Getting Better

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think this page can be a great reference for the prologue. What do you think?”

“It’s fine. After all, the most important thing is we can relate the decreasing number of natural resources with the decline of capita income,” said Baekhyun as he sips on his drink.

“Ok, I’ll write it,” said Taeyeon as she began to work on Baekhyun’s laptop.

Baekhyun steals a glance on her. Taeyeon looked so concentrated and he noticed the habit of her, which is biting her lips whenever she’s into something. That’s what he saw throughout the whole day. He then glanced at his watch; it’s already four in the evening. He thought Taeyeon might have a work to do.

“Don’t you have work today?”

That makes Taeyeon glanced on the clock at the library. “Yes I have, but I have a responsibility here. I’ll just go later,”

“It’s fine?”

“Well, kinda. The consequence will be me going home a little late,” she said as she keeps typing on his laptop. Baekhyun stands up and takes his laptop from her.

“Hey, I haven’t finished,” she exclaimed, confused of why would Baekhyun took his laptop out of the blue like that.

“You need to go to work. Come on, I’ll drive you there. You’ve done a lot, it’s bad for you to go home late,”

“But—“

“No buts. A girl shouldn’t come home in a late of night. Come on,” he said as he grabbed his backpack and leaving Taeyeon behind.

Taeyeon was surprised at Baekhyun’s action. She never thought he has that kind of thinking. She held a smile, glad to know the caring side of Baekhyun which only last for seconds before she heard Baekhyun calling at her again.

“You want to sit there forever and be late or lift your up and come early?”

Forget it. He’s still rude.

Taeyeon entered the coffee shop at such a close call before she might get the compensation. She let out a relief sigh, glad that she can go home early later.

“I’ll just sit here and do the work,”

Right. Baekhyun is with her. She turned around and let him sit.

“You won’t mind? I meant you can just go home and rest. We can do the project tomorrow,” she said.

“It’s fine. But can you get me the caramel frappe like yesterday? I like it,”

She smiled at him. “Of course, just wait here,” she said as she left him.

Baekhyun held a smile as he took out his laptop and read the paper that Taeyeon has typed before. He’s impressed, of how Taeyeon organized and used the words so neat to make it looks like written by a professional business journalist. From the way it was written, Baekhyun can observe how Taeyeon is a very detailed person and not to forget mentioning of how brilliant she is. He makes a great choice for his partner, that’s what he thought.

“Anything wrong?” said Taeyeon as she puts the drink he wanted on the table.

Baekhyun glanced upward, catching her scrunched eyebrows and worried expressions.

“Nothing. It’s perfect,”

“Really?”

“You are indeed the smartest of the class,” he praised her.

“What? Who said it to you?”

“Chanyeol,”

“Don’t listen to him. He’s always exaggerating,” she scoffed as she blew her bangs away. “Anyway, I’ll work first. I’ll see if I have time to join you working it,” she said before she left.

 

Baekhyun scrolled up to check how man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter