His Words

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s dark, nothing can be seen there.

She glanced around, trying to catch a mere light.

She’s too afraid to be alone. It suffocates her.

But then she can see a glimpse of an object lying on the floor. It looks like a body of a person.

And then she ran, trying to approach it. But the more she ran, the further it looks to her. And without her knowing, tears have already flowing on her face.

She didn’t know why she is crying until she finally reached that body.

It was her father, lying lifelessly on the ground. Face pale and skin cold from the draining blood. Cuts and dry wounds can be seen on some parts of his body. She cried, screaming and sobbing endlessly.

 

And then she woke up.

With the same dream, the same tears and the same scream.

“What’s with the commotion?” Kai asked as they walked across one of the hallway.

“Probably the yearly musical recital,” Sehun said as he walked nearer to the wall magazine.

“For?” Kai asked again.

“I was right,” said Sehun as soon as he saw the poster on it. “To celebrate our university’s anniversary,” he replied. Kai nodded at his answer.

“Anyway where is Taeyeon?” it’s Chanyeol now. Everyone shook their head, including Baekhyun.

“Maybe she’s a bit late,” said Sehun.

“How to join that recital?” Kai curiosity hasn’t died yet.

“There will be an audition. Everyone wants to join that recital since it’s a very big event in this university,” replied Yoona.

“What kind of audition?”

“The musical players of course, for the violin, flute and others. But—oh! There will be a special audition. This year theme will be about Love, and there will be a special performance. You can call it like a duet, the girl will sing while the boy will be playing the piano,” explained Yoona.

“Hi all!” suddenly Taeyeon’s voice can be heard. Baekhyun immediately turns his head toward the source of the voice as he can see her walking toward them.

“Late?” asked Yoona.

“Err, yeah. My alarm didn’t ring,” she lied. Yoona stares at her, knowing that she didn’t tell the truth.

“What’s with the puffy eyes?” she asked again out of suspicion.

“I stayed up late last night,” Taeyeon answered quickly. Baekhyun is also looking at her as he tries to see any hint from her face. A part of him is sure that Taeyeon isn’t telling the truth.

“For real?” he heard Chanyeol asked her.

“Oh yes, I studied last night. Authentic dark circles here,” replied Taeyeon.

Hearing her light voice, Yoona then let it go. She is still sure that Taeyeon was lying but she didn’t want to pressure her more.

 

“What were you guys talking?” asked Taeyeon.

“About musical recital,” replied Sehun as he popped in a piece of gum inside his mouth.

“Ah, it’s the time already?”

“Yep,” replied Chanyeol. He then glanced playfully at Yoona, which didn’t go unnoticed by Baekhyun.

“I think I might like to join it. How about you? Are you going to join it?” Kai asked Chanyeol.

“I don’t think so. I’ll just be the spectator this year since our Taeyeon-ie is joining it,” he smirked, followed by Yoona’s laugh.

“Ahh-WHAT!?” Taeyeon is in pure shock and surprised. She is sure enough that she never applies for that recital.

“I didn’t—“ she almost retorts back to them when she remembered something.

“A bet is a bet. We beat you on that game,” as Sehun tries to enlighten her even more.

Taeyeon sighed, regretting her decision to take on her friends’ silly bet.

“What did you guys sign me on?” she asked, hoping that it won’t be the duet since she is going to die for real. She really can’t stand to be a public attention, and a big stage with hundreds pair of eyes watching her is just the worst thing she ever imagined.

“What else? Of course the duet,” replied Yoona as she walked away, leaving Taeyeon in a complete daze.

I’m so doomed, Taeyeon thought. She is too busy to notice how Chanyeol has laughed in content from seeing her face pales momentarily and how Baekhyun was staring at her with full of expectation.

“God I’m so doomed, I’m a dead meat,” she keeps mumbling to herself throughout the lecture. She can’t focus on the professor; her mind is too busy imagining the entire worst scenario inside her head. For Taeyeon, this is far worse th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter