Chapter 18

Unbreakable Bond (ot9)

TAEHYUN'S

"Yah, Taehyun-ah, is there any problem?" I snap back to reality after hearing appa's voice. Oh, i was spacing out again... While in the middle of our dinner. Aigoo, Taehyun. Appa and umma is here today eating with you and here you are, thinking of something else!

Appa is still promoting as an exo member also, he does acting making himself busier. That's why he still stay in their dorm with the other members. Appa just visits us once a week or if he is really busy, once in a month. Mom? She's always home or if not, she's with aunt fany. She does recording sometimes but she still stay home since girls' generation already disbanded, long time ago. She still sang for kdramas but never wants to face cameras again so after their disbandment, her face was never shown in television again.

"Is it about chics or girls? If it is,i can help you." I flicked at sudden statement of appa. Umma was stopped eating after hearing appa, umma frown and gave appa a hit in the head. It's a hard one for sure, hearing the impact of umma's hand landing to appa's head, for sure it's a hard one.

"Stop it, you gay." Umma uttered while glaring at appa. Appa then hissed as he pat his head where mom's hand landed. "Taehyun, is there any problem?" Umma turn to me and then asked in a worried tone making me chuckle a bit.

Should i ask her? Well, it's not because im curious about it but because, i just want to know what's her reason for badmouthing our moms. Even stephen, minhyul and sungjoong are affected by her sudden change. The hype of those three lost after what happened to ice. Yes, they are kinda gloomy these days.

"Umma..." I uttered. Damn, why am i nervous? Tsk. Of course, i should be nervous because i might hit a spot. I know how the eight of them wants to avoid these kind of questions. "What is it? Just tell me already, you're making me nervous." Mom said as she smile and look at the food infront of her.

I took a deep breath before asking it, "W-why did the nine... became eight?" I asked while grabing my chopsticks tigher. I gulped and look down at my food. I heard mom's chuckle, i know it's a bitter laugh, i just know. "I never thought you will ask me that. You do like her a lot, eh? Aigoo, if we can just really do the fixed marriage between the two of you. Hahah..."

My eyebrow raised at her sudden statement. What? I like her? Tch. I hate her, ok? And what again? Fixed marriage? Woah! So they had a talk before about me and that arrogant girl getting married? Oh no... "It's not like what you think mom! I don't like her. Stephen---"

"To save her." She cut my words by saying those. But what the heck? My eyes narrowed at mom's words. T-to save her? Who?

She gave me a bitter smile, "Yes, it's intentional. It's true that we kicked her out. About your question why the nine became eight? Simply because we wanted to save her and if we will be brought back to that day..."

"We will still have the same decision. We will still choose her. We will still save her even if it will hurt...again and again."

ICE'S

"Hey mom, you've got busier, eh?" I asked while im putting my seatbelt on. Mom's just about to drive me to school. Mom then smiled at me and said, "I need to fix things regarding blanc's branch here in korea." I just nod, "i guess, there's too much problem for you not to be home for three days straight.  Do you even bath?" Yeah, she's being workaholic these past few days.

"It's an ASAP things, Ice. We're going back to America next week so im already fixing things ASAP." My jaw dropped after hearing that. Now, this is unexpected. "What do you mean going back to America?" I asked, dropped jaw.

"I already asked your tyler oppa to fix your school papers for transfering back to your old school in U.S. and yes, dear, we are going back to our land. I guess, we really have no place here in Korea to stay." Mom said as she sigh and give me a weak smile.

I supposed, it's still about girls' generation. She wants no war anymore so she's just running away. Well,i guess, what she is doing is right.

"Ah! I remember, i already paid your ticket for your school fieldtrip." My smile then turned to a frown. "Seriously, mom?! You know field trip is not my style! I will rather sleep than going to those educational s." I said and roll my eyes. I even might die in a fieldtrip because of boredome. "Just go for it. Atleast, you can explore how beautiful korea before leaving." Explore? That fieldtrip is just here in seoul. Bruh?

To be honest,i don't know what to feel about leaving korea. I know, i can't eat spicy foods and i can't still adopt their culture that well so i should be happy to fly back to where i belong---but... I still have some true friends here.

***

The bell rang and everyone starts to run towards their rooms for not to be late well,except me. I don't run no matter what. Mom taught me that i should never run even if im already late, im still late anyway. It's her motto so i adopted it.

I arrived at my room 10minutes late and look at our teacher, our SUBTITUTE TEACHER. He is really waiting for me to come, huh? He is wearing a 'not-so-good-morning-face'. As if, he's morning is not really great. He looks grumpy  eh?

"15 minutes late?" He asked with a one eyebrow raised. I just ignored him since im not in the mood to have a little fight with him and take note! He is over reacting! Im just late for 10 minutes.

"Yah, Ice Wu! Im talking to you." I sigh as i turn to face him. I gave him a board look, "what?"

"Im asking why are you late?" I sigh for the second time. If this is his way to mock me,then it's not working because im not in the mood. "What do you care?" I just blurt out making everyone in gasp. I went straight to my seat and i just remember, taehyun is my seatmate for ing god's sake.

I saw how our subtitue teacher just shook his head and tried to calm himself. I guess, he's not in a good mood today? I decided to just sleep in his class since im already fluent in english but then,

"Y-yah..." . Taehyun is ing pissing me. What's with this guy?! "Yah!" He said as he poke me on my shoulder. I sigh. Calm down and just ignore him, Ice. Just don't talk to him and just ignore him. He'll be tired for sure---"yah, are you ignoring me?" He asked in a whispering tone making me hit the table hard and glare at him. I said, im not in the mood, already!

"Damn it, Byun! Im not in the mood for your ing things!" I yelled. Everyone then starts looking at our direction. Taehyun starts to get red, he is also angry. Well, i don't ing care.

"The two of you, get out." I turn to face our subtitute teacher. He is wearing a serious face. I hissed as i start to get out from the room. Taehyun also followed me outside the room since he is also told to.

I sigh as i clench my teeth. Im pissed. I just don't know why. Because im leaving korea? No, of course, it's not about that. Maybe, im just not really in the mood.

"This is your ing fault!" I shouted at him for the second time when we got out from the room. It's just odd how he is not yelling back at me nor arguing with me. He is trying to keep himself calm.

"Aish. Just listen to me, first! I'll tell you how they got to this point! I'll tell you what's the real reason why they kicked your mother out of the group---"

"Woah. Stop right there, Mr. Byun. Do you really think i'll listen to your story? I already know what's the real story! I suppose,you have your mom's version of the story. The version which the eight of them are the heroes--of course! And my mom? My mom is the villain, right?"

"Just listen to me---" He was shouting at me when he was cut off by our teacher. Mr. Cho is now looking at us, hearing our fight. He have this serious face and said, "I didn't told you to get out because i want you to proceed your fight. Just shut up, the both of you!" He said in a pissed tone. I dont know but... I think he is over reacting. Why is he so iritated this morning, anyway?

"And you, Mr. Byun, story telling is not for today nor for the rest of your life! So better, just keep it for yourself." He said in a sarcastic tone. I was about to think that he is just simply irritated by us because we keep bothering his class not until i realize what he said.

He knows something... That i maybe not know and i just hate it. It's just making me more and more mad because of it.

No way. There's no way that the story mom told me was a lie but with this, they are just simply telling me something is more than this.

I shook my head because of the thoughts. No. I knew everything already. There's no way, there's more than this.

***

It was the day of fieldtrip, Wednesday. Two more days and it will be saturday already and then sunday and then monday. Our flight will be on Monday so im pretty excited to leave this country. I have so many bad memories related to this country.

Mom drove me to school ground where busses are in everywhere. I was told to go to bus nine--- yes, nine. My hatest number, it's seriously ed, on all numbers, why nine, seriously?!

Now, im being paranoid. Tch.

I quietly rode the bus nine. Everyone is already in it, some are gigglings because of excitement while me? Im just board. This is a ing boaring trip for sure.

"Ice wu? Ah! Your seat number is 9, besides taehyun." I frown. Hearing that number plus that name makes me lose s. Why on earth im so unlucky?!

I don't know if Mr. Cho is just playing around or he is serious about this. From what i had heard from mom, he loves to tell mom about me and taehyun. He is sick to be honest.

I sat besides the window. I lean over the window and close my eyes. I'd rather sleep than listening to the tour guide. "I-ice... Let me talk to you." Ah ! How many times will he please me about his mother's ing story?

Im already irritated by him. I fished out my phone and my earphone. Full volume plus rock music equals peaceful life.

"Ice-ah!" I was awakened by a voice that seriously stings in my ears. "What the ?" I uttered as i stretch out. I look around and realize that im still on a fieldtrip.

"What the do you want?" I asked him as i start to go back on the dreamland. "It's already the fourth place we've been! Will you not still go around?" I hissed at Kyungsan's words. I rather sleep than walk around. "Yah, Ice wu!" He yelled for the second time. "Just go already if you have nothing to say!"

Taehyun, stephen and kyungsan are the only guys on the bus besides me. Are they waiting for me or what?

"Tch, let's just go around already, Stephen. Don't force her, she's a hard headed, you forgot?" I heard taehyun said before silence occured.

I guess, everyone already left the bus? That's a relief.

I was about to comeback to my dreamland when i suddenly felt going restroom. Ah ! Not now that im already too lazy!

Tch! .

I stood up and went around the place. I asked some people where the hell is the restroom and after doing my thing, i was about to go back to the bus when i saw taehyun standing right in front of the woman's washroom.

"What the are you doing here, byun?" I asked in an irritated tone. He sighed before answering,"I need to talk to you." He is seriously nuts! I already told him thousand times that i'll not listen to his ed up story!

"Enough of it. Please, let me just stay out of it,even just for one day." I told him before walking away from him. "Did you ever heard that you almost die because of your mom's preganancy?" I stopped at that moment. My heartbeat skipped a beat after hearing that. I suddenly felt something bad.

W-what does that mean?

Taeyeon's

I was cleaning the house since it's a free day for me. Trophies and picture frames were full of dust so it really needs cleaning. Since taehyun and baekhyun is not home---this is the best time for me cleaning the house. I was cleaning the house when i saw something on a cabinet. I stopped when i saw that picture. Of course, i still have a picture of us. The two of us together.

I suddenly had this bitter smile. Well, im not regretting anything---but i just miss her. Psh, if i just knew it would be like this...

Hahahah. But no, im not regretting anything. Even after we kicked her out---i never regret about it. It's our choice...our only choice, to start with.