Chapter 4

Unbreakable Bond (ot9)

"Good afternoon, i'm Ice Wu's mom. Sorry if im late." Ok! That's it! Her tone and her face says it all! She's seriously not cool about me being her 'daughter'.

Well, who would like to have an instant daughter, anyway?

"Good afternoon too, Mrs. Wu. Im sorry if i disturbed you but i have something to tell you." Blah blah blah... I didn't care that much about their meeting. What i only know is, aunt soojung is pissed right now.

Yes, she went here to my school as my mom. I was also surprised seeing her here and introducing her self as my mom. It was so unexpected. But one thing is for sure, she'll tease me about this, afterwards.

But what's odd is... She's wearing a black mask covering her nose and mouth, she also have this nerd glasses and a baseball hat. She's seriously odd. Even the teacher herself was creeped out with aunt's wearing.

"Oh? So ice is new here in our school, i didn't see that coming but... The thing is, school rules are school rules, no exceptions so we need to discipline you're daughter, Mrs." I saw a formation of a smirk in aunt's lips. Now she's enjoying this.

"Is that so? It's ok for me. Sometimes, we really need to discipline our daughters." Aunt said as she look at me, flashing her evil grin to me.

"For now, the punishment we can only give is a performance for tomorrow program." The smirk aunt have turned to a frown. She faced the teacher and asked "What?... That's too easy for a wu yi fan and jessica jung's daughter"

I was then smirk at her as if i won. "I'll take the punishment since sometimes, you guys really need to discipline us, students." I said with a smirk. I heard aunt hissed.

"I'll do the performance with the next generation since im already part of it." i said that made the old ladies drop their jaws. Maybe, next generation is seriously big in this campus that even this teacher is in awe just after hearing their name. About aunt being jawdrop, i don't know why. I don't think she even know that next generation.

"Next generation?" I heard aunt whispered as if she's nervous or worried making it more odd. She saw me looking at her with a curious expression making her smile at me awkwardly.

Something's off. They're hiding something from me, im pretty sure...

And because of curiousity, i'll know it. Hah! Im Ice wu, did they forgot that when i want, i will do anything just to get it. And this time, i'll know what i want to know.

"Seriously, Ice?! First day of school and you already had a record?! Wow. You are really one of a kind." She said as she shook her head in disbelief. We're on the corridor walking when this ahjumma burst out.

"Tsk! I can't believe i became your mother." She said as if she's dusguisted. "Well, thank you for being my mother. Tch, anyway, my real mother, where is she right now?"

"Actually, she was about to go here to see your teacher when an emergency stuff got to her office. That's when she called me saying that if i can be her substitute. Awesome, isn't it?" Aunt said in a sarcastic tone making me hissed.

"Anyway, about... Next generation. Who are they?" Aunt suddenly changed the mood to serious when she asked that. "Next generation? They are the--" i was about to tell her that they are the next generation of girls' generation when i remembered stephen saying that that's a secret.

"Well, they are... My new set of friends." I said--- knew it, im still great at lying. Aunt was about to ask something again when the bell rang. Wow? Save by the bell, eh?

"I'll go now, aunt. I don't want to be late in my next subject." I said before leaving her in the corridor.

The whole time the teachers are teaching, i was just in my own world. Thinking about dad, mom and even aunt. This past few days, they are seriously odd. Going out with a mask? Even our car is already tinted. And when i said tinted, it's seriously tinted as if the car is for celebrity.

"Hey, spacing out?" Stephen asked making me go back to the reality. Yeah, stephen and taehyun are my classmate and also seatmate. Im in the middle of these two guys and every girl in the room are glaring at me like im a .

Damn, if i can only slap them each one.

After the hell hours--- school hours, we go straight to taehyun's house for the practice. We rode to his own van. A van which is also hard tinted, his parents maybe owned this before. His parents were celebrities, so for sure they did used this before.

His house was huge... But not that huge as ours. Just walking inside the house will make you in awe. It's tidy and trophies and medals are around the house. So they're family is no joke afterall?

Exo and girls' generation are seriously no joke after all? They must be really legendary even if they are already old.

We went to their music room, it was a big space for us to practice. We decided to perform an exo's song, their debut track which is mama. The freaking dance steps are harder than i thought. And freaking song is seriously high! Taehyun, Stephen and i became the main vocalist, minhyul became the main rapper while sungjoong is the main dancer.

I texted mom that i'll be late going home and she then told me that aunt will fetch me up later if i'll be going home. Im still not familiar with the roads here so i really need someone to fetch me.

"Let's take a break first." Stephen stated making all of us sat at the floor. Darn it, i seriously need air right now.

Greatfully, mom's asthma didn't passed to me or else, im dead by now. Yes, mom has an asthma. She can handle it well, i almost thought that she doesn't have that, there's only one time when she cried so much that we even got her to hospital because she can't breath well. If im right, i was 3 or 4 years old that time.

"Hey, you did well. Can't believe you have a very angelic voice." Stephen told me making me smile. I just thanked him for the compliment.

"Taehyun!--- oh you have your friends here." A lady opened the door of the practice room. All of them then stood up and race to the lady. The hugged them and chat with her.

I just stood up, waiting her to look at me so that i can bow to her. Long Black straight hair, she's just (from my point of view)  maybe 5'1? She has this light make up emphasizing her eyes. I supposed, she's the mother of taehyun? The girls' generation leader?

She glanced at me and that's when i bowed. I dont know why but i think she's in shock seeing me? Does she know me?

"Oh! Aunt, she's Ice Wu. The new member of next generation. She transfered from San fransisco." Minhyul introduced me to taehyun's mom. I smiled and bow for the second time. Still, she's in awe. Puzzled, i can see it in her face... But why?

"O-oh? Nice meeting you." She said and then smiled at me. I smiled at her but then i felt some familiarity with her. I think, i saw her before... I just don't know where.

"Ice wu? Destined..." I heard her whispered but i just didn't bother to ask her about that. She's just weird, maybe.

"Im Kim taeyeon, taehyun's mom." She said as she hand me her hand.

"It's first time that you had a member that's not a girls' generation daughter or son, eh?" She asks.

"Yeah, but aunt, she has this soft and angelic voice. If only you can hear." Sungjoong said proudly making taeyeon laugh.

"A soft and angelic voice? You realy remind me of someone. Someone who i used to be close." She said in a low tone as she look at me in straight in my eyes. I saw a sad emotions coming from it.

Wait. What's with the atmosphere all of a sudden? Why so serious?

"Eyes that is colder than ice, voice that is as fragile as glass... Angelic and soft voice when singing. It's really great to reminisce." The fudge? She is so weird. It's making me creep out.

"Mom, is that you? You're seriously weird right now." Taehyun told her mom. Her mom chuckled and face his son.

"It's just that, she really looks like someone... Someone that i betrayed. Someone that i used to hate and someone who used to be one of my sisters." She stated.

"Wait, aunt, are you talking about the member that was kicked out by your company. The former member of your group?" Stephen asked. "How did you know?" She asked.

"We researched about your group, mom. You were once 9 membered group but because of some conflicts with the company, it was then decided that, that member should depart. Tell me, that hurts for you as a group right?" Taehyun asked her mom. She then gave a bitter smile and said, "the company didn't do anything. Infact, i decided that she should be kicked out. I told the company to kick her out from the group and yes, it hurts like hell."