A Prayer

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun drove his car fast. His grip tightens on the steer while his eyes keep changing focus from the road and the girl on the seat next to him. He glanced at the side mirror, finding Taeyeon whose eyes are still wet from the cry but now is also filled with a look that he can’t define.

“Taeyeon, she’ll be alright,” his soft voice filled the car.

Taeyeon heard it, but she felt too weak to respond. She just closed her eyes, trying to gain some energy left on her. The news came just like a thunder in the middle of the day. Unexpected and unwanted.

Baekhyun felt much more sorry and bad for her. If only he can do something to ease the worry from the girl he cares so much, he will definitely do it. Seeing her crying hurt his heart so much.

 

“We are here,” that wakes Taeyeon up from her deep thoughts.

“Taeyeon,” Baekhyun’s voice is so tender. She looked into his eyes. “Go first, I’ll park my car and I’ll meet you inside, alright?” he said softly.

She nodded. Then she immediately opened his car door and run into the building. Once her body is no longer visible on his sight, Baekhyun drives his car again to find a parking spot.

He recalled what happened again today. How he thought everything going to run smoothly today but then she must receive a call that he is sure she never expect before.

 

---

 

Taeyeon stared on her reflection on the mirror. She has changed her outfit for three times and she finally feels satisfied with the last clothing she tries on. She smiled in content as she pulled her hair into a ponytail. She can’t wait to see Baekhyun and she is expecting of whatever they are going to do today.

After she made sure that she is appropriate enough to meet Baekhyun, she took her bag on the bed and took her converse shoes before she left her bedroom.

“Mom,” she knocked on the door. Just like usual, no response.

She heaved a sigh as she quietly opened the door. There she saw her mother is sitting on the table while reading something. Taeyeon smiled; glad to know that her mother has changed a bit. She is now finding more activities to do, although she still locked herself in her room.

“Mom, I’m going out with a friend. I have prepared your lunch on the table. Make sure to eat, alright? It’s your favorite dish,” she said as she approached her mother. She kneeled down as soon as she reached the side of her mother’s bed.                                                            

“I’m happy, mom. You are slowly coming back to your old self. Although you are still pushing me far, but I am glad that you find activity to do inside your room. I still remember how much you like reading. How we will always buy new book every weekend…,” without her realize, tears already b on Taeyeon’s eyes. She inhaled a bit before she continued.

“I missed it, mom. Our old life…” she can’t help but chokes on her words. Her mother’s face did not seem to falter. She still had the same expression on her face, eyes glued on the book.

Taeyeon wiped her tears. She should have never cried in front of her mother. That won’t be helping for the sake to bringing her mother’s old self and personality.

“Anyway, I will take my leave. I will make sure that I will be home before night. Take care mom, don’t forget to eat,” she said before she kissed her mother’s forehead.

“I love you,” she breathed as she stands up. And with one last glance, she left.

One thing that she didn’t see is probably a single tear that escaped from her mother’s eyes.

 

Baekhyun smiled as he saw Taeyeon who is walking lightly toward him. She looks extra cute and pretty today

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter