Back

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eat slowly, yoda,”

“Shut up,”

“Eww, so gross,”

“I am hungry,”

“Can we have a little bit peacefulness here?” Yoona eyed both Sehun and Chanyeol with an irritated look.

“He started first,”

“That’s because you eat grossly,”

“But—“

“Can you two stop bickering please?” this time is Baekhyun who shot them with an annoyed look.

That makes the two boys whose eyes are still glaring into each other shut their mouth. Kai held back a smile while Yoona showered them with the I-told-ya look.

 

“Anyway, how was your meeting with Taeyeon?” Chanyeol started first.

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulder as he pops down a piece of meat into his mouth. “She looked…well, much better. I told her to come back and that we all miss her. She was unsure at first but then she said she will try,” he stopped as he reminisce the thing happened last night. A smile crept into his lips as he remembered the last thing he saw before he went home.

“But there is this part of me that is sure she will…come back. Let’s just see,” he added.

“I miss her,” Yoona said as she played with her food.

Baekhyun glanced at her before he gulped down his strawberry milk. “We all do,” he responded.

 

“So I am back,”

A voice makes all of them turned their head immediately.

 

There they saw their friend who they had missed the most. It was all silent at first, looks like everyone was in a complete shock at the moment considering the amount of mouth that are currently in ajar.

Chanyeol reacted first as he immediately stood from his seat and pulled the girl into his hug. Then Yoona, Sehun and Kai followed. Baekhyun was still in dazed at the moment, he can’t believe that she finally is back.

“Look at you,” Yoona teared up as soon as they seated. “Look how much weight you have lost. Look at the dark circle under your eyes. Look how puffy your eyes too…,” she can’t stop herself. The attention to the group has decreased a bit after the loud cheering and words of relief from the boys.

Taeyeon smiled bitterly at her friend. She knew how worried Yoona was in the previous week and how she always visited her to give her the update about anything. Yoona knows everything about her family and she understands how her condition before concerned her so much. She must’ve been afraid of Taeyeon being the old her just like five years ago.

“I can’t imagine you like five years ago,” she whispered. Baekhyun noticed the way Yoona said it in a very careful way, as she is afraid to hurt her. And he can’t help to look at Taeyeon who only stared at her crying friend with a smile that he knows is not the genuine one but instead more like a bitter one.

“I am much stronger than that. It took a week only for this time. It’s an improvement, huh?” Chanyeol noticed the way Taeyeon tried to lift up the mood and he wants to help her. She looks like she wants to drop the topic as soon as possible.

“We are glad that you are back,” he said as he tried to help her to change the topic.

“I am glad to be back too,” she eyed each of her friends with a smile, this time is genuine, that is what Baekhyun noticed when she held her stare longer on him.

“And I am sorry to have made you all worry, especially you, Yoong. I’m sorry,” she tore her gaze from him as he smiled at Yoona.

Yoona wiped her tears and smiled to her as well. “Promise me to stay strong,”

“Promise,” she replied. Both of them then chuckled as they gave each other a quick hug.

 

“So, our Baekhyun hyung has succeeded in bringing back our Noona,”

All eyes are turning to Kai.

“What?” he asked rather confusedly.

“Do you really need to tease in time like this?” said Sehun in his poker face.

“Wha—I just tried to lift up the mood,”

“It’s alright,” Taeyeon laughed. “All of your supports are what bringing me back to here. Guys really, I can’t thank you all enough. If it was not because all of you, I don’t think I can make it through. You all are the best,” she said. “And well, Baekhyun’s words did affect me more. I never knew you are such a wise person. Thanks anyway,” she added as smiled at him.

Baekhyun can feel something warm and nice creeping into his heart. He is glad that he can be the reason behind Taeyeon’s decision.

“You ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter