Chapter 29

Unbreakable Bond (ot9)

Because of what happened earlier, i decided to cut classes. I want to rest and relax. I want to think about something over and over again. I was about to leave the front of our school when i realize that i got no cellphone in my pouch. Damn, i forgot it at home or maybe i left it in mom's car?---ah! Im so forgetful!

Now, how would i contact cyrus?! Tch. I was about to go back to our house when i saw one of my schoolmate looking at me. It's the school's nerd, Lee Yoon Seung. She was known for being a mix of an emo and a nerd. I know, it's scary mix but i do bully her, im older than her by one year so.... it's ok.

Ah! If you're confuse why the hell our school have bunch of koreans then it's because this school is for international students only. It specialize international students like from china, japan, korea and whatever. 

"Yah, nerd!" I shouted. She then saw me. I sign her to come closer to me. She gave me a blank stare as she walk closer to me----tss, she's a real weirdo. "Yah, Yoon Seung, tell Cyrus that i'll go straight to her house after class hours." I told her and then leave her there. 

I went straight to starbucks, near our school. I ordered a frappe and waited for it while im spacing out. After minutes, my frappe was all ready. I started sipping it while thinking about what mom said. Im starting to think of fixing them again but aunt taeng kneeling keeps flashing back inside my mind. Tss, this is bad.

I shook my head. No, i should not enter their fight again. I should keep my words. It's mom's time for regreting. Mom should do her part, fixing with her sisters, not asking for anyones help----wait, when did mom asked for help anyway?

That's right, i don't have the rights to clash on their things. I was spacing out for minutes when i suddenly saw something i hate so much. Damn, im hallucinating an evil person...it's taehyun, of course. Why am i seeing him when it's still not 3am?!

He was walking from the cashier to a table---that's when i realize im not hallucinating. The whole next generation was sitting and chatting at a table. I tried to blink many times just to see if im just really hallucinating but damn! It's true. They are here. I suddenly felt excitement.

I stood up with the frappe in my hands. As i got closer, i hear their conversation, it was about malls. I guess, they bought things from other places malls. There's a vacant seat but it was in the middle of taehyun and stephen. Damn, i don't want to seat with taehyun but no choice. I rudely disturbed their conversation by pulling that chair and sitting on it. I crossed my legs under the table, lean on the chair, "long time no see" and then sip my frappe. They were in awe seeing me, seconds has been consumed before they realize that it was me.

"Yah! Ice!" Stephen yelled and then stood up. He faced me and then hugged me tight. I was totally shocked, he just hugged me for god's sake! I was frozen in my seat. Sh*t!

He hugged me for seconds before he let me live again. He went to his seat and sat on it while smiling on me widely. "Yah! How come you're here?!" Stephen asked making me laugh. I'll just leave that awkward feeling of mine where it should be. "Im the one who should ask that tho." I stated while smiling at the two girls who's smiling at me widely.

"The two girls loved to shop so we did buy some things in the mall. It's their first time here in California so they were excited." Stephen said. "Ah, really? But, why are you here?" I asked. "Umma have a concert the next they after tomorrow. They'll fly here tomorrow but we decided to come first to enjoy the America, unnie." sungjoong answered politely, as always.

"Ah! Unnie, do you know that the three of us, sungjoong, me and taehyun oppa, it's our first time flying in a plane! It's really awesome and the foods is seriously awesome too!" Minhyul said as she give me a smile. Psh, look at her talking about foods when she's so skinny. Aigoo, this kid is really...

"Aish. No need to tell her about that." Taehyun hissed. Tch, what a menopausal guy we have here, everyone. "Sorry for not keeping my promise, touring you in a plane." I told him with a smirk. He suddenly gave me a weird look. I guess, he forgot it, already.

Well, he can really forgot it when we're just 4 or maybe 5 year old that time. It's just cool that i knew him beforehand. It's funny how we use to be friends before when now, we hate each other so much.

"What are you talking about?" Stephen asked making me chuckle, "Nothing. So, where are we again?" I asked to change the topic.

"Ah, if that's the case. Maybe i can brought something up?" Stephen's words making me feel nervous. "What is it?" I asked. "To be honest, we are finding you in this city, ice." My eyebrows arked. I knew this.

"Why?" I asked. "The operation, it's still not finish, you forgot?" I laugh at taehyun's word. He is getting a good humor, huh? "It's already finish---" taehyun cut my words suddenly, "No. We just failed the first plan but we still have other plans, right?" He asked desperately making me laugh. He's talking nonsense. " off, byun taehyun. Didn't you see what happened last time?! Is that not enough for us to stop?! Didn't you see how your mom kneeled infront of my mom? Didn't you see how everyone cried and felt pain again?!" I told him but look at him closing his ears. "No! I can't continue doing plans if that's what i'll just see!" I told him in a serious tone. He can't argue with my words that made him shut up.

"Are we even sure that... That it will happen again?" Sungjoong stated making us turn to her. "We don't know if your mom changed her mind. We don't know..." Sungjoong said but i answered, "And if it's still like that?" Sungjoong didn't answered again. "Ice, please don't be like that. We need to finish what we started." Stephen said in a desperate tone. "No, Stephen. We didn't started this---we didn't started anything because what we did is just another chapter of their fight. They started this, it's just right that they finish this theirselves." Their jaw dropped at my words.

"A-are you saying that..." Minhyul can't even complete her statement because of disbelief. "Yes, i already i gave up. We already did our part. We tried but mom don't want so i think, it's our time to step out from this war." I stated and still, our table was filled with silence. I laughed, "Don't be like that, you can still continue the plan anyway. It's just that, im not part of the plan, anymore." I stated, trying to encourage them though i don't really like the idea of a part 2 of this operation.

"You're talking nonsense." So do you, taehyun. I want to say that to his face but i decided to shut up. Im too lazy to start a fight again. "Actually, mom and i talked." I supposed, they should know about our conversation this morning. "She said that she's already believing everything and she's already regretting what she did." Everyone in the table was confused, "then why are you still being like this? What is this, a drama? Tch." Taehyun hissed. I smile bitterly, "No. This is not drama. Im just keeping my words." I said with a smirk.

"I guess, it's my time to keep my words. I already gave up and that's final...even if mom beg me. It's her time to regret, it's her time to realize what she did wrong. It's her time to cry for being a stupid. I hope, this will be a lesson for mom, that sometimes, she should also break promises and words." Am i being rude and harsh, again?  "Actually, it's not just my mom who's in fault in this situation. It's also the eight ahjumma's. If they just told mom earlier, if they just explained earlier then there's no fight like this! Everything is already too late, everyone now have to feel the pain and have to regret again." I said and then had a sip of my frappe.

"Nonsense. Absurd. Stupidiness." Taehyun suddenly spoke in the middle of the silence making us look at him. He is looking at me while giving me his serious look. What the did he just said? "You're just the same as your mom..." My eyes narrowed at his statement.

"It's your time to keep your words?---if im not mistaken, that's also what your mom said, 15 years ago when she was kicked out by the group. After 15 years, she realized that she was wrong and everything is now too late. Do you want to repeat every wrong move your mom, did?" Now he's confusing me more. "Let me simplify this. Do you want to regret what you are doing right now after 15 years..like your mom?" And why would i regret this?!

"You will say words and then swear that you'll stick to it and then after years, you'll realize how wrong your words are. That's when you are going to regret. Tell me, Ice Wu, Do you want to have the same fate as your mom? That those nine ahjummas will never be fixed until their deaths because of just a mistake...and was followed by another mistake...and another one. A simple mistake got bigger and bigger because of the chain-mistakes." i was left in awe with his words. The whole table was left with silence again. I never thought about that. Never.

I sighed. 

I'll be honest, his statements made me think twice. His statements starts convincing me.

But they should fix it theirselves, right?

"If we don't fix them, who will fix them? Theirselves?---yah, ice wu! If will wait for them to fix their own bond.... Then, decades will be consumed once more."

I smirked. I had deep breath before standing up and stretching. The four guys was looking at me as stand up. "What are you doing? Stand up already!  We still have to plan things, right?"  I said in the middle of my small laugh. Their eyes shinned and that made me shook my head.

"Never thought that next generation will be a great thinker, eh?"