The First Meeting

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed by faster recently and morning comes too fast, that’s what Taeyeon think. She is just too lazy to start the day again, especially when this is the first day of her second year in university. But she can’t deny the fact that she must go, she must attend each class that she paid by her sweats. At least, it can motivate her.

“Mom, I’m going now,” she softly said as she approaches her mother’s room. And as usual, she will get no response. She exhaled a bit before she kissed her mother’s cheek.

“I already put your breakfast on the table. You should eat, alright,” she said as she looked into her mother’s eyes.

There she found the longing look that her mother always had since five years ago. She can felt a little ‘pang’ inside her chest. It hurts her that she can’t do anything for it.

“I will now take my leave. Bye,” she said as she stepped out of her mother’s room. And with a heavy sigh she let out before she closed the door, she leaves.

“Taeyeon-ah!” she turned her back as she heard her name being called. There she saw her best friend running after her with his backpack hanging on his right shoulder.

“What makes you so hurry?” she asked when he’s already beside her.

“We are in one group again!” he squealed. “I’m so thankful you know! I don’t have to worry about my grade since I have you~” he continued.

That makes Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “We’re in the same class again? Seriously? God surely hate me so much,” she let out a fake sigh.

“Ya! Don’t be like that,” her friend nudged her. “Besides, you should be thankful that you have me. You don’t need to be worried getting annoyed by those rascals,” he said.

“I can protect myself, Chanyeol-ah,” she said.

“But they will never leave you. This university has a lot of spoiled kids who knows nothing about hard work. They will never understand,” he continued.

Taeyeon smiled bitterly. Chanyeol is right. It’s already a year since she entered this university but they just still can’t accept her as what she is. Not everyone, but most of them.

“I’m actually thankful to know you. You never see me like what they always see in me. It’s so rare to see someone who is so rich to befriend a person like me,” she confessed as they entered the lecture hall.

“Don’t exaggerate it, plus, you are not just ‘you’. You are Kim Taeyeon, the smartest student in in this university,”

“Now who’s exaggerating, huh? I’m not the smartest, duh. There are Min Yura and Kang Hanseol out there,”

“But still, you’re on top,” he said as he took a seat next to Taeyeon.

 

“Anyway, where is Sehun and Yoona?” Taeyeon asked as she can’t see them in the hall.

“Oh, they’re not on the same group as we are. But both of them are in one group though, their class starts later,” Chanyeol explained as he went through his backpack.

Taeyeon hummed a response as she took out her notes. Minutes later, the class starts.

Today’s lecture is not that boring for Taeyeon, since she is really interested in business studies. Her dream is not that big actually, she just want to pass the university and become someone who can earn money, so that she and her mother won’t suffer like they’re now.

“Gosh, so boring,” she heard her friend sighing.

“Come on, it’s not that bad,” she whispered, eyes still focusing on the professor.

“For you. For me? Nah,”

“Be grateful, dumb . Many people are drooling for your spot,”

“Remember that I got here because my parents forced me to?”

“Yes. But still, be grateful a bit and just go along with it,”

“Ms. Kim and Mr. Park, have something to share in front?” suddenly the professor called them. Taeyeon becomes so nervous in seconds but not with Chanyeol.

“Nothing, prof. I’m s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter