For A New Beginning

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The grilling Korean beef in front of them made the two figure swallows down their own saliva. It’s nearly eight and their stomach need to be filled. Taeyeon who can no longer contains her appetite sends a puppy look to Baekhyun.

“When will I be able to eat this?” she whispered slowly, her spoon was full on .

Baekhyun laughed at the view as he busily flips the meat on the grill. Taeyeon snickered when she got no response from Baekhyun, so she plays with her chopsticks instead.

“I am so hungry, but someone didn’t let me eat,” she says to herself.

“It’s still rare, Taeyeon. You don’t want to eat raw meat, right?” replied Baekhyun as he smiles unknowingly to himself. Who knows after six years not seeing each other, the Taeyeon right now could get even more cuter than before?

“Yea yea, I know, sorry sir,” she snickered.

“Now you may eat,” Baekhyun put a piece of the beef on her plate. Taeyeon beamed at the sight and immediately darted her chopsticks on the meat. In a blink, she already fills and smiles widely at the man.

“Thank you,” she says shyly. Baekhyun chuckles and put more beef on her plate.

“Um no no, you should eat too,” Taeyeon was about to return some of the meat to his plate when her chopsticks got stopped by Baekhyun’s chopsticks.

“I’m fine, I already got myself some,” replied Baekhyun while showing her that he is already munching his food. Taeyeon nods and digs more to herself. She closed her eyes to devour the taste of the holy beef.

“Heaven on earth,” the two widen their eyes when they know that they are saying the same sentence at the same time. A pink tint appeared on the girl’s cheeks while the boy just laughed it off.

“I know right,” said Baekhyun.

“Here,” it’s now Taeyeon’s turn to put some meat on his plate. “Now, let me do the grill. You’ve done so much today,” she says as she took away the scissors and the clamp from his hand.

“As you wish majesty,”

 

Taeyeon shot her head up upon hearing it. Too familiar.

 

Right…

 

That night in her apartment, when Baekhyun said that the elevator in his apartment broke. That’s the first time they shared a night together in one place. The night where Baekhyun asked her to cooked him ramyun since he was so hungry. The first time she ever had a man lying on her lap, the night he stole her first kiss. The memory is vivid and it makes her smile bitterly.

 

“What is it?” asked Baekhyun when he noticed the sudden change on Taeyeon’s expression.

Taeyeon shakes her head and put more meat on the top of his rice. “Nothing. Eat more, alright~” she beamed at him.

Baekhyun nods obediently on her, making the girl smiles in content.

 

---

 

“Here is your room, and this is mine,” said the man as he handed the girl a key.

Taeyeon takes the key from him and sends him another uncomfortable look.

“Baekhyun, you sure we should spend the night here? I meant… It’s ok, I can go back to Seoul by myself if you are too tired to drive or maybe if you are too lazy, I can be the one who drive your car…,”

“No,” Baekhyun put his key on his pocket. “You’ll like it here, it’s not because I’m too tired and too lazy to drive,”

“See, this is all because of me… I don’t—,”

She halted her speech as she felt a pair of hand grasping her arms. The distance between them become shorter and she needs to look up a bit to see the man’s face.

“Don’t think too much. Just rest here and I will drive you tomorrow to catch your train, alright?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter