Purpose

Precious Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She rolled over on her bed, still feeling giddy remembering what happened earlier. The butterflies in her stomach didn’t leave yet since she confessed.

The huge smile on her face never faded after he had sung his heart out to her. She didn’t imagine this was his effect on her. Of course, she needed to hide some of her excitement in front of him.

She took her phone from the bedside table when she heard it beeped. A smile crept on her face as she read the message.

‘Asleep?’ It was a message from him.

‘Ani,’ she typed a reply.

After a few minutes, she heard her phone ring.

“Why aren’t you asleep yet?” he asked.

“Geunyang,” she answered while shrugging her shoulders, as if he could see her.

“Could you pinch me?” he asked again.

“Wae?” she whined. Here he goes again. She sighed yet a smile slowly appeared on her face again remembering what happened.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She looked at him worried. He had been staring at her for a few minutes now. She waved her hands in front of his eyes, he didn’t even blink.

She bit her lower lip. Did she say something wrong? She snapped her fingers in front of his face. He blinked.

“Are you kidding me right now?” he asked, still couldn’t believe her words.

Her worry grew. “A..ni..” she bit her bottom lip.

He laughed. “Of course, we’re best friends! You like me because were best friends!” he revealed, trying to convince himself more. She furrowed her brows.

“You’re really great at pulling pranks,” he continued, faking a laugh.

“I think we should go back, maybe you’re too tired,” he suggested. He grabbed her hand and started walking.

“Ani,” she shook her head.

“Are you sick?” he asked while putting a hand on her head.

“Ani!” she yelled out, frustrated. This wasn’t the reaction she was hoping to get from him.

“Yah! I said I like you too! I’m serious!” she yelled out, stomping her feet.

He again didn’t respond. He was once again staring into space. She sighed and started to walk away from him. She stopped from walking when she felt him hug her from the back.

“This felt like a dream,” he whispered. “I didn’t mean to offend you,” he continued. She smiled at his statement.

He loosened the hug and turned her facing him.

“You can’t take it back anymore,” he warned her. She smiled and nodded.

He hugged her again, now, tighter. She returned the hug.

After a short while, both released the hug. Both stared lovingly at each other and smiled. He grabbed her hand and took her center stage.

He sighed. “One day, we’ll perform together on a stage like this.”

She furrowed her brows. “We already did,” she said, confused.

“Ani, I want to perform with you,” he confessed to her. Her brows were still furrowed.

“I want to have a duet with you, that’s one of my dreams,” he continued.

She bit her bottom lip. That would truly be a dream come true for both of them. She pouted thinking that won’t happen anytime soon yet.

“We’ll make it happen,” he expressed, as if reading her mind.

She smiled and nodded. “Someday!”

“Yaksok,” both chorused and made a pinky promise.

“I put my heart into your hands
Learn the lessons you teach” he started singing out to her. He held her hand and bro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter