The Apology

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been three days ever since the day that turns her life completely. She stays at Sooyeon’s house, auntie Yoo insists her to take her time and get some fresh air, so he asked Sooyeon yesterday to take her outside. They spent the half-day hanging out and shopping but still Taeyeon can’t get all the worry and disappointment out of her head.
 

“What are you going to do today, Taeyeon?” asked auntie Yoo as Taeyeon brought the dirty dishes to the sink.
“I don’t know, auntie. I have no idea,” she replied softly. They already finished their breakfast and Sooyeon has already left for work around five minutes ago.
 
“Want to help me bake a cake? Someone ordered a cake from me for their anniversary birthday,” said her aunt as she patted Taeyeon’s shoulder. Taeyeon who was washing the dishes turned her head at her and smiled.
 
“Sure,” she replied softly.
 
Knock knock.
 
Auntie Yoo raised her eyebrow while looking at the door. “Who might it be?” she asked. Taeyeon just shook her head and wiped her hands.
 
“I’ll open it,” she said as she walked pass her aunt and her aunt trailed from behind. Taeyeon grabbed the handle and pulled it open, only to be shocked with the person standing in front of her. No, two person. Taeyeon’s mouth is ajar and she momentarily pales.
 
“I’m sorry, but who are you?” asked auntie Yoo who suddenly appeared beside Taeyeon.
 
“Annyeonghaseyo,” greeted the man. The woman next to him followed. “My name is Byun Bumsoo, and this is my five Lee Sunmi,” he continued.
 
“We are here to meet Taeyeon. It’s about… The accident five years ago,” the man mentioned the last sentence with much quieter tone. Taeyeon’s grip on the handle tightens at the mention of the accident that killed his father and tears already formed in her eyes.
 
“We would like to apologize…,” the woman whispered. Her face looks older than before, she looked tired.
 
Taeyeon suddenly reminded of something and looked behind them. “You don’t—“
 
“He didn’t come. We didn’t ask him to… I know you are avoiding him,” replied the woman when she saw the panic look in Taeyeon’s eyes.
 
Taeyeon nodded slowly and looked away. Auntie Yoo who realized the situation immediately held Taeyeon’s hand. Taeyeon blinked her eyes and turned her head to her aunt who gave her the knowing look. She nodded her head slowly and her aunt let the couple in. Taeyeon stepped aside to let them in and closed the door slowly after she wiped her tears.
 
“Have a sit here, honey,” said her aunt as she mention Taeyeon to take the seat the opposite from the couple. The woman looked up and met with Taeyeon’s cold gaze. Taeyeon immediately looked away because her eyes remind her of someone.
 
“Should I stay here? Or…” said her aunt hesitantly after Taeyeon sat beside her. Taeyeon held her hand and asked her to stay.
 
“Don’t leave me,” she uttered quietly. Her aunt nodded.
 
“So…,” the man cleared his throat as he rubbed his face with his palm. He glanced at his wife before he continued. “Kim Taeyeon, I want to apologize for what I did five years ago… I know that I don’t deserve your forgiveness but I feel really bad and guilty for that. It was an act of cowardice and foolishness and I really really feel sorry for what happened to you,” he said with his hoarse voice.
 
Tears are already rolling down on Taeyeon’s face. After five freaking years, the man she has been desperately want to find is finally here, sitting in front of her while apologizing to her. Her wait is over, and this should be the time for her to do what he promised to her dad.
 
But instead of yelling at him, Taeyeon took the courage to ask her the thing that has been bothering her the most since five years ago. “Tell me… Why did you run away? Why didn’t you apologize that time? If only… If only you brought my father to the nearest hospital, he could’ve been saved and alive. He will be here with me…,” she said in between her sobs.
 
“I am so so sorry…” Baekhyun’s father breathed out. “I was so stupid that time. I was so scared… You know…” he paused for a while. He took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying to calm himself a bit. He opened his eyes again only after his wife squeezed his hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter