Why

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If it’s not because of the support from her friends, Taeyeon wouldn’t think that she will be able to stand still right now.

 

The moment she heard that her mother was in a deep coma, she felt like all her souls were leaving her body. She was lucky that Baekhyun’s secure grip held her arm and body or else she is sure she will be on the ground, weak from the losing balance.

She still remembered how she ended up bawling her eyes out on Baekhyun’s embrace, how he kept comforting her until her friends come. The image of seeing them running through the hallway still fresh in her mind, accompanied with the endless hug she received from every of them.

 

 

“Get some sleep, Taeyeon. It’s two in the morning already,” Yoona’s voice came to her ear.

She shot her head up as she take a look at the clock hanging on the wall. She glanced around, looking at the entire ICU room. She didn’t notice there is a sofa in the corner of the room, nor the blanket wrapped around her back.

“It’s been an hour you spent your time staring lifelessly at your mom. You look wrecked and you need some rest,” her friend’s voice filled the room with the beeping sounds.

“I will. I just—“

“No just. You need to take care of your mom when she gets up so you need to be in your great condition later. Come on, don’t torture yourself like this,” she felt a hand pressed on her shoulder.

Taeyeon heaved a sigh. She is once again looking at her mother’s pale face.

“I am afraid…,” she hesitantly whispered. Yoona stepped closer and kneeled down next to her chair so that she can see her friend’s face.

“Of?” she asked.

She can see Taeyeon closing her eyes, and in seconds, she can see her lips trembling.

“What if when I sleep, my mom…was….gone,” the last word uttered in almost a faint voice.

A gasp escaped Yoona’s lips. “How could you say that?” she held her friend’s hand.

Taeyeon’s eyes are glistening with tears. “I don’t know… It’s just, it bothers me. I am so afraid of losing again. I don’t want to be alone,” she can no longer hold her tears.

Yoona is in pain seeing her friend crying like that. She pulled her for a hug. “That’s why we should pray for her, Taeyeon. You need to be strong and submit all your worries to God. And you are not alone, you don’t need to be afraid to. You have me, the boys… Baekhyun,” Yoona purposely exclude the latter from the boys.

She knew something is definitely going on between her friend and the guy. But it seems like her remark didn’t really go noticed by Taeyeon since her friend didn’t even utter any single word.

“Come on, let’s get some rest,” she softly pulled her friend up from her sitting position. Yoona put one of her arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder while the other one was holding her hand.

“Have the boys leave?” asked Taeyeon.

“Yes. Now sleep,” she said as she put Taeyeon on the sofa. She extends her leg so that she is in a sleeping position.

“How about you?” asked Taeyeon again. Her eyelids become heavier. She surely is tired from everything happened before.

“I won’t go anywhere. I wanna go to the cafeteria to get a drink. Get yourself a sleep and I’ll be right back,” she smiled. Taeyeon nodded and willingly closed her eyes.

Yoona smiles upon seeing her friend finally listens to her. She then took her sweater with her and headed outside, where she already saw the man staring at her with eyes full of worry.

 

 

“How was her?” asked the man as soon as Yoona closed the door.

“I can’t say she is fine but she is finally getting herself some rest,” she leaned on to the wall.

“Thank God,” the man breathed out.

Yoona nodded at his words. But then, something is still bothering her so she turned her body to the side so she is leaning on to the wall by her left shoulder.

“Tell me, why didn’t you go home?” she asked.

No response.

“Baekhyun?”

The man shot his head up. “Yeah?” he looked lost for a second.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter