Broken

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon woke up with heavy headache she got from bawling her eyes through the night. She sighed as she tried hard to reach the glass of water that her friend has prepared on the bedside table. After she gulped down half of the water, she leaned back on the soft mattress and closed her eyes.

She was so mad last night. When she finally felt so happy and special, there will always things that will ruin it. How on earth out of every single person living in this country, must it be Baekhyun’s father that ruined her life? Out of everyone, why must the man that she wanted to take revenge the most related to her boyfriend?

She was so angered that she didn’t even think of going home. She wanted to be alone, but going to her apartment back was not a good idea. Baekhyun could find her there. So instead of heading back to her apartment building, she went to the train station and took the late night trip to Jeonju.

 

She used to live in Jeonju for ten years. That was where she grew up from the moment she was brought to this world. They moved to Seoul because Taeyeon’s father got promoted to the branch there. They already sold the house they had there, but their neighbor who her parent have known for sixteen years still live there, and so she went there. Her childhood friend, Jung Sooyeon was the one that opened the door for her in the middle of the night.

She was so surprised to see Taeyeon suddenly came to her house in the middle of the night but the thing that surprised her more are Taeyeon pale face and swollen eyes. She immediately pulled Taeyeon inside without saying anything, making Taeyeon wondered how could she still remember her face when it was already ten years since the last time they met.

“Drink this,” she softly said as she gave Taeyeon a cup of hot chocolate. Taeyeon took a sip of it and put the cup on the table. Later on, her mother, who Taeyeon always called auntie Yoo suddenly came from upstairs and hugged her. This is what Taeyeon always love from this family. They always know what is wrong with her ever since then, even until ten years.

Taeyeon finally told them of what happened to her. She also told her about what happened to her mother, how she felt sorry for not telling them and for not contacting them for so long. Taeyeon felt her friend’s hand patting her from the back while telling the whole incident to auntie Yoo. She cried when she knows that her friend has gone first and she pitied Taeyeon for everything.

“Honey, I… I feel so sorry for what happened to you,” she said, once again engulfed Taeyeon with her warmth and motherly embrace. “Just think of us as your family, alright? Just stay here, alright?” she kindly offered. Taeyeon cried again as she thanked auntie Yoo for her understanding. And after greeting each other good night, Sooyeon brought her to her room. Though they have a room for Taeyeon, Sooyeon insisted Taeyeon to stay in her room for the night.

 

 

“You woke up already?” Taeyeon opened her eyes slowly as she heard the familiar voice. She pulled her body up and sat with Sooyeon who already took a seat beside her on the bed.

“Feeling better?” she asked.

Taeyeon shook her head slowly. “I don’t know,”

“It’s ok, everyone have their own time to recover,” said Sooyeon while patting Taeyeon’s hand. Taeyeon hummed softly.

“So, has your boyfriend called?” Taeyeon immediately tensed up when she heard the question. She glanced to her phone on the desk of Sooyeon’s room. She hasn’t checked it since last night. She didn’t want to.

“So you don’t know,” Sooyeon stated when she found Taeyeon staring at her phone blankly. Suddenly Sooyeon rose from her seat and took Taeyeon phone. Taeyeon eyed her friend carefully and saw her looking at whatever is on her phone.

“Wow, thirty two missed call and eighteen message. And all from the contact called Baekhyun... That's your boyfriend right?” her friend said. “Oh, uhm there are also seven missed call from…er Chanyeol? And eleven miss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter