Never Give Up

Precious Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She breathed deeply, seeing the view of the sunset. Recently, the sunset had been her inspiration. She turned around, besides him, of course, and smiled while looking at his serious face.

She closed the window. She had been there for a few minutes now. She just came from practice for the next day’s award ceremony and decided to pay him a visit. Luckily, his group had just finished with practice and he was just staying at his dorm.

She sighed while shaking her head. He must not have felt her staring at him. He was still so serious. She furrowed her brows but then smiled after a few seconds. This was one of his ways to destress. She had to give this to him.

She then caught herself admiring how handsome he is despite how serious he was. Too serious with your game, huh? She smiled. He had asked her for just a couple of minutes to level up before they head out.

He was squatting at the center of his room, facing his laptop with his back leaning on his bed. She walked to him. She squat down and rested her head on his shoulder.

He glanced at her, brows raised, this was one of his ways to ask her if everything’s fine. She gave him a sweet smile then shook her head, her way of telling him nothing’s wrong.

He had been playing this and she had been used to watching him play. She had seen how he gets frustrated when he couldn’t beat his opponent or one of his team members in the game weren’t doing well. She also had seen how he gets excited whenever he gets to level up.

McCree. She thought. Of course, he would use his favorite character in the game, the cowboy. She smiled remembering one of those days when he played around and pretended to be this cowboy, complete with the cowboy hat and toy revolver.

After a few more minutes, he had leveled up and halted from playing. He looked at her, her head was still on his shoulder. He kissed the top of her head.

“Kaja?” he asked her. They were planning on going out tonight but with complete disguise since they were keeping things low for the mean time. She just smiled at him.

“I was wondering,” she started. He had his brows furrowed. “Will we ever fight again?” she asked carefully, continuing what she had started.

“We never did,” he expressed, matter of fact. She got her brows knotted.

“We never did fought,” he told her again, confirming. “There may be times when I or you sulk but that’s just it. If you’re referring to the one a few days ago, then it was just miscommunication, ani,” he shook his head. “More like someone didn’t communicate with one,” he glared at her as he continued.

She bowed her head, avoiding his stare. She bit her bottom lip, guilt all over her face. She was trying her best not to let him see how guilty she was.

He held her chin and made her look at him. “Forget about that,” he commanded. “That will never happen again,” he continued. She smiled at what she heard.

She felt satisfaction in her heart as she heard his answer. She nodded to him as reply.

“Ouh, maja!” her brows furrowed. He looked like he just remembered something. “I got something for you.”

“Chakaman,” he excused himself and walked to his dresser. He was clearly looking for something there. She just looked at him.

He had a bright smile plastered on his face while approaching her. She raised an eyebrow at him, curious.

He sat next to her and handed her a box. “Hoksi…” Isn’t this what we promised? Her face brightened seeing him nod at her for confirmation. She immediately hugged him. He too returned the hug.

She immediately got the box he handed and opened it. This was the pair she was eyeing on. He got it for her and what’s even better is he got it for both of them. Couple shoes! Sneakers!

She gave him her brightest smile, “gomawo.” He nodded while patting her head. She immediately tried them out. Fits perfectly.

“How’d you know my size?” she asked.

“I have my ways,” he said while shrugging his shoulders.

“Geunde…” she bit her bottom lip, wanting to ask something but was having second thoughts as she didn’t want to spoil the moment. He raised both his brows, waiting for her to continue what she was saying.

“Remember that I really wanted to get us both the same pair?” she started, carefully. He nodded in reply.

“I actually didn’t desire it that much anymore since they said if you give someone a pair of shoes, that person will walk away from you,” she explained.

“Do you have any plans of walking away from me?” he asked while glaring at her.

“Aniya!” she quickly answered.

“So, why do you worry that much?” he asked. She just gave him a lop-sided smile, confused of what to believe.

“Also, even if you walk away from me, I’ll make sure that I will just be walking right behind you wherever you go, protecting you, supporting you,” his statement touched her deeply.

“We’ll then both reach the finish line together,” he continued. She quickly jumped to give him a bear hug causing them to fall on the floor. He chuckled at her actions. She actually felt like tearing up because of his confession.

“But I have a favor to ask you,” he revealed. She loosened their hug, sat straight and looked at him.

“Never give up on us ‘coz I will never give up on you, on us” he sincerely asked. She nodded and mouthed, “yaksok” inaudibly. He kissed her forehead.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter