Prolouge

Unbreakable Bond (ot9)

 "hey, get up you sleepyhead!" I was awakened by a high pitched voice of someone that i am close to, infact, im so close to her that i can just smash this pillow on her face, right now.

"Yah! Ice Wu! Get up!" She shouted right into my eardrums as she hit me in my arms.

Darn, she's pain in a head. How i hate to have this kind of Aunt. Can someone from the heaven fix my aunt, this instance?!

No choice to sit and blankly stare at my aunt.

"Know what time is it now?" She asked as she cross her arms and raise her right eyebrow at me. I stretch up as stood up.

"It's weekend, for god's sake, Aunt! Im appreciating the weekend!" I said as i start to walk to the bathroom. Need to change my wearing and need to do my morning rituals.

Darn it, im still sleepy.

"C'mon, Ice! I know that you're always like that even if it's not weekend! From what i know, you were once awarded by the school for having the most detention, late and absent record. You're really one of a kind niece." She yelled sarcastically from the outside of the bathroom, just right for me to hear.

"Oh damn! My freaking tummy is starting to growl! Darn... What a great visit here in your house, niece. I can't believe that you can starve your visitors!"

Yeah, Aunt is living in korea but when she have something to do here in America, she always visit us. Her last visit here was last month, she was almost poisoned by mom's new recipe.

We're on our way to the dining area of our house when i start a conversation.

"Hey, you're already on your 30's, why not settle? I guess, you have no one who's inlove with you."

Aunt soojung is mom's sibling and until now, she has no one. What a pity, right?

"Pfft... You're a good joker." she said as if i joked. Nah, what an auntie. Always pycho.

"Morning, Ice! First time, you got up with just 9:30am in the morning, eh?" Mom said in a sarcastic tone making me frown.

Aunt and me starts to pull our chairs to have a sit and to start to eat. Mom is wearing an apron, how i wish she didn't do some experiments with the foods she cooked this morning.

"Your dad and i, already ate. I just told your aunt to wake you so that she can have someone to be with as she eat. Loneliness can lead to madness, you know?" Mom stated as she starts to serve us her foods.

The moment i tasted it, i was already ready for the bomb but thanks god! The food for today is not dangerous as i thought. Mom do some experiments when visitors came to house, what a burden, right?

"What a relief." I heard aunt whispered as she starts to eat more and more.

"Good morning, Daughter!"
I was in the middle of appreciating the taste of mom's cooking when my dad popped up and kissed me on my forehead.

He's wearing a black suite. Going somewhere, i guess?

"Going to china, Dad?" I asked. Yeah, dad always go to china. Maybe once or twice a week? But sometimes, he stays there for a month or more. He told me that he's doing some business work their.

Yeah, dad has the blood of chinese so he can speak the language, or more on he's fluent with it since it's his hometown.

I know right? How could i chinese meet an american girl? Like seriously, how the hell mom met my dad? Mom told me that she stays here in san fransisco for all her life. Never been outside our country, so my question is, how he met my dad who is from china? Mystery, right? But i never asked about that since i hate cheesy stories. Just as how cheesy and corny my dad is.

Anyway, mom and dad are fluent for speaking in korean, same as me, my grandparents became my teachers about korean literture and it's tradition. Aww, how i miss them. They died last year.

About aunt? My mom said, she also was born here in san fransico but decided to migrate to korea when she's 10. That's all i know.

"Nope,actually im going to korea." I was stopped from munching the food im eating when dad said that.

I chuckled a little bit as aunt just continue eating and my mom being astonished too. Mom is blankly looking at dad.

That's so... Odd.

I looked at dad's reaction but it made the things more odd.

Why would dad have that kind of expression? It's like as if he's sorry for saying something or what?

"Korea, eh? Must have a reunion, right? Aish. That guy never told me." i heard aunt soojung said in the middle of her eating.

"Who'll you meet?" I asked as i eat but again, that weirdness of them.

Mom and dad are glancing to each other as if they are hiding something from me. I looked at aunt and still, she's eating like a hungry pig.

"Some friends." Dad answered me as she look at mom. What a very safe answer, dad?

"Is that so?" I answered as i shrug and put my attention on the t.v.

Yeah, we have t.v. At the dining room, you know how my mom hate being bored, right?

I hand the remote to power on the tv. A flat screen tv hanging on the wall so that we can all watch.

I search channels. Tss... It's morning and tv is all about news for now, damn. I was about to change the channel when mom told me to stop.

The channel was stayed on a kpop news. A kbs channel here in america.

"So, you'll have your last concert in L.A, right? Please invite your fans right here in America." A reporter who's sitting infront of a lady said.

"Yes! Please support our last concert here in L.A. it's the reunion for us, as girls' generation and it's all reunion for all sones!" The lady said in a cheerfull tone with a bright smile plastered in her face. She has this eyesmile that will make you think twice, if it's fake or real.

I was about to change the channel since i don't have any idea who the hell is the lady and i don't know a thing here.

"Don't think of it, Ice." Mom uttered as she still watching in the t.v.

What the hell? Is she a fan of that girl? Darn it.

"Wait. Reunion as girls' generation?" The reporter asked making my aunt stop eating and starts to have this blank stare at the t.v.

I looked around and look at here! Mom, dad and aunt is seriously watching t.v.

"Yeah, it's been awhile since the eight of us saw each other and this concert will kinda be our reunion." She answered still with her eyesmile.

I looked at everyone and damn? They're acting odd, right now. Mom looks teary while dad and aunt are looking at mom with worried expression making it more odd.

This is ing odd.

Suddenly, my aunt soojung snatched the remote and off the tv. That's when mom look at us intently making me feel some nervousness.

"Stop watching those. That's only for great actress." Aunt said as she eat again.

"Let's go back to korea." Mom stated making all of us in awe.

Say what?!