Kimchi - 41

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

 

Krystal's POV

 

"Kibumie! Thank you so much!" I came to my friend with arms wide open hugging him and he reciprocated it with a tight hug.


"Anything for my little freak!" I miss Key so much. The last time we saw each other in flesh was 2 years ago when he had a vacation here in Korea. "The dress is perfect Soojung-ah, I told you it will fit."


"Yeah... Thank you for keeping your promise." I smiled at him gratefully. The dress he made for me was a promise he made back when we were still teenagers. He said that if ever I decided to get married, he will make the most beautiful gown for me. Free of charge.


I'm so proud of his achievements in Europe but still keeping his feet planted on the ground. It was like yesterday when we were just two weird high schoolers hanging out together in a cafe. Him holding a fashion magazine with color pencils and papers strewn on the table, while I, holding a cookbook drinking iced coffee telling him my dreams.


Look at us now... He became a famous and world renowned fashion designer in Paris being chase by fashion houses to do collaborations. Me, you already know what I am now guys. No need to tell it again (hihihi...). I ushered him to the table where Luna and the gang is seating and introduce him.


"Guys, this is my friend Key. Key, these are my and Amber's friends and colleagues at the bistro."


"Oh my God! Key! As in the 'Key'!? The fashion designer!?" Wendy blurted out with a shock face covering .


"Ah... Yes, that will be me.." I saw my best friend flipped his imaginary long hair smiling. I pinched his side producing a wince from him. "Yah! Soojung! It's not everyday that I'm being complimented personally here in Korea! Just give me this day!"


"Because you don't spend time here! You're always in Paris or Milan or Venice."


"I'm busy with the designs and stuffs you know that. And the guys there are hotter..." He told me rolling his eyes on the last words he said. What the hell!?


"Guys I'll leave Key to your care. Please bear with him." Wendy quickly entertained him and probably will be talking about fashion since Wendy loves it. I excused myself and nodded at Victoria.


She followed me to the kitchen and I instructed the waiters to serve the food on the guest tables and more wine. There's one particular table that will be handled by Victoria.


That will be the elders' table where Amber's Uncle Jungho is seated.


Once the waiters are away I turned to Vic "Is Hyun-ssi ready now?" I asked her as we check the food that she will serve to the elders. She showed me a vial containing a drug. It will make a person hallucinate and say the truth. Don't ask me where she got it, she said it's from her 'friend' in China that deals with torturing criminals.


"Yes he is. Put this earpiece Krys so that we can communicate with each other. The other one is for Amber put it to hers." I placed the earpiece on and covered it with my hair.


"So how do I do this Vic? Where's the mic?"


"The mic is also connected in the earpiece. It's sensitive enough to hear your voice. Tap it when you are going to talk.." she tapped hers and whispered 'hello' which I heard clearly on the earpiece.


"Daebak! Where the hell did you get this?! We need this in the bistro seriously." I tapped mine and whispered 'Hyun-ssi.'


"Ye Krystal-ssi, I'm here.." oooohh this is jjang.


"Are you ready? I need you to go near them specifically near my mother in-law. Vic and I will be coming in after a minute. Where's Amber?"


"She's on the table with the gang."


"Hyun is it already loaded?" Vic asked him while looking at me, both of us waiting for his answer.


He sighed and spoke "Yes already lock and loaded. Let's do this."


Vic and I stared at each other for a moment then burst out laughing. Gahd we need this laugh right now! I sound like a gangster saying all those things.


"You know Krys, it sounded like you're going to do something bad to your in-law."


"I know.." I crossed my arms and chuckled "I feel like a gangster doing this Vic. Do you want to continue this and make this as our living?" I joked at her while doing a gun pose wearing a white ballgown.


"No way that I'm gonna exchange my work at the bistro with this . I prefer being a Maître d than being a special agent."


Yeah... Being a special agent and a Chef, I'll still choose to be a Chef than to risk my life everyday. But for tonight, let's do the special agent thing.


"Follow me Vic and let's finish this." I said flipping my hair while clutching the skirt of my gown as we entered the ballroom again. Vic is being followed by the waiters bringing with them a plate each for Grandma, Papa Liu, and Mama Liu. Mr. Lee's plate is being carried by Vic.


I went to Amber and excused her to the gang while Vic went straight to the elders table.


"Am... Come here!" I hissed at her lowly and dragged her on the corner away from the guests.


"Yah! Krys! Why are you dragging me?!" She whispered at me coming along to where I'm taking her. We stopped and I leaned on her placing the earpiece on her ears. She squirmed on the contact.


"Ahehehehe that tickles..." Tsk tsk..


"There you go... I planted your earpiece baby. Tap on it then whisper, me, Vic and Hyun will hear you and the SuJu team." I fixed her bow tie and patted her tuxedo. "You're so handsome and pretty today, don't you know that?" She grinned on me smiling, wrapping her arms on my waist.


"And you, woman, you look gorgeous. You're so beautiful..."


"Thank you, so do you Amberrrr..." I said cupping her face with my palm squishing it making her lips pucker. "Kyeopta!"


"Ehem.... Guys.. let's finish this mission first then you can have all the time in the world to smother each other.." it was Victoria and when we turned to her she was glaring at us from her position near the table. Okay back to work!


"Sorry Vic! We'll go there now." Amber said and looked at me. I nodded at her and we made our way to the elder's table.


"Krys... Before we head to the elders table, I would like you to meet someone." She smiled at me and guided me to my family's table. I saw Mom and she beamed at me with her eyesmile. Beside her is the oldman I saw earlier. Hmmmm.... They look alike.


They look alike. I frowned while thinking about it. Why did I just realized it now? Mom and the oldman has the same eyesmile.


"Dad, Jessi Eomma are you enjoying the food?" I asked the couple while I kiss Mom's cheek and greeted Yuri too.

 

Eomma nodded at Mom and smiled "It was perfect! Tiff did a good job with the food as expected." 

 


"Congratulations Amber and Soojung! It was a beautiful ceremony, I'm touched with your words for one another." Yuri stood up and shook our hands.


"Yeah it was beautiful Soojung, I loved it. Your sisters were watching you while you walked in the carpet. They must be proud of their unnie.." Jessi Eomma said while holding baby Yoona in her arms.


"I'm sure they are.. their unnie is so beautiful!" My mom said and patted my cheeks. "Honey, I want you to meet someone.."


The oldman beside mom stood up and smiled at me. Now I remember him!


"Chairman Hwang of MLS Corporation.." I uttered the words while bowing at him. "Thank you for coming tonight.." I looked at Amber wondering how the Chairman knew about our ceremony. He was the owner of the company who held the contest before. I won the scholarship to Italy and he welcomed me personally when I got back from finishing my studies. He was a very nice old man with a cheerful smile on his face.


"I invited him tonight Soojung if you don't mind." Amber grinned at me with mischief in her eyes.


Mom held my hands and squizzes it lightly. "Soojung, remember when I told you that I will introduce you to your Grandfather? We'll..." She turned to Chairman Hwang and he smiled again. "This is my father, Chairman Hwang." What?!


I turned to Dad asking for confirmation and he smiled at me dearly. I turned my head back at Chairman Hwang and studied his face, yes, he had the original eyesmile.


Let me just adjust here. The information need to sink in on my mind first. I was just staring at him without uttering a word. My grandfather is Chairman Hwang of MLS Corporation.


Oh My God.


The biggest food and beverage company in Asia and US.


My mother is his daughter. I'm his grand daughter. So that means...

 


"I-i can't believe this.."

 


"Me neither Chef Krystal. I can't believe it when Stephanie told me 3 years ago that you were the cute,chubby, little girl in the photos she has been sending me before. Our paths has crossed twice and I didn't even had a clue that Krystal Jung was actually baby Soojung."


Amber nudge me to say something but I'm just really bashful right now. How do you greet a grandfather you just met for the first time?? I hope I can ask Google or Siri now...


"I'm sorry..." I brushed my hair out of shyness, a habit I always do when I'm shy. "Ummm... It's nice to finally meet you, Chairman Hwang..-- I mean, Mr. Hwang..-- I mean.." my grandfather laughed at my idiotic mumbling. He patted my head like a kid and smiled at me warmly making me smile at him too.


"Chairman Hwang is enough Chef Krystal.. you can call me by that name. It makes me old being called Grandpa! Only Madam Lee likes to be called old.." he smirked at Grandma Lee's direction and I saw Grandma raise her fist to Chairman Hwang jokingly. Oh so they do know each other.


"Mom.." I hugged my mother tightly thanking her. Happy that I finally knew someone from her side of the family.


"Atty. Jung raised you well, Taeyeon.." Dad raised his glass to Chairman Hwang and they cheered. Wow. I never thought this day will come. I have my own grandfather! "Amber, thank you for inviting me and making the effort."


I turned to my wife and she smiled smugly at me proud of what she did. Amber never failed to surprise me with her ideas. I pulled her to a hug and whispered a 'Thank you' to her ears. 


We chatted with them for a while and I got a chance to know my grandfather just a little. He invited me and Amber to stay in his villa in Pyeongchang-dong for a few days and we obliged.

 


"Amber, Krys, it's time... Just stay where you are and let us handle this.." Victoria radioed to me and Amber making us look at each other. I gaze at Victoria discreetly and she nodded at me.

 

 

Hyun was already pulling out his gun and pointed it at my mother in-law.

 

 

-------

 

 


Victoria's POV

 


"So Madam Lee, did Chae Young already told you about my request regarding the construction company?" Mr. Lee asked his Aunt while sipping the wine I gave him. Go oldman, and finish that wine. In a few minutes we will have our little show.


Madam Lee nodded at him uninterested and played with her wine glass. "Tell me Jungho, what do you plan to do with the company? Chae Young already finished revamping it. I already told the President and the Minister of Finance that we will join the biddings of the government now fairly. No special attention needed."


"You don't have to do that. We can make it discreetly and I badly needed financial back up so that the assembly will vote for me to be the next Prime Minister."


"I'm sorry Jungho, but you know that I don't have the hold in that construction company. Your uncle gave the power to your cousin and only her can decide about it." I offered wine again to Mr. Lee and he waved at me ordering a refill. The fool didn't even notice that I'm serving him a different wine than the others.


It's not only the bottle of wine that I spiked with that serum, I also spiked his Steak and his Potato and Leek soup which he downed gleefully.


The voice recorder that I placed at the bottom of the table has been recording his ramblings. Siwon also installed a high powered camera in the ceiling of the ballroom focusing on this table.


"Hahaha! I can't believe this.. Chae Young I want you to reconsider. It's my RIGHT!!" He slammed his fist on the table startling the guests at the other side.


"Jungho, I declined you the first time you asked me about it. I'm sorry but I cannot give you what you want. But I can help you financially and will support your bid if you want." Mrs. Liu cooly said to her cousin smirking. It only made Mr. Lee mad like an ogre.


He composed his self and fixed his Hanbok. "I know uncle's will Chae Young. Don't you remember what he said? He left that company to you but his will says that if ever that you are incapacitated to rule the company or die while in seat, the next male heir will take over it." He patted his chest smirking like a madman. "I don't see any male heir from you. Amber looks like a man but she's not a male heir. Jackie already forfeited her rights too."


Mrs. Liu stared at her madhat cousin and shook her head smiling. "Jungho, my male heir is looking across from you on this table on his pacifier.." Jackie held her baby protectively and smiled at his uncle. "Baby Patrick is registered on our family as the next heir since Amber already forfeited her rights."


The oldman stood up from his seat slamming his napkin on the table and pointed his finger at Mrs. Liu, glaring at her. I held on to my small taser guns on my pocket eyeing his two bodyguards near the table.


From the corner of my eye, I saw Hyun walking to the table pulling out his small gun fitted with a silencer and pointed it at Mrs. Liu. The Jungs and the Hwangs stood up from their seats, away from the commotion.


"Kangin, Hae, usher Krystal's family outside the ballroom and our friends. They can't be involve here. Go!" I whispered in a low voice clear enough to be pick up by the earpiece. They nodded at me and assisted the Jungs out of the ballroom and into another room we prepared.

 

"Amber, Krystal, get Madam Lee and pull her in a safe area."

 

 

 

"Hahahaha!! Now Chae Young, what would you like me to do? You have 2 choices.." he was walking back and forth slowly while his beard "one is we will change the will and you will give me the company now or two, your loyal servant will kill you now and your precious heir."


Mrs. Liu only laugh at him and continued on sipping her wine. "Jungho... Is this a joke? Are you really going to ask him to shoot me? Because I'm telling you, he won't do it."

 


"Kyuhyun! You bastard! Shoot her now!"

 


Kyuhyun carefully stride near Mrs. Liu still pointing his gun at the old lady then suddenly pointed it to Mr. Lee who is looking like a mad bull now. His bodyguards tried to come to his side but they failed because my fingers are faster than their stride.

 

Bam!


Both bodyguards are already crumpling on the floor because I shot them with my taser guns effectively making them twitch on the ground. Damn I miss this. I still got my shooting skills.


"What do we have here now Jungho... You're all alone now and the one you scared to do your dirty deed is still on my side. You have 2 choices: one is to walk out of this ballroom peacefully and stop bothering me and my family or two, I'll call the police and sue you for planning to kill me and an innocent child."


"You don't have any evidence!"


I played the recorder and his voice echoed in the hall.

 


"one is we will change the will and you will give me the company now or two, your loyal servant will kill you now and your precious heir."

 


"This is a frame up! You bastards! Men!" He shouted for his other guards that he thought was just outside the room but to no avail, no one entered. "What did you do to my guards?!"


Amber smirked at his uncle and whistled. "They were hungry so I told them to eat. They're probably still sleeping now uncle."

 


"Ahhhhh!!! This is unacceptable!" He pointed at the ceiling looking crazy "I still got another one for you Chae Young. Say goodbye now because the moment I make my signal, the sniper on the ceiling will burst your head and all of you here! No one can put me behind bars! I already ordered a lot of killings, no one has ever been successful to put me on jail!"

 


Madam Lee suddenly chuckled and looked at her nephew like Mr. Lee is some kind of an idiot pointing his fingers.


"Stop that now Jungho! No one will be dead today. Your sniper is already sleeping together with your guards. Of course we are ready for your arrival! We're not stupid to think that you will go here quietly not doing a scandal. Let's stop this now and apologize to your cousin. I promise not to press any charges on what you did."


Mr. Lee suddenly attacked Kyuhyun and fought with him trying to get Hyun's gun. I still have another taser gun with me and I don't know how to shoot him without Hyun being shot too.


He succeeded to get the gun from Hyun and pointed it at Mrs. Liu like a crazy ahjussi huffing. I heard Amber telling Siwon outside to let the police enter the ballroom now. Mr. Liu protected his wife as they stand in the middle of the ballroom with a gun pointed at them.


"Don't doubt that I can't do it, Chae Young. I already shot a lot of nosy businessmans and stupid people. I will shoot you!"


"Seoul Police force!" The police came in and circled the area pointing their guns at him. "Mr. Lee Jungho, please lower your weapons and come with us."


"Uncle just lower the gun now and go with them peacefully.."


"No!! I'll kill you now Chae Young you !"


"Sir, please lower your gun and come with us peacefully. Don't add another crime to your various list of raps."

 


"You can't even do it Jungho... You're a coward."

 


Come on oldman. You already blurted out a lot of your crimes. I don't know if that serum is effective or not but you really shouted all your killing sprees confidently. I just need you to pull that trigger and all of this is over. Just a little more pushing....

 


"You're a coward Jungho... Pull that trigger and end this now. You can have the company if you kill me."

 


"Mother! Don't say that!"

 

 

"Hey Krys..." I whispered to my friend smirking. Only she can hear what I am saying now.. "would you like to say something to Mr. Lee so he will finally shoot your mother in-law?"


"Shut up..." She whispered at me with a slight smirk on her lips.

 

But we didn't expect what was coming. You really cannot read a person's mind that quick.


"I will not fall down like this. I'll bring your daughter with me to hell!" He suddenly spun around and pulled the trigger to the unsuspecting person holding her wife protectively.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BANG! BANG! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"AMBER!!!!!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her legs gave up and her body went down unconscious, being cradled by a shock Krystal in the carpeted ground. 

 

 

I see Mr. Lee pointing the gun on his head and that's my sign to shoot him.

 

 

 

 

 

 


He fell to the ground twitching. The mighty Lee Jungho fell to the ground being shot by a taser gun. Police ran to his side and took over tying him with a cable tie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If I only had a real gun. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"NO!!!AMBER!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If only.