Chapter 7

Unbreakable Bond (ot9)

"What? You'll go to my school?" I just got downstair when mom told me the news. "Yeah, we want to support our daughter. Seeing you singing is a once in a life time." Mom said making me chuckle little. It's also once in a lifetime that they'll go to my school and it's all because of that freaking performance but as soon as i realize how they wear such things, i frown.

"But... You'll show up in my school with that stuffs in your faces? masks and glasses? No way." No, they better be in here if they'll just wear weird stuffs. Yeah, they are wearing some disguise clothes, the same wearings when aunt went to my school. Odd family.

In this 14 years of mine breathing in the world, this is the first time they'll come to my school and it's all because of me singing infront of everyone---but nevermind about that if they'll just wear those things in school, ok?

"So? Should we go now?" Dad asked with a geek glass making me sigh. Damn, no choice. This is hella great morning, isn't it?

We were riding in mom's car when i thought of aunt soojung. It is odd that she didn't came for breakfast this morning? I fished out my phone from my blazer's pocket and starts dialing her number. After some rings, the phone was answered and it is kinda curious after hearing an unfamiliar voice. "Hello?" My right eyebrow raised after hearing the other line. I even checked if i dial the right number but, it's aunt's number so... How come a guy's voice answered my phone.

"Is Jung soojung there?" I asked. "Oh, it was you, Ice! soojung is sleeping right now and sorry if i can't wake her for you--- you know how hard to wake them up. Anyway, I'll just tell her once she wake----" the voice stopped and then i heard aunt's voice. "Yah, jongin-ah, who are you talking to?" I heard aunt's voice with a bedroom voice, i suplosed, she already woke up? "Ah! It's icey! Here---" and then the guy's voice was cut again by aunt's high pitch voice. "Damn it! Jongin! Why the hell pick up?" And then the call ended.

My curiousity kicks again after the call ended. My mind is full of whys again. Why is aunt in a room with a guy? Why is she sleeping with a guy? Who is jongin? Does mom know this? I shook my head because of the stress building up inside myself. I sigh after having a mental breakdown. i need to know everything. This is already enough.

I lead mom and dad to the music hall and still, my thought didn't leave me even a second. I shook my head for the second time before entering the hall and look at here, guys, The music hall was already filled with fans and teachers. Some boys and girls have banners with the next generation's names. They are seriously no joke in this school, afterall. It's just amazing how i got to a group who's so famous in the campus. I must be lucky.

"Wow. What a crowd we have in here." Mom stated as i find them seats near the stage. When i got them settled, i told them that i should be already in the backstage, they just nod so and told me to go on already. I ran towards the backstage just to see these four members wearing some earpieces. Kpop stars, eh? Do they really need to wear earpieces in this place? Are they that popular to not hear the music? Duh. It's just a school, for god's sake.

"Hey! Wear this or you'll regret it." Stephen told me as he hand me a pair of a wireless white pink earpieces. I was already cool about the color and such but i still refuse to use that. "I don't wear those kind of stuffs." I told him as i turn to the big mirror on my left to check myself.

Yes,  im still going to perform for the group even if aunt already told me not to. Well, i never follow aunt anyway. But seriously, i will still be a part of this group, whatever happens.

About the song i rehearsed with kyungsoo oppa and jongdae oppa, i'll cut that out. Well, i will sing solo but the song we agreed on was canceled. And it was canceled by me--- i just want to sing 'missing you like crazy', a kim taeyeon's. Well, i did some research about her carreer since i knew her already.  Even tho her group already disbanded, almost all of the members are still active in that industry like being radio dj and acting in some dramas. Taeyeon is an ost queen from what i remember. She doesn't do interviews anymore, she just really do soundtracks.

After some secondsof waiting inside the backstage, we got in stage and yes! Im regretting not wearing one of those earpieces. , my ing eardrum hurts. 10x than aunt and mom's high pitch voice. The whole music hall was filled with screams! ty voices of girls fangirling over these guys and manly growls over these two girls here. Indeed, they are famous in the campus.

I saw mom and dad not that far from the stage. It's just weird how they don't cover their ears because of the noise around them. They are not even reacting about the noises around them as if they are already immune with the fangirlings and fanboyings of everyone.

The song started making me snap out to reality. We started to sing and everyone has this fan chant that seriously is loud. I can't even hear the music making it harder for me to sing some high notes--- i don't even know if im at the right timing.

The song ended and we bowed. The audience applaused with some screams, of course. Well, they are not screaming for me but for these guys im with. Minhyul introduced me as the new member of the group. Some are saying that im not good for it but some are ok with it---well, i don't care about their opinions anyway because for sure, this is my first and last performance as next generation member, i hate how hard their dances are. I was breathing heavily when i meet dad's eyes, he was glaring at everyone on the stage as if something bad is happening and it's just giving me an awkward feeling. What's with dad? 

Aftee singing with the next generation, it's now my turn for singing solo. Well, i don't care about the freaking crowd, i just want to do this quickly. Im not doing this for fame, anyway. Im just doing this for the ing punishment. Tch, that doorknob . I will never forget that door. This all happen because of that . After singin the song, i then walked towards the corridor and saw mom hurrying over me. Dad got my arms making me stop from walking away. I faced them and grabbed their hands. I already want to go home, im already tired... And lazy.

"C'mon mom, dad, my work here is already done. Let's go now." I told them but they just laugh at me. "Dear, you did great. That was an awesome performance. I almost thought it's your mom who's singing. Same aura, same face, same voice--- i-i just got goosebumps." Dad's compliment.

"Yeah, well, kyungsoo and jongdae did well, huh? Anyway,what song is that? It's kinda familiar in my ears." Mom said making me laugh. It is funny how she is fangirling over taeyeon. Well, it would be really familiar for her since that song came from 15 or.. 17 years ago? It was mom's era when she is still fangirling over kpop groups so for sure, she knows it. "It's missing you crazy, sang by the ost queen, kim taeyeon." I stated with a smile but what i expect mom's expression didn't came. I thought she'll even smile more but her smile starts to fade. Mom got this serious aura while dad suddenly starts to panic, can't look at me nor mom and sweat more than ever--- he must be hiding something, for sure.

I was about to ask about the sudden atmosphere when i heard footsteps and screams of the next generation. damn, they found me.

"Yah! I knew it, your voice seriously kills!" Stephen said as he show me his eyesmile. "Unnie! You did great! You are indeed our new member!" Minhyul then added and after that, they stated more compliements that is too exagge and of course, taehyun is just standing there with cross arms like as usual,arrogant.

After some minutes of their nonstop compliments, i heard mom's small laugh making us stop.  "Oh? Did i disrtube? Sorry, just go on with your talk, cuties." From mom, my eyes went to see dad's reaction and still, his eyes is still avoiding mine. I can still see how he can't look at me even if he have those masks and glasses.

"Oh, sorry for not noticing you mrs. and mr. but... If im not mistaken, you're ice's parents, aren't you?" Stephen asked. Mom nodded but dad, dad is now glaring at the four. Damn, he is jinda embarrasing.

"You're next generation, right? Ice's friends?" Mom asked with enthusiasm on her face. "Yes, ma'am. Im Choi Minhyul, that girl is Lau Sungjoong and those two guys are stephen horvejkul and byun taehyun." Minhyul intruduced as she points out the guys.

"Horvejkul, eh? It's somewhat familiar... Well anyway, you guys looked like girls' generation's, huh?! Choi minhyul? You do remind me of kwon yuri's face! Same for you sungjoong, you really look like sunny and stephen and taehyun? You look like byun baekhyun's and nichkhun's who are linked with the snsd members. Yah! Ice-ah! You've got friends that are really cool!" Mom said making me laugh inside. Dang mom, you are slowpoke, seriously! How can you not get it when it is already stated? Duh.

Sungjoong whispered something to minhyul. Maybe because minhyul even stated their surnames making them more obvious.

"Sooyeon-ah." Dad uttered but mom just laugh. "C'mon, it's true, yi fan. Look at them, they do really have the faces of kpop idols. Wait, you guys! Don't tell me, you're really their sons and daughters?" Mom asked making the four of them gulp. That made me think that mom is seriously into kpop when she's on her high school or maybe on her late 20's since she knows so much about that industry. I can sense mom's seriousness with her words even if she still has does disguise thingy... Wait?! Why are they even doing diguise? Tch. Weirdos.

But what made me think deep is when i saw dad in my peripheral vision, he gulped as he look nervously to the four guys. They have masks and glasses but still, i can tell how nervous is dad right now.

Stephen was about to say something when mom cut him with her laughter. Why is she laughing her out when she just gave a serious look earlier? "Oh god! If you only see your faces! You were scared as hell but to tell you guys, in just joking earlier. Duh? Girls' generation having daughters and sons?! They make more fame not kids!" Mom said with teary eyes, over joyed, tsk.

"Aist. I thought we're already caught. Good thing she's slow poke." I heard taehyun whisperes throught the air making me glare at him.

Slow poke,eh? True, mom is sometimes slow pokes---sigh--- ok fine! Mom is slowpoke all the time but still! He's talking about my mom!

"Sica!" Dad uttered and i can sense how piss dad is that time making my eyes smaller. What's with dad? Why is he suddenly pissed?

"Sica?" I heard minhyul uttered as if she was reminded by someone. "I-ice,lets's already go home." Dad said and grabbed me on my wrist and pulled me to the parking lot.

What the is wrong with dad, right now?!

***

Im at my room right now. Lying on my comfortable and soft bed. Searching for some new songs at some websites when dad suddenly got in my room. I even joked on him about not knocking on the door but his serious looks never changed.

I sat at my bed as what dad do as well. I can sense something is off. Dad might tell me something bad but from what i remember,i didn't do things that are bad---well except for the fact that i break a 'doorknob' at the school.

"Ice, listen to me and please,just... Do what i say,ok?" Dad said in a calm tone. He breath deeply as if he was doing a life surviving competition--wait, where did that come from?

"So here's the thing, dear. The next generation... Do you know that taehyun is a product of an exo member and an snsd member? That Stephen is a product of a 2pm member and a snsd member? That sungjoong is a daughter of a suju member and a snsd member? That, that minhyul is choi minho's ans kwon yuri's?" Dad asks making my eyes narrowed. What's with dad? How did he know such things?

"How did you knew things?"

"Honey, listen first. I know this hurts for you since they are your friends and they acompany you for your first day, yesterday but..." Dad sigh as if he can't explain things to me and yes, i can't understand things. "But daughter, you being a member of next generation or even becoming their friend is not good for you nor for them." He stated.

I gave dad a serious look, the same he has. "Give me a reason, just one bad reason that can make me not hate you and betray you, dad." I told dad. I know im being rude but damn! They are also not respecting my decisions in life! Even my friends, seriously?

"Daughter, you can be friends with anyone you like except for that group. Please, just do what i said, dear." Dad said in a calm tone making me avoid glance. No! I can't fall for dad's eyes. I know how he can manipulate me with just those eyes.

"No... No! They are my only friends, dad! I want them to be my friends and you can't do anything about it!" I shouted as i burst out. No! I don't want to be manipulated again! I was once manipulated by them, when we got here in korea, when they told me not to tell anyone that their names are jung jessica and my dad's english name! I followed them---but that's enough! They can't get my friends out, now. That is already enough! Tch. I already look stupid for not knowing anything. Aish. Don't they know how i feel stupid and i idiot for not knowing anything about my family?!

"Damn it... Ice, don't make it hard for dad. Im just doing this for your own sake and for your mom's too! You can't be friends with those guys!" Dad said with a pissed tone but i can still see how he tries to calm himself.

"Tell me, how the hell this affect mom? How the heck you knew them? And why the heck are you telling me to stay away from them?!" I shouted as i go away from my bed where dad is sitting.

"Dang, Ice! They are the next generation! Just stay away from them because they are the next generation! "