Chapter 40

Ugly Swan , Clumsy Queen

 

Changmin POV

I’ve been waiting for Young Ja for almost half an hour but she still hasn’t showed up. I look at the time. It’s almost 12 pm. “ Changmin-ah “ finally. I heard her calling my name. And now, I see her sitting in front of me. “ Sorry I’m late “ and she looks exhausted. “ Are you running coming here ? “ I ask her. She look at me and left out a deep breath.

“ Ne ! “ she nods and laugh. I smile and ruffle her hair.

“ So what’s the good news ? “ she immediately ask. “ Aren’t you going to order your drink first ? “ I ask her. “ Hmm “ she looks at her surroundings. “ No need. I have something to do after this. I need to rush “ she make a tired face. “ Ahh ~ “ I responded. “ So you can’t spend your day with me today ? “ I ask her. “ I..don’t think so “ she pouted.

“ It’s okay “ I tap her hand on the table. We kept in silence before I said, “ So, actually I want to tell you that I’ve think about your offer “ I told her. “ Which one ? “ she ask. “ I’m going to quit my work and work with your father “ I said to her. Her eyes widened. “ CHINCHA ?!! “ she almost scream. I smile and chuckled towards her action. I nods.

“ Changmin-ah, komawo “ she almost tears up. “ Don’t cry “ I hold her hand. “ Arasso “ she nods and smile. “ Ah ! “ she suddenly remind of something. She immediately looks for something in her bag. “ I want to call Jiyeon for a while “ she said while typing something. “ Are you calling ? “ I ask her when I saw her putting the phone to her ears. She nods.

“ Ah Jiyeon-ah “ she called. After a few seconds of silent, “ I don’t think I can make it for today. I have more important things to do today “ she said. “ Okay bye “ she hung up. “ I thought you’re in rush ? “ I ask her. “ Being with you is important. Let’s go meet my dad “ she suddenly stand up and pull my hand. “ Yah ! “ I called out.

“ Be patient okay ? Sit down “ I pull back her hand. “ Andwae-yo ! “ she shout. “ Palli ! “ she pulled my hand. I shook my hand for her clumsiness.

 

It’s a nerve wrecking to sit in front of her dad. Yes. Her dad. “ What’s your name ? “ Young Ja’s dad ask. “ Changmin. Shim Changmin, sir “ I stand and bow once again after the first bow when I first step in this luxury office room. “ Ah ~ “ he smile. He look at Young Ja. “ Younggie-ah “ he called. “ Appa ! Don’t call me like that. It’s embarassing “ Young Ja scold her father.

“ Wae ? It’s cute. Right Changmin-shi ? “ her father ask me. I smile and nods. “ Ne. It’s cute,Young Ja-ah “ I responded. “ See ? “ his father laugh. “ Younggie-ah, is Changmin-shi your boyfriend ? “ her father ask. She smile and nods. “ Ne “ she answered. “ Arasso. So, I should give him the best position then. For my daughter handsome boyfriend. Hmm, as a manager at one of this company department ? “ he smile.

“ Ah Mr. Jung “ I called him. He look at me. “ It’s not that I don’t like the position. But I don’t think I suit it since I don’t have the qualification “ I said slowly. “ It’s okay. I’ll teach you. Young Ja also can teach you “ he said. “ But the position is too big for me. I don’t even know anything about business “ I told him.

“ Hmm “ he stop thinking.  “ What are you major at ? “ he ask. “ Music “ I answered him. “ Have you ever working before ? “ he ask again. I look at Young Ja. I’ve worked at a club. Do I have to tell him that ? “ I… “ I hesitate to tell him. I took a deep breath. “ Yes “ I nods. “ Where ? “ he ask again. I thought so. He will ask this.

“ At a café. And recently, at a club “ I keep my head down. “ It’s okay. You don’t have to feel embarrassed “ he said. I look at him. He smile. I smile back. “ Hmm so you can’t work in office in my opinion “ he said. “ Younggie-ah “ he called Young Ja. “ Hmm “ she responded. “ Run the abandon restaurant behind the mall “ he said.

“ And bring Changmin-shi together. The restaurant is your now “ he said to both of us.

 

We walk out of the room. “ Your father is nice “ I said to her. “ Right ? “ she smile. I chuckle and hold her hand. “ Let’s go and have fun. After this, we’re going to get busy all the way “ I said and pull her hand.