Kimchi - 35

Of Hotdogs, Bagels, and Basil

 

 


Krystal's POV

 

 

"So it's a yes Mrs. Liu?"

 


My heart is racing and the butterflies in my stomach won't stop fluttering. Just say Yes please and we can all live happily ever after. Oh my Gahd. That sounds so Disney.


From the corner of my eye I can see beads of sweat rolling down on Amber's face. I'm digging my nails on her palms unintentionally because of my nervousness but I'm still keeping my cool facade.


"I'll say Yes..If.."

 

She's staring at me with a blank expression and I can't help myself but pray to the heavens above that this end quickly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"if you stop calling me Mrs. Liu.." a small smile suddenly crept on her lips and I knew this talk will end smoothly.

 


"W-well then... Ummm... Okay.. Mama Liu?" Amber let out a big sigh beside me making me hug her sides. She's too adorable making that expression. Finally. I laughed softly at her teary eyed and her Mom did too.


"Good. So.. let's see Amber slip that beautiful ring in your finger. Amber? Why are you spacing out! The ring! Give it to your girlfriend now!"


"Hey llama.. are you okay?" I whispered to her.


She was smiling at me brightly and I noticed that her eyes had a glassy look "I am Soojung.... G-give me your hand.." I gave my hand to her and Amber picked up the ring from the box and looked straight into my eyes.


"So... Here it is we got a ring now~." I chuckled softly at her silliness and she laughed at it. She took a deep breath and released it loudly, grinning at me, then slowly, slipping in the ring on my finger and brought her lips giving it a peck . Wow.. daebak.. it fits perfectly on my fingers. Oh my God... Am I going to wear it while cooking?! Or I can take it out and slip it back on after duty hours?! Why am I thinking about this now?!


I feel so giddy now and can't help myself but to cup her face and rub our noses together. I would like to kiss her til we ran out of breath but we got some audience so it's a no. It can wait later *wink*


"We should hold a dinner with your parents immediately Soojung. I suggest that we make a visit in Seoul tomorrow and make up the plans for you and Amber's wedding. Your engagement ceremony must be held next week ASAP!" Grandma exclaimed and the elders nodded in agreement.


"Thank you Mom.." Mrs. Liu gazed warmly at Amber smiling as her daughter reach for her hand on the table. I'm happy that she's making up to her daughter for all she has done. It isn't too late to change, for the sake of her daughters.

 

 

 

-----

 


After the hearty breakfast with the elders, I decided to take a walk in the courtyard taking some gulps of fresh air the nature can offer. Amber told me she'll follow me after making a call to Jackie so I let myself roam around the courtyard before going back to our room.


Some of Grandma's assistants passing through greeted me with a bow so low, I helped them to get back up telling them not to do it. I'm not used to this kind of treatment I feel like a Princess with this manner. Well I am a Princess in Amber's eye but to others I don't want them to treat me like one. I told them a simple greeting is enough.


I can never get used to this kind of living. But I love, love, this land. This amazing property and view that made me fall in love in just a few days. Too bad Amber won't have a chance to inherit this palace like property. I love the feel of walking inside the hallway imagining that I'm inside a palace in the Joseon era. I can imagine myself having some small patch of herb and vegetable garden near the small lake.


Then use the grown vegetables for our own consumption and for the restaurant we will open in the city, all the freshest ingredients will be use.The small lake is clean enough for the kids to take a dip in summer time then I'll ask Amber to put a rubber wheel as a swing you know, like in the movies where you will swing before diving in the water. Then we'll continue Grandma's yearly Gimjang and I'll invite the whole gang to help us making the kimchi. We can even distribute coals in winter too together with the kimchi to the families who can't afford it.


But one important thing to do in this property is to make the walls of the room thick. Sound proof to be exact. Hehe. I can live in this peaceful place and the kids will love it too. We're going to have 2 dogs, maybe Chihuahuas will be good a boy and a girl.

 


Who am I kidding?

 


It's just a dream. It won't come true because it will never happen. Amber won't have this property now and although it's sad, it's okay. We can still visit Grandma once in a while and enjoy this place.


I chuckle sadly at the thought. What if this property will be given to some relative and just sell it or neglect this? That will be such a waste. I wish I can buy this then I can do what I want with it.

 


Oh well...

 


I'm not that rich to buy this. I'm not an heiress to a vast fortune or someone who has a millionaire Grandparents who will give me my share of wealth for being their grandchild.


I'm just me. Krystal Jung Soojung. Chef. Daughter of Atty. Taeyeon Jung and fiancee of the most nicest and handsome llama on Earth, Amber Liu.


My step mother is Atty. Jessica Jung Sooyeon, the bravest and wittiest lawyer in Korea while my mother is Stephanie Hwang Miyoung a successful Celebrity Chef and author of cookbooks with for pink stuffs even if she's already old to wear it. I don't know anything about Mom's family here in Korea maybe I'll ask her when we meet for the dinner with the Liu-Lee family.


I miss the twins... I sighed and walk in circles then sat on the bench under the Oak tree. Maybe they're terrorizing Dad now. Haha.


Where the hell is that llama? I was promised a 'sleep-all-day' treat today and she's still not here!


Mental note too: I have to pack our things later since Grandma said they have to meet Dad, Eomma, and well,Mommy too if she's available tomorrow. She said last week that she might accompany Yuri to Cambridge and stay there for a week because she's writing a new book.


I fumble inside my coat pocket and brought out my phone. I need to know if Mom is still here in Korea and tell her about the meeting tomorrow. Oh wait, do I call her directly or call Sunny first? Shoot I have to call Sunny first because she is Mom's walking organizer.


I dialled Sunny's number and she picked up after a couple of rings with that sweet voice of hers. Sunny is actually a very nice person and I can say that she is Mom's one true friend who didn't left her side through ups and downs.


"Hey Krystal! How are you?"


"Hi Aunt Sunny...I'm okay, Amber and I are still here in Busan. Is Mom going to Cambridge tomorrow with Yuri Oppa?" Quite cool right? He said to call him Oppa because it makes him feel young. Well it suits him really, and the llama was a bit jealous when she heard me call Yuri Oppa.


"Don't let Amber hear you say that Oppa thing, her nosetrils will flare again at her professor haha! Back to your question, they are planning to leave tomorrow but it can still be rescheduled. Why? Do you have something coming up?"


I bit my lip and fiddle with my finger while looking at my magnificent ring "Well... I will need her to be with us tomorrow. I'm having Amber's folks in Seoul for dinner to discuss our...Ummm..--"


"Eeeekkkkkkk!!!!!"


Oh Gahd!! I instantly turned away the phone on my ear. Aunt Sunny's shriek is an truly ear drum destroyer. This ahjumma..


"You're going to make me deaf ahjumma! I haven't said it and you're already reacting like that!"


"I'm just so HAPPY! Oh my Gahd!! You're getting married!..."


"Yes... Haha.. can I ask for a favor? Could you clear all of Mom's schedule tomorrow please? You know.... If it's possible.."


"Of course! Consider it done! Now call your Mom and tell it to her, she'll be ecstatic to hear about that news..." I heard her sniffing on the other line and it made me chuckle. "I can't believe it...This kid that I'm stalking ever since she's in high school is now getting married. You are really grown up now Krystal.."


"Thank you Aunt Sunny! I appreciate it. And what you said last is a bit weird do you know that? Creepy too. Don't let others hear you ahjumma, okay?" The stalking part is really creepy, she told me about that. It was her assignment when Mom and I had a fall out. She has to report to Mom what I am doing together with photos of me and I saw the albums. In my high school uniform, me and my friend Key hanging out in the mall, me in the market buying ingredients, me taking the exams, when I graduated, when I won the scholarship. What she didn't have is my New York trip and for that I'm thankful because she didn't spoil the moment. That's why I feel weird in school before like someone is following me, it was her trying to take photos.


"Hahaha. Okay I'll clear her schedules Krystal! Take care!" We finished our conversation and I took a deep breath, dialling Jessi Eomma's number. I hope she's not busy tending to the twins or sleeping late. She answered after two rings.


"Eomma~.."


"Soojung-ah~"


"Eomma~..."


"Soojung-ah~ you sound weird you know that? How are you doing? Are you still held in captive there in Busan by Amber's Grandma? Do you want me to pick you up there?" She jokingly teased me.


"I'm doing great Eomma, we might come home tomorrow than the original plan. And her Grandma is amazing! We had shopping yesterday and I was dead tired when we got home. You got to meet her Eomma! She'll drain you in shopping I promise!"


"Really huh?! Well I have to meet that old lady to see if she really is that good in shopping.."


"Yeah... She wants to meet you all tomorrow for dinner. All of them.."


"For dinner? All of them? With her Mother and Father? Wae?"


"Eomma I'm getting married to Amber!"


"I know. You already said that before, remember? You showed me your fancy earring.. nothing new about it." She didn't get what I said.


"Eomma... They want to meet you and Dad, possibly Mommy too to talk about the details of the Engagement ceremony next week and our wedding..Next month." Oh God don't shriek too please.


Silence.


Then she spoke after a while of me twirling my hair and biting my lips due to nervousness. I hope she's not mad that I'm getting married first than them.


She was..... Relaxed.. "Okayyyy, I'll tell your Dad that they are coming. Have you called your Mom about it? So Engagement ceremony next week then wedding next month.. we have to prepare for the wedding immediately if it's going to be next month.. we have to get passports for the twins!" she's rambling on things and I think it hasn't sank in on her.


"Eomma, did you hear what I said.. next month.."


"I heard it Soojung! That's why I'm telling you those things! I'm gonna tell your Dad, he's going to be thrilled! Where's the dinner?"

 


"Why are you not surprised?!"

 


She laughed at my question and sighed. "Soojung, your Dad and I had talked about it before. We were actually wondering why you and Amber decided to do it after our wedding when you can do it earlier than ours. Besides, the two of you already looked like you're married for a long time. You got that look on her that says 'Mine' and she got that adoring look on you that puts a stupid smile on her face."


"Aren't you mad at us for deciding like this in an instant?" Someone suddenly hugged me from behind. Based on the scent that's already imprinted in my consciousness, it's my Amber hugging and pulling my waist then lifted me up so I can sit on her lap with my back leaning on her. I turned my head to her and mouthed that it's 'Eomma' on the other line.


Amber buried her face on my neck tickling my skin with her warm breath. I suddenly felt warm with that simple contact giving me goosebumps all over. The effect she has on me tsk tsk... she hasn't even touch me. Her lips started to nibble my skin making me gasp when she suddenly bit it then that part and continued on doing it again.


"Why am I going to be mad about that?! My daughter is getting married and that's what is important now. Let's talk about the details tomorrow when you and Amber gets home. Are you inside the room or outside?" What? Why did she asked? I slap Amber's head to stop what she's doing and she just pouted at me then resumed her dirty work.


"E-eomma I'm under an O-oak tree here.. why? You want a Selca?" Damn that skilled tongue Amber I'm going to kill you later. My eyes roamed the area checking if there are people coming or walking near our area.


"No, tell Amber to stop what she's doing to you right now!!.." my eyes went wide with what she said. How did she knew.. I instantly covered Amber's mouth with the palm of my hands stopping her on what she's doing "..and go inside your room for Pete's sake! I can hear you gasp and I don't wanna know what you are doing right now but please smack her head. Whatever it is, please do it inside your room. I gotta go, the twins are waking up."


"Krys baby that's my nose...."


"Kiss them for me Eomma, I miss them.." I turned to Amber and she mouthed 'me too' "..And Amber misses them too. She says hi to you too Eomma."


"Okay, I love you Soojung. Be safe! See you tomorrow!" We hanged up and I instantly pinch Amber's arms because of her daring actions.


"Amber!! What are you doing?! We're outside for Pete's sake! What if someone saw us and record what we are doing?!"


"Bwoah... That won't happen believe me. Sorry Soojungie... I was just teasing you. Forgive me?"

 

She made that pouting look again like she's an adorable puppy. I snorted at her cuteness. You're so easy Krystal Jung she can make you bend in an instant just by looking like a cute puppy.


"Fine. I forgive you.. love you.." I gave her a peck on her lips and grinned at her. "Room now, I wanna sleep llama. Lift me juseyo~.. Palli!"


She wriggled her eyebrows playfully at me and I giggled at her. "Are you sure you want to sleep? Because I want to sleep too so don't make any move on me will yah!"


"Byuntae! We are going to sleep, like undisturbed sleep until before dinner. But first, we have to fix our luggage so help me then. Palli~ I wanna lay down now I'm tired~ Come on Amber.. lift me juseyo~.." I whined cutely at her and I know she can't resist that.


"Tsk tsk tsk... You sound like an 18 year old Krystal Jung not the 26 year old I have right now."


"So who do you love most? The 18 year old or the 26 year old?"


"Both." She grinned at me tilting her head cutely. So cheesy Ber.


"Good answer llama. Come on, room now. Don't make me say juseyo again please! I sound like a teenager being cute to her Oppa."


"Yeah like Yuri Oppa tssss..." Aigoooooo jealous again..


"Hey! I call you Oppa too! Why are you jealous? Yuri Oppa is basically like same age as Dad. So he's like a father to me too."


"You only call me Oppa when I'm jealous or mad....."


"Well you love it when I call you Oppa.." I stared at her wriggling my brows with a smirk on my face and I know she remembers it. JealousBer is hot and y Amber.


She smirked at me too recalling that time JealousBer came out when I kept calling Yuri 'Oppa' when we had dinner with him and Mom. I calling her 'Amber Oppa' jokingly, which she took seriously and as punishment she pinned me on our bed, and well, let's say all over the house where you can lie down, and gave me a punishment I wouldn't forget the whole night til morning. It seems like calling her by that name made her more arouse that she asked me to call her like that while she's pounding me to oblivion. I was Amber Oppa until I passed out. Gahd.


"Harder Oppa... Amber Oppa harder~...." She said mimicking my voice. This is embarrassing! I tried covering in fear that someone might hear it.


"Stop that!!" I hissed at her but it's seems she's having fun seeing me blush like a tomato. I was so submissive that night I don't even know what kind of spirit entered me to be like that.


"Deeper Amber Oppa.... Deeper Oppa... Amber oppaaaa..." okay now she's mimicking me with feelings while controlling her laugh. She has to stop it because hearing it makes me hot and wet down there and it's still morning!! I'm gonna kill her later once I've escape her tight hold on my waist then I'm gonna bury her on the ground below this Oak tree.


"I said STOP Amber!!" I yelled at her that made her stop teasing me. She looked at me then her expression changed. It was scary, her eyes became black and intense like she's gonna eat me alive. Gulp. Wrong move Jung Soojung. Now you made her mad.


I gave her a cold glare and faked my expression like I'm mad and annoyed at her. But deep inside I'm trembling because I think I hit a nerve. Suddenly she hooked her arms under my legs and lifted me up bridal style roughly, making me swing my arms on her neck while she stood up and walk to the direction of our room.


"Oh God! Amber! You startled me! Don't do that again. Let's sleep.." we entered the room and she closed the door loudly by kicking it shut. It made me stare at her incredulously because she really looks like mad as hell now. What did I do!? I was just stopping her!


She dropped me in the bed harshly with that eyes of hers showing black orbs, staring intently at me. I did hit a nerve gosh, I've never seen her this mad before.. Ottoke..


"Am baby, I'm sorry.." she was just kneeling in front of me and staring clenching her teeth. Is she possessed?! What surprised me is when she started to take off her shirt and singlet leaving her sports bra. "I-I-I-I didn't mean to y-yell--" why am I suddenly panicking?! And why do I feel excited about this all of a sudden? The last time I saw her like this was when she was jealous...


The realization hit me, widening my eyes at her, and I saw that smirk on that I fully remember she had that night. ! I want my sleep!!!


She started to crawl to me looking like a tiger who wants to pounce on her meal and all I can do is move my body up away from her but I guess I can't do anything about it. She already trapped me beneath her parting my legs and positioned herself on top of me. 


"A-a-mber let's just sleep like we talked about a while ago--"


"Oh no you don't Soojung.. you called me wrong.." she had that y husky voice that I love to hear that made me shudder when she said those words while hovering over me.


"A-a-mber.."


"Sleep is for the weak Soojung.. you'll get that later. And by the way.. that's Amber Oppa for you starting now."

 


Why don't you just give me my precious sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Amber!!!!!