Audition Day

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mumbles can be heard all along the aisle as well as sounds of instruments and laughter. Class has just ended, making every student in the building walking in ease as they’re heading home. But that doesn’t apply to some of them.

“What time is it now?”

Silent.

“Yah,” the boy put his finger on the girl’s cheek.

Still no response.

“Yah, isn’t it—“

“Will you shut up?” she finally responds, eyes boring on him. He can see how annoyed she is right now because of him.

The boy cackles to the sight. “You are just too nervous, you know,” he said in between his laugh as he keeps poking the girl’s cheek.

“I swear to God, Park Chanyeol I might break your neck,” she replied, trying to sound threatening.

“You don’t know how it feels,” she continued as she blew a raspberry.

“Ok ok sorry, I’m just trying to ease your mood, Ms. Soon-to-be-dead,”

Taeyeon hit him hard on his back.

“Ah, YAH! That hurts,” he stepped away from Taeyeon.

“I told you don’t keep making me scared. Geez, you are not helping,” she sighed.

“Alright, I’m sorry dear,” he said as he nudged her arm.

Taeyeon rolls her eyes, responding him will be just a waste of time. She then glances at her watch again. It’s in two hours, but where the hell is he? She looks up; trying to find a glimpse of someone she’s desperately looking for. What if he wouldn’t come?

“He’ll be here in minutes,”

“What?” she glanced at her side.

“Him. He’ll be here in minutes. Don’t be so worried,” her friend smirks at her.

“I’m not—“

“Don’t tell me you aren’t looking for him. Your eyes keep wandering all this time,” he continued.

“Ok fine. Where is he seriously? Two hours left….” she murmured.

Chanyeol found her anxiety cute. She must be really afraid to do it alone. But he is sure enough that his friend is a man of his words.

“There he is!” a cheer of relief can be heard. Taeyeon immediately walk to the person she’s been waiting for like ages.

“Why are you late? I’m so panic thinking if I’m gonna do it alone,” she sighed as she stopped right in front of the boy.

“Traffic problem, I’m sorry for making you wait,” he replied as he held back a smile. He glances at Chanyeol who’s standing behind her. His friend is smirking at him.

“This girl has been so anxious for hours waiting for you,” said Chanyeol as he emphasized the word ‘waiting for you’.

“Sounds dramatic,” said the boy.

“You are exaggerating,” said the girl.

That makes the two boys cackle while the girl can just let out a huff while watching the so calm friends she has.

“How could you guys be so calm? This thing is such a burden to me,” she heaved a sigh.

“Trust in yourself, you are going to do well,” he tried to calm her down.

“I don’t know, Baekhyun. I’m so agitated, I don’t know how to stop myself,” she said as she keeps fidgeting.

Baekhyun sighed. He feels sad that he couldn’t comfort her. Moreover, he is the one who keeps pushing her for this audition. He feels bad to see how jittery she is right now.

“So… Uh, you want to leave? I mean, if you are really that scared just don’t do this. I don’t want to see you faint later,” he said worriedly. Taeyeon is already pale right now, he can’t imagine how is she going to be later.

Taeyeon saw the worry on Baekhyun’s eyes. She doesn’t want to disappoint him.

 

She can tell how he is actually wanted to participate in this recital. She has seen it from the first time they practiced together. It’s been two weeks since she witnessed the first time a magical experience came true. To see him playing behind a piano was majestic.

She sees the other side of Baekhyun too who others don’t really know. There was that time where they practiced together in the university’s music room. She decide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter