot.

 

She'll be the death of me.


She hovered over me planting her hands on the side of my head for support. Our lips just a thread away from one another. My hands travelled from the back of her neck sliding to her sides.


Her lips landed on mine softly, taking her time to indulge herself. and biting, it was slow torture how she kisses me. How she glides her lips on my jaw going up to the back of my ears. Her tongue tracing circles on it while her lower body presses on mine. Did I say she's in between my legs right now? Yes, she is. Pressing and grinding herself to me making my body temperature rise.


"Baby... I got something to tell you.." she whispered to my ears while my hands gets busy inside her shirt her sides, intentionally brushing my fingers on the side of her .


"What is it?"


She stopped her teasing and plopped herself down to me panting. Soojung's hand grabbed mine and glided it down to her thighs. I peeked inside the blanket and our hands stayed there.


"Umm... Soojungie... Do you want me to massage your thighs or what?"


"Stupid... We can't tonight and the following nights. Pajamas.... Down here..." She smiled at me apologetically then it dawned on me.


Soojung in pajamas mean one thing.


that monthly period! Why don't we have the same schedule!?


I pouted at her looking like a sad puppy and puffed my cheeks. Why now?? It's wedding night or morning!


"Your periods are always unfair."


"You need a break. Remember last week, that's like equivalent of a week's in one night. You banged me so hard and look what happened to me!?"


"You could have been pregnant now if I was a guy, maybe you're set to give birth by next month if I got you knocked up the moment we saw each other again." I grinned at her jokingly. I know it's a cruel joke but it's funny for me. Her glare makes me shiver under her body.


She cupped my cheeks with both hands looking straight in my eyes. It was full of emotion, of understanding, and acceptance.


"I don't care if you're not a guy! I love you for who you are remember that Amber. You don't need that thing down there to prove yourself worthy of me, we can have kids and we will do that next week. You'll be a great Appa I know it."


"I was just joking Soojungie.." I smiled at her and gave her a peck on her lips. "How are we going to say to our future kids that their Appa is different from other Appas. Are they going to understand it?"


Soojung thought for a while, pursing her lips. How do you say it on a kid that their family is special? Are they going to accept me or rebel because their family is different?


"I think they will accept you for who you are Am. You're their Appa, you will love them with all your heart and I'm sure you're going to do everything to our kids just to make them happy and learn values they won't learn in school. Our kids will be smart and intelligent for their age. You'll be a great Appa, teaching them to swim, to play ball, to draw, I'll teach them how to play the piano , then I'll teach our daughter how to bake if she wanted to. Our son will be like you, handsome and a very good person. We'll raise them just right, we won't pressure them in anything. We will let them decide and realize what they want in life."


Her eyes are twinkling while plotting how to raise our future kids. How I wish it will come sooner, like a lot sooner. It gives me immense joy in my heart hearing her say 'our kids' 'our son' and 'our daughter'.


She keeps on rambling about how she wants our house will be. How big the kitchen is, a wide balcony, kiddie size pool and jacuzzi, 5 bedrooms and minimalist.


But all I can do is stare at her and marvel on how she make all of it. But there's only one house that I want to have and I know she wants it too. Too bad I can't.


"Soojung.. did you ever regret being with me?" It was an out of the blue question that escaped my lips. She stared at me quietly, looking for the right words to say. She sat up on the bed looking down on me, her perfect 'just-got-out-of-bed' hair falling in her shoulders.


Damn. I love this girl.


I didn't know, that exact words I told myself also crossed Soojung's mind, letting out a heartwarming smile to me.


"I never regret anything in this world Amber. Never did I regret meeting you that day in New York, and I didn't regret giving myself and my heart to you. If God forbade us and we didn't met each other again, I won't regret it. Because I will look for you, and only you, in our next lives over and over again. Just to continue our crazy story and fall in love over and over again. That's how much I love you Amber Liu." I pulled her closer to me and gave her a kiss, pouring all the emotions I have. Making her know that I love her too just as much as she loves me.


I broke the kiss and we smiled knowing that whatever happens, we're together on this.


"I love you too Jung Soojung. Even if in our next lifetime and we'll meet as chihuahuas in a pet shop, I'll still fall in love with you and will never leave your side. We will have our little chichuahua puppies." Her sweet laugh once again filled our room as she pulls my arms to sit on the bed. She straddled on my lap and wrap her arms on my neck, looking at me with happiness and love in her eyes.


A few hours from now, the sun will peek in the horizon and people will wake up from their beds to get ready for another busy day. Another day full of adventures, another day full of things and scenarios unimaginable. Some might be doing the same old routine but it's not bad at all.


If mornings like this with her is a routine, I won't complain at all.


"Am! Why don't we get that chichuahuas today? What do you think?"


"Arasso.." a smile escaped my lips looking at her with contentment in her lovely face.


I didn't regret having those ketchup stain on my chin that day in New York.


Never at all.

 

 

--------

 

Uncle Jungho was sentence to serve prison time for his wrongdoings. Some cases were opened involving him that's why he got a lifetime sentence. 

 

Like as planned, we flew to New York and applied for our marriage license. We didn't tell them about the visit at the fertility clinic because we want to make sure that it's not a fail. We conducted the ceremony under the same tree in Central Park where we sat down and met for the first time. 

 

Our families joined us on the very intimate ceremony of sorts. We exchanged rings again, a pair of platinum and silver wedding band with white gold on the side. It was just a small, inoformal ceremony. I'm just wearing a white linen shirt and my skinnys while Soojung wore a little white dress and a flower crown making her look like an angel.

 

The dinner reception happened on the Italian diner we went on before when we first met. The owner was very happy to see us again especially we exclusively reserved her diner for that night. 

 

All the while, the owner thought that Soojung and I were already married. It was because of what Soojung told her that day 8 years ago.

 

"What did you actually told her back then Krys? You haven't tell me about it.." 

 

"Oh, yeah.. I actually forgot about it... But I do remember something like we are newly weds and my husband can't control his urge that's why she ended up giving us the room. " 

 

"What!!? Just that?!" 

 

"Oh! I also told her that you are going to leave and study in another land. And that's the only night we can be together that's why we need to make babies. The end." 

 

I shook my head in amazement for my wife. All those years I thought it's something cheesy and romantic. 

 

"You made me look like a ert..." 

 

"But you are, a ert baby hahaha!!..." 

 

She leaned on to my ears and whispered huskily "And I love every minute of it." 

 

After a month or two, we announced to them that the IVF is a success. The two embryos that was planted to Soojung was positive. We will be having twins, well like that. 

 

The thing is, we used my eggcell and Soojung's eggcell and shared the donor . Both embryos were developed and planted on Soojung. After two and a half weeks we tested and it was positive. 

 

So the twins will share the same DNA with the donor plus mine and Soojung's. But nevertheless, we love them like they are our own. Soojung will be carrying them and I'm so happy to finally build our family together. 

 

Soojung's pregnancy.... What can I say?.... It's like she's not pregnant at all. Her mood swings on the first few weeks were terrible. It only became better when she passed the first trimester. The second semester was my most favorite time. 

 

What I got to deal then is her weird food cravings and high level of because .... Soojung almost bleed me dry every night. 

 

Luna and Jonghyun got married and had a son named Minhyuk. Luna became a housewife while  I Jonghyun still works in the bistro as the dining supervisor now. Byul and solar are still together and going strong. 

 

Mom and Dad stayed in Los Angeles for some time and visited us occasionally when the twins were born. Grandma gave them a gift when they were born, their own trust fund. 

 

 

And now, we sat together under that same tree in Central Park where it all started. Both of us reminiscing the not so distant past as we lay down on the blanket laid on the grass. The twins, who are now a year old, is enjoying the sun and the breeze of fresh air while we play with them. Their laughter echoing in the air making other park goers turn their heads to our spot smiling and admiring our beautiful family.

 

I look at Soojung and I see love and pure happiness on her eyes. 

 

"I love you.." I mouthed at her and she smiled genuinely and affectionately. She reached for my face and gave me a lingering kiss causing some protest from the twins on our middle. We broke the kiss and I chuckled at the faces of our nosy twins. She pointed her index finger in my chest over my heart and traced our favorite symbol.

 

994c44bb90a1192dcdad36e4c637c3de.jpg

 

"I love you too Amber... To infinity and beyond.." 

 

There's nothing else I can ask for. 

 

 

 

 

----------

And that's a wrap! Thank you so much for subscribing and patiently waiting and reading my updates. 

To all the readers who upvoted the story, thank you so much! Kamsahamnida chingu! 

Ciao! ✌