Nothing Like Us

Precious Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The walk was unusually long and quiet. A lot of stuff were bugging her. What if we get caught? What if a news breaks out? He’ll be in trouble! Worse, she’ll be the reason why he’ll be in danger.

Her brows furrowed as she felt him stop in his tracks. He was still holding her hand tight, fingers intertwined. She looked around, they had already arrived in her dorm. With all those thoughts, she didn’t even feel the distance they had walked.

“Geokjeongma,” she heard him. She lifted her head up and a smile was plastered on his face. She knew he was also worried about what happened earlier but he was more worried about her.

“Nothing will go wrong,” he held her face to make her look at him. Sincerity was all over his eyes. A smile then slowly appeared on her lips.

“There you go,” he held her chin. “You’re way prettier when you’re smiling,” he complimented. This made her pout.

He suddenly gave her a peck on the lips. This caught her by surprise.

“Yah!” she exclaimed.

“Pout more then I’ll steal more kisses!” he told her playfully. She squinted her eyes at his statement.

“I’m serious,” the tone of his voice changed. She knew he was dead serious. It may have been a joke to somebody else but it was his way of comforting her.

He was the type to do everything to comfort and make her smile when she wasn’t feeling really good rather than keeping quiet.

She gave him a genuine smile. Yet, he still stole another peck from her. “Yah!” she complained. “You said, you’ll only steal kisses when I pout!” she continued.

“I’m your namchin,” he stated, shrugging his shoulders. She glared at him.

He pulled her into a tight hug which she also returned. “Please do me a favor?” he requested.

She loosened the hug to see his face. “Mwo?” she asked.

“Don’t think about anything tonight, I need you to get some rest,” he commanded.

She bit her bottom lip, she wasn’t sure if she could do that. She wasn’t the type to overthink but after what happened earlier, it was difficult not to think of a lot of things.

He pulled her closer, tightened the hug and held the back of her head. “Everything will be fine,” he whispered, she nodded. This somehow cleared her mind. His power over her was impressive. He always knew how to make her feel better.

After a minute in that position, she loosened the hug. “Chalja,” she told him. He nodded at her and smiled.

She stepped towards the dorm but he just won’t let go of her hand. She faced him and signaled him to let go of her hand. He just widened his eyes, acting clueless. She glared at him.

He heaved a deep sigh and let go of her hand slowly, releasing one intertwined finger at a time. She just giggled inwardly at his actions. She, too, didn’t feel like letting him go.

As soon as he had completely let go of her hand she took a step towards the dorm when she felt him hold her hand again and grabbed her closer to him. She closed her eyes as she felt his lips pressed on her forehead.

 

 

 

She laid on her bed slowly. She had changed into her jammies already. She sighed thinking about what may happen in the future. She closed her eyes slowly, hoping she could fall asleep easily.

After a few minutes, she turned to her right and stared blankly into the wall. Is he already asleep? She turned to her left again.

She took her phone from her bedside table to look at the time. 30 minutes. It had been 30 minutes already but sleep just didn’t visit her yet.

She opened her messenger and started typing. ‘Are you already asleep?’ ani! If she send this, she’ll get a good scolding from him for sure. She bit her bottom lip and tried to erase the message but instead she hit send.

“Andwae!” she blurted out but immediately covered . Her roommates had been long asleep and she didn’t want to wake them up.

She smacked her head after realizing she had really sent it. Aigoo! Just go to sleep!

She was startled when she felt her phone vibrated. He was calling. She was unsure if she should answer it or not. Well, she could pretend she was already asleep and tell him it was an accident the next day. Who are you kidding? He would never buy that! She mentally scolded herself.

She sighed and just answered the call. “You promised you’d sleep early,” this welcomed her. She closed her eyes, preparing for more scolding. But instead she heard a hearty laughter from him. She slowly opened her eyes one by one.

“What do you want me to do for you to fall asleep?” he asked.

“Mwo?” she asked, clarifying what she just heard.

“Do you want me to sing for you?” he asked again. She eagerly nodded as if he could see her. She heard him laugh again. It was amazing how he could read her.

“Lately I've been thinkin',

Thinkin' bout what we had,

I know it was hard,

It was all that we knew, yeah”

 

She bit her bottom lip, the lyrics were sad. She knew he was also affected with what happened earlier and what may happen in the future a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter