Chapter 14

Unbreakable Bond (ot9)

"what are you doing here?" Uncle heechul asked while walking besides mom. Taehyun and i just follow the two since we are not familiar with the place. We are already inside the backstage and walking on the hallway. Some of the crew or staff seeing us is in awe. It's kinda burdening, actually. Why would they have that expression?

"Super junior, dbsk and f(x) had reunions so why not us?" Mom asked sarcastically. Heechul oppa gave mom a 'what-the--look', making me remember something. , maybe im really right... ---but no! There's no way. This world is to big for them to know each other...but why i am feeling this? Why am i nervous?

"No, Sica! You've got to kidding me." Uncle heechul stopped mom from walking by pulling her wrist. I was surprised at how heechul oppa reacted. Mom then laugh, "Im just kidding, chul-ah! Im just here to see my dongsaeng. Supporting my hoobaes is not bad, right?" Mom asked with a smile---i just don't know what's with that smile. Uncle Heechul gave mom a confused look. I guess, he is thinking mom is being herself again, weird. "Bye, heechul. We better go first since you should do your last rehearsal before crowd gets inside." Mom stated as she pat uncle's shoulder. I can see how worried uncle is. His eyes are telling mom something but i know that mom ignored that.

I followed mom as she starts to walk again, leaving behind uncle who is still in awe. "Is your mom an idol or what? How come she knew heechul hyung?" Taehyun asked. Oh, i almost forgot that we have a jerk with us. I didn't answered his questions since I don't even know what to say. "Uhm... Mrs. Wu, im better off now. I still need to see my mom." taehyun said making my mom nod. Taehyun then run off to a waiting room with a writing 'girls' generation' on it. The room is not that far from our place so i saw that but Mom didn't see how taehyun got inside the room because she's spacing out...again. But it's better that way...i guess?

I started to walk again with mom by my side and that's when she starts to ask things, "Is her mom a crew or a makeup artist?" Mom asked referring to taehyun. I just gave mom a blank stare. I don't think, answering her question will do better. "Hey, don't give me that look. You wanted to know the real us, right?" Mom asked with a smirk. My heart starts to pound faster. 'the real us'?

We entered a waiting room with 'f(x)' named in it. A ing mathematical expression for god damn's sake si i was about to ignore it when i remembered something. Why am i so nervous this night? Damn, i might have a heart attack any moment

I gulped after entering it and as expected, i saw aunt soojung inside with other four girls wearing makeups and stage outfits. "Kyaahh!! Unnie!!" The four girls welcomed mom with hugs and bows and of course, their loud noises. These girls are seriously no joke with their voices. "Unnie! It's been a long time!" The girl with a short hair said in a straight english. I guess, she's fluent with the language. Her style is kinda boyish making me thought she was a guy in first sight.

"Yeah, it really is. Anyway, this is Ice already." Mom said and that's when the four girls' turn to my side.They gave me a smile and starts to introduce theirselves to me. "Im Aunt Amber at your service." The boyish type said while giving me a salute. I just gave her a weak smile. It's kinda awkward. "Aunt Sullli here!" The girl who's height is no joke said as she wave her hand to me. I smiled and bowed my head. "Victoria umma is what they call me so...whatever you call me will do" then the girl with full bangs said. She looks like older or maybe...younger by some years mom---unlike her other members. I turned to the last girl when she suddenly spoke, "Wow, she's been taller than me, Im aunt Luna." She has a brown hair and... Yes, Im taller than her.

"Oh, she got it from kris. Anyway, how's life?" Mom asked excitedly. "We all are good, it's just really hard convincing your sister to perform for this reunion concert." Aunt victoria said while even acting as if she is really exhausted.

"Well, actually i was surprised when she told me about her appearance in this concert." Mom said making me confirm it. So it is true then? Damn, i never imagined aunt in this way. I turned to face aunt soojung who's sitting infront of a big mirror, a lady is doing her hair---more on doing a retouch on it. "Why are you again, wu sooyeon?"

Wow, it's just really awkward seeing her with stage outfit and makeup. She looks more beautiful and she looks more colder with her aura tonight. Damn,is this really aunt?! I don't want to believe this. Good thing im prepared for this shocking revelation. "Im better here than being left in thehouse with yi fan." Mom answered aunt soojung bitterly. Aunt soojung saw me looking at her intently--she saw my reflection on the mirror. I saw how a smirk formed in her lips making me avoid eye contact. She suddenly starts to mock me again "Startruck?" I hissed. I was about to believe her 'idol image', but not until she starts mocking and teasing me again. "It's not too late to backout, Ice. Im telling you, our secret will change your life." Aunt said and gave me a smirk. I suddenly got nervous with aunt's words. What does she mean by that? I thought, this is already their secret?!

"Taecyeon oppa is here with the whole 2pm to support the sment concert, Jaejoong oppa is also here with the whole dbsk sunbaenims and unnie, donghae oppa is also here. Are you really sure that you will be better here than in your husband's house?" Aunt sulli asked as she give mom a mischevous smile. "I don't care about those guys. Well, it's great how dbsk got ok now. After lawsuits and everything, the king of kpop is back." Mom stated in a bored tone as she starts to walk to the door, "I just went to check you. I'll get going now." Mom said as she open the door. "Yah! Are you already crazy? Cameras and media are all around the backstage right now. You might be seen in some cameras, idiot!" Aunt soojung suddenly yelled before mom got out from the room. "Soojung-ah, did you forgot that i already know how media works? I've been here for about 15 years so don't yah worry." mom said as if she's bragging. We left the waiting room of f(x) after hearing aunt soojung's hiss. And next, we proceed to our seat infront of the stage. Yeah, our seats are in V.I.P but it's just curious how everyone in makeups and stage outfits from the backstage know mom. Everyone bows to her,some even chat to her. As we starts getting on the concert hall, mom starts to put her mask on.

"Ice! Here!" We were walking to the seats when i saw the whole next generation waving at me, sitting and eat popcorn while watching the practice of a group of guys in the stage. I went to their place with mom. "Mom, my seat number is here. What about you?" I askes mom. "I can seat wherever i want so i guess, i'll just seat besides you." Mom said making me hiss. She'll be reported by the real person who own that seat if she will just sit wherever she wants. "Good evening, Mrs. wu." The whole next generation bowed to mom. Mom just bow head. We sat on our seats and starts watching kpop idols rehearsal. This is an advantage since we are the only people here and damn, we are the only guys who can see practices of the kpop groups.

"That's the super junior. King of kpop, alongside with bigbang that came from YG entertainment. They are rivals on their time, just the same as 2ne1 and Gis' Generation." Sungjoong who's my seatmate explained. I nodded as i starts to see their performance, i saw uncle heechul in the stage with the other super junior members, he's singing and dancing along with them. Confirmed, he's also an idol. After their practice, they waved to our seats, at first, i thought they are waving to next generation but no, they are waving to mom. "They know your mom?" Sungjoong asked. Im surprise too, knowing mom is well known kind. Mom stood up and bow to the super junior on stage. the super junior then laugh--i don't get it. After they left the stage, f(x) was next. This time, they waved at next generation... Except aunt soojung who's with her cold aura. They started dancing--- and just to tell you guys, aunt soojung seriously rocks this, she stands out the most. Not because of her face nor her dancing skills but because of her lazyness. Everyone was dancing passionately except her, what a shame.

After they danced, aunt soojung went to our seats. I stood up and so does mom. "Great work, Soojung. You really are lazy." Mom said with a bored tone. "Atleast she sang some parts." I said mockingly making her glare at me. I just gave her a teasing smile.

"You know her?" Stephen asked when i got to sit again. Mom and aunt are left chatting. "Yeah, my aunt." I said. The four members then gave glances to each other. "She's Krystal so for sure... Ice's mom is the---" minhyul's words was cut off when a loud mr song starts. It's the girls' generation who's starting to sing. "What a great opening song, Into the new world ballad version." I heard sungjoong said as she stare at her mom's group and to mom. I just don't know but i think, i felt that they are as nervous as me.

I gulped as i turn my head to see mom and aunt. "Want some earphones?" Aunt asked mom mockingly but mom is too focus on the group to be pissed by aunt. "Oh god. This will be a long night. C'mon, Unnie! You better go home already." Aunt starts to pull mom's hand but mom is not moving thus, she's even more focus now on the ladies on the stage.

I turn to see girls' generation and saw them singing passionately, the song is a ballad so it's just right to have those sad eyes. They were singing great as the big screen behind them flash some pictures of the eight of them. Mom is staring blankly at the stage. I can't even tell if she's happy or mad but one thing is for sure, my thoughts about mom's secret, i might be right about it.

After the their last rehearsal, they went to next generation's place. The four guys stood up and hug their moms and their aunties. After chatting with the next generation, the snsd turned to me and gave me a bright smile. "It's good to see you here, Icey!" Aunt tiffany said. I gulped, and gave them a weak smile. I...

I want to confirm everything, now. I think this is the right. I think, im already ready for this.

I cleared my throat and stated, "By the way, i also have here my mom." I waited for their reaction to change and im right, those bright smiles faded as they turn their heads to see my mom.

I faced mom. She's glaring at them while aunt soojung is holding mom's hand tight. I saw how mom try to smile to the ladies but that smile turned to smirk. "Long time no see, Girls' Generation." Mom said as she pull her mask out.

"S-sica..." Aunt fany uttered