Chapter 38

Ugly Swan , Clumsy Queen

 

Jiyeon POV

On my way back home, I suddenly remind of Hyomin unnie. I wonder how has she been doing right now ? It’s been a while since I last met her the other day. I took my earphone and called Hyomin unnie. “ Yeobosaeyo “ a weak voice greet. “ Unnie “ I called her. “ O’ Jiyeon-ah, wae ? “ she ask. “ How are you ? “ I ask her. She laugh.

“ Jiyeon-ah, it’s only 3 days you haven’t met me “ she said. “ I know. I’m just worried you might do something stupid again “ I said to her. “ I just did “ she said and make me push the brake so immediately. “ WHAT ?! “ I shout. “ Are you driving right now ? “ she suddenly ask. “ Hmm “ I responded. “ Aigoo ~ Let’s meet somewhere. I’ll tell you “ she said. I pull the hand brake.

“ Should we call Young Ja ? “ I ask her. “ Hmm I bet she wants to know too “ unnie said. “ Okay then. Where should we meet ? “ I ask her. “ Hmm FullHouse ? “ she said. “ Aniya aniya. Other place “ I said to her. “ Hmm did you know the new restaurant ? Seoul Garden ? “ she ask. “ Ah ara. There ? “ I ask her. “ Where else ? “ she ask me back. “ Okay then “

I hung up and call Young Ja.

 

Young Ja POV

While I’m making tea for Changmin, suddenly the phone rang. I pick up the call when I see Jiyeon’s name appear. “ Hmm Jiyeon-ah, wae ? “ I ask her without greeting. “ Young Ja-ah, Hyomin unnie have something to tell us. Can you come ? “ she ask me. “ Is it that important ? “ I ask her. “ For me, yes. I don’t know for you “ she answered.

“ About what ? “ I ask again. “ She JUST did something weird AGAIN “ Jiyeon said. “ Jiyeon-ah “ I called her. “ Hmm “ she responded. “ It’s dangerous “ I told her. “ What ? “ she ask. “ Never call while driving “ I said to her. This woman never changed her habit. She laugh. “ So are you coming ? “ she ask. “ Maybe not. I’ll just met her later “ I said to her.

“ Okay then. If you suddenly changed your mind, we’re at the Seoul Garden. The new restaurant. You know right ? “ she ask me. “ Yes. If I could come, I’ll call you “ I said and we hung up. I stir the tea and suddenly Changmin hug me from behind. “ Whose calling ? “ he ask. “ Jiyeon “ I answered shortly. He broke the hug and drink the tea I gave him.

“ If you wanna go meet them, just go. I still need to work “ he said, smiling. “ You still want to work like this ? “ I ask him. He nods. “ I need to “ he said. He was about to walk away but I pull his hand. “ Changmin-ah “ I called him. He look at me. “ Stay here okay ? Don’t rent an apartment anymore “ I told him. I know he’s in a difficulties.

He need to pay for his apartment. “ No. I don’t want to trouble you “ he said. I hold his two hand. “ If you love me, stay here “ I said to him. He walk closer and touch my cheek. “ Okay “ he nods. And kiss my forehead. “ And “ I said again. He look at me. “ Work at my dad’s company ? “ I ask him. “ Young Ja-ah, I’m not qualified “ he said.

“ I will ask my dad. He’s nice “ I said to him. “ And you will get better salary. I don’t you to trouble yourself like this. Going to the club and sing. Got back home late at night. What happen if we get married later ? “ I ask him. “ I’ll find better job after we get married “ he said. Tears rolled on my cheek. I sigh heavily.

“ Changmin-ah, I love you. Please listen to me just once “ I said. He wipe my tears and smile. Then, he walk away.

Changmin-ah, please listen to me just once.

 

I arrived at Seoul Garden and sees Hyomin unnie and Jiyeon at the corner of the restaurant. “ Guys “ I smile to them when I sat beside Hyomin unnie. “ Ah there you are “ Jiyeon said. I smile to her. “ You okay ? “ Hyomin unnie ask, putting her hand on my shoulder. I nods. “ I’m fine “ I told her. “ So unnie ! What weird thing have you done ? “ I ask her. She laugh.

“ Unnie-ah, stop laughing. You pissed me just now and I’m sure Young Ja will pissed off too “ Jiyeon said. “ What is it about ? “ I ask her. “ I called off my engagement “ she said, smiling. “ And now you’re smiling to me like that ? “ I ask with an annoyed face. “ What’s wrong with that ? “ she ask. “ That is so wrong unnie ! “ Jiyeon shout at her.

I shook and smile cynically. “ Unnie, when did you called off the engagement ? “ I ask. “ Right before Jiyeon called “ she said. “ No wonder he’s here “ I said and smile to her. “ What ? “ she look at me with a weird face. I nozzle my lips to the front. She look at the front.

“ OH MAN ! “ she sigh.