Chapter 36

Ugly Swan , Clumsy Queen

 

Young Ja POV

It’s been three days since the incident at the roof top school. I’m relieved now that Hyomin unnie had come to her senses. Sometimes, I think why did these people wants to kill themselves when other people have a bigger problem than theirs ? I’m not blaming Hyomin unnie, I know she’s stressed out but you know, killing yourself won’t settle problems right ?

I sigh heavily. I look at the paperwork in front of me. I started to realize that I need to work since I feel like I’m old enough to keep hanging on my parents shoulder although they’re wealthy. But suddenly, my phone rang. I pick up the call without looking at the caller. “ Yeobosaeyo ? “ I greet the person. “ Young Ja-ah, it’s me “ the caller answered.

“ Ah Changmin-ah, why did you call ? “ I ask him, putting down my pen on the table. “ Where are you ? “ he ask. “ Now ? “ I ask him back. “ Hmm “ he responded. “ Work “ I replied shortly. “ Since when did you work ? “ he ask me. “ Since today “ I replied to him. “ Let’s meet during lunch “ he said. I take a look at the watch on my wrist. “ Okay “ I said to him.

Then, I hung up the call. After a while, I received a text message from Changmin about our place meeting this afternoon. I put down my phone and walk to my dad’s office. I settle some business with him and went back to my table to pack up and ready to meet Changmin.

 

I arrived at the café we promised to meet and took a sit at a private place so we can get some privacy. I waited for him for about 10 minutes and finally he arrived. “ Why do you want to see me ? “ I immediately ask him in curiosity. “ Why ? Don’t you want to see me ? “ he ask me back. I nods bluntly. “ Bwoya “ he whining. “ Aniyo “ I smile at him.

“ So, what’s wrong ? “ I ask him. He slip inside his pocket and bring out something. He puts on the table. It’s a ring. “ I want to propose you “ he directly saying. “ Tsk “ I smirk and look away. “ Why ? “ he ask. I look at him, lean on the chair and cross my arm. “ Look. Can’t you think of something romantic ? “ I said, took my hand bag and walk away.

When I was about to enter my car, I heard him scream my name while running towards me. “ YOUNG JA-AH !! “ I tried to ignore him but then, he shout again. “ YOUNG-JA, I LOVE YOU ! WILL YOU BE MY WIFE AND LIVE HAPPILY WITH ME ?!! “ and he start kneeling. I’m feeling so embarrassed when everyone is looking towards us.

I pull his hand and ask him to stand up. “ You don’t have to embarrassed me and yourself like this “ I whispered at him and enter my car. I drove my car. After a bit far, I look at the mirror and sees him kneeling at the place where I scold him just now. I look away and focus on my driving. I put on my earphone and call Jiyeon.

I ask Jiyeon to meet somewhere. When I was on my way to meet Jiyeon, suddenly it’s raining. And out of sudden, I thought of Changmin. He probably had left right ? But, I feel so uneasy. So, I make a u turn and called Jiyeon to cancelled on our meeting.

 

Changmin POV

It keeps playing in my head. Every words she said. It’s like a real player. I can moves my legs. Instead I kneel. Until it’s raining. And when it still raining, the cloud block itself from pouring at me. “ Bwoya ? Why are kneeling in rain ? “ the cloud talk to me. I must have gotten crazy. Even the cloud, I can hear them talking to me.

“ Changmin-ah “ but why must the cloud voice sounds like Young Ja. Do they know how I hurt with her words ? But, how much I hurt, I still loving and missing her ? “ Changmin-ah get up “ the cloud called again. I look up. “ Young Ja ? “ her. It’s her talking to me. Not the cloud. I must be getting crazy. Even now, I can still see her shadow.

“ Palli get up “ and now she pull my hand to get up. I’m standing on my two feet. “ Young Ja-ah “ I touch her cheek. She smile and hold my hand. “ Mianhae Changmin-ah. I’m sorry “ she apologise. I immediately pull her into a hug. I don’t know whether this is reality or dream, but if it’s a dream, let me keep dreaming. Because I miss her. So much.