Kimchi - 32

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

 

 

------------

 

 


The plan was to buy a few button-down shirts and pants for me plus some shirts for Amber. But Grandma was so in the mood for shopping that we ended up almost buying everything that fits me. From top to bottom plus the inside. I'm not the kind of person who breathes branded luxury but Grandma was so persistent that I allowed her to indulge me with a designer bag and watch.


I treated her with the Bingsu that she wanted and Grandma was so happy, saying that it's been so long that she had someone with her and shop. Amber used to accompany her before but of course, my girlfriend doesn't like trying out outfits that's why she either ends up as a critic or a freeloader.


When we arrived home that night, we were really exhausted from all the walking that we went straight to our room, with me flopping on our bed and closing my eyes. Grandma was such a shopping monster! Full of energy walking from one shop to another. She bought some shirts for her assistant and for her bodyguards who were following us carrying all the shopping bags. Amber was shaking her head at her Grandma's shopping habits.


The bags littered our floor but I'm really lazy to arrange them in our closet. I'm thinking of leaving some of the clothes here so that when we come again I'll have something to wear. I open my eyes and saw Amber sitting on the floor beside our bed, opening the box of her new pair of Jordans she shamelessly begged Grandma to buy for her. Such a kid.


"The kid got a new pair of shoes~... I wonder where we will put it? Your shoe cabinet is already full Am, maybe we should buy another cabinet."


"I thought so too but we'll see. I don't want to cramp your walk-in closet with my shoes. And besides, another bunch of button-down shirts and skinny pants are added to your wardrobe. We really need a lot of space in our closet now." She placed the shoe inside the box again carefully putting it on the floor beside the other shopping bags.


She returned to my side and took off her T-shirt, leaving only her black singlet and sports bra, showing her tattooed covered toned arms and back. Everything about her body screamed hard work and perfection. Her going to the gym with Minho and Jonghyun surely paid off. Amber turned to me and raised her eyebrow looking at my clothes.


"Aren't you going to change into your PJs? Go freshen up and I'll wait for you here in our bed. Then we'll snuggle the way you want. Come on.." she patted my thighs but I just pouted at her. I'm so lazy to even stand up and change my clothes. Shopping has never been that tiring with the girls or with Eomma and Mommy. I imagine shopping with Grandma in the Seoul shopping district and I shudder at the thought. It will be one shopping chaos.


"I'm so tired I think my legs and arms are already sleeping Am.." sighing I tried to get up and sat on the bed brushing my long hair back with my hand.


"Stay there and don't get up I'll just get something.." Amber stood up and went to our bathroom. She came back with a hand towel on her shoulders, a damp face towel neatly folded, and my face cleaning essentials. She gave the face towel to me and it was warm, then she placed down the hand towel and cleaning kit on the small table near our bed.


She went to the intercom and asked for a basin of water and dry towels, plus hot chamomile tea. What is she planning to do? Minutes later, someone knocks on our room. It was Grandma's assistant bringing in a small tray that contains two teacups and a pot of hot Chamomile tea, setting it up on the floor near the foot of our bed. Then the other helper gave the basin to Amber and went out of our room with us giving our thanks.


"So... What are we going to do here?" I asked Amber with a wondering smile on my face. The side of her lips turned into a small smirk and sat down in front of me holding the headband that I use when I wash my face.


"We are going to wash the face of the Princess and freshen her up because she's tired." She reached for my hair putting it in a ponytail. "Just put your hands on your side and relax. Princess must not wet her hands with water, remember that." She smiled at me and I can see the care in her movements, with the way she slid the headband on my hair and fixing it so that no hair will fall.


"Why are you so sweet?" I asked with a dreamy look while watching her put some towels on the floor beside our bed placing the basin of water on top of it. She motioned for me to come forward and drapes the hand towel over my neck covering my front.


"Because a certain Princess made me feel like a Princess this morning and slew the dragon who wants to harm me. As a form of gratitude, I'm pampering her with my care." She answered with a grin and my heart instantly melted with her words. She has always been the guy in our relationship, the one who takes care of me, saving me from insects and protecting me from harm. She's not used to being treated like she's weak. I didn't know what I did for her earlier made her feel like that.


"Why are you such a sweet dork?"


A proud smile adorned her lips that made me chuckle. I handed her the damp face towel and she wipes my face with it making my face wet with water. Then she picks up my facial wash and squeezed a small amount on her palm, lathering it to foam, then gently massages the foam on my cheek and all over my face cleaning every spot. I closed my eyes enjoying the gentle circular moves her fingers make on my face. She taps the tip of my nose, my nose scrunches, eliciting a soft laugh from her.


"Soojungie come here and lower your face in the basin.." I let her guide my head lower then I felt the water being brought to my face slowly, washing away the foam on my face. I felt the towel drape over my neck came in contact with my face that made me open my eyes. It was Amber patting my face dry thoughtfully, then giving me a peck on my lips that made me smile.


"Now, your cleanser and toner!" I watch as she wet a cotton pad with my facial cleanser then wipes it on my face, cleaning every corner. After that, she pats on my toner in my face, then following it up with my moisturizer massaging it, making circles on my cheek. I can feel the warmth of her fingertips while she caresses my face, and I can see the love and care in her eyes. It's a simple show of affection but the simpleness and care I felt added to the reasons why I love Amber Liu.


"I love you.." I can't help myself but tell her. There's nothing more appropriate to say but inform her of what I feel.


All the adjectives in the world are not enough on how to describe Amber Liu. I can enumerate all the wonderful traits she has but it will take me days to finish it. She makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful person in her eyes even if I'm mad or I just woke up in the morning with bad bed hair and drool on the side of my mouth. Having her in my life is one of the biggest blessings I received. Every night I tell myself that I'm lucky to have her beside me and loving me.


After the face cleaning, she helped me undress and change on one of the oversize T-shirts she has in the closet with just my undies beneath. She knows it's my favorite sleeping attire, unless I have my period I wear my pajama bottoms.


She lay down beside me and pulled me in her arms as I lay my head on top of her chest near her heart. I can hear it beating, making me smile because I know I still can make her heartbeat wildly with just a simple contact of our body.


"Am... Thank you.."

 

"I just cleaned your face.." 


She chuckles and kisses the top of my head. "No, Soojungie... Thank you. For doing that for me, for standing up against my Mom and telling her what I can't say to her. You don't know how much it means to me."


"I just did what I need to do Am. You know I love you, right?"


She tilted my chin to meet her gaze, my lips curving to an affectionate smile when I saw how her smile lits up her face full of love and sincerity.


"I love you too Soojung, I won't trade you for anyone or anything else."


"Even on Boba?" I knowing how much she loves Boba.


"Even on Boba."


"Even on your Jordans?"


"I.. er.." Woah!? I narrowed my eyes to her and she laughs her heart out pulling me closer.


"Amber....!"


She connected our lips and kisses me fully, tenderly, without hurry letting me feel that love flowing inside her. We broke the kiss with a grin on her face.


"Even on my beloved Jordans."

 

 


Good!


Because if she says no, Jordan will have to say hello to the garbage truck. Ha!

 


We snuggled together and let the quietness of the place and the steady beating of our hearts lull us to sleep.