It Feels Right

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The soil is still wet from the rain that just ended five minutes ago. Lot of people has left; only few seen around the cemetery. Taeyeon sat lifelessly next to his father tombstone. Never ever she imagined before that she would lose her father this soon.

“Dad, what about my promise…,” she said in between her sobs. She remembers when she said that she would take her parent to Paris for a holiday since her mother really wants to see the Eiffel Tower. She remembers her father’s smile when she said she would earn a lot of money to fulfill her dream. She remembers everything.

“Taeyeon…,” she heard the sound of her neighbor.

She wiped her tears as she glanced up. “Yes, auntie?”

“Your mother…she collapsed again…,” Taeyeon’s face paled as soon as she heard that. Her mother’s condition is so bad ever since she heard the news about the accident that killed her father. She is shaken and still couldn’t believe that her husband has gone forever.

“I…,”

“I’m sorry, Taeyeon,” she could see how her neighbor tear up. Auntie Yoon is like a family to her. They’ve been neighbors for more than five years and she always treat her as she is her daughter. “I’m sorry that this happened to you,” she continued.

“It’s not your fault, auntie. And I will come as soon as possible, alright?” she said as she tried hard to hold her tears. Auntie Yoon left after she gave her a hug and said she would wait her in her car.

She stared at her father’s tombstone once again. She will never see her father’s warm smile whenever she came home. She will never feel her father’s warm hug whenever she was sad. She will never listen to her father’s warm voice whenever she felt lonely. She will never see her father again…

“Dad,” she stopped mid-air. The feeling was too heavy, his chest ached for reason she didn’t know. “I’m going home. Take care of yourself. Look after me and mom from up the—“ she choked on her words.

The image of her father got hit by the car was playing inside her head again. Her screams. Her dad’s pained face. The man’s face…

“I can’t,” she said again in between her sobs. She hated herself. She hated her decision to go home late that night. She hated the man who hit his father and left without saying words, the man who ran away with no responsibility and leaving her crying on the cold ground with her father lying lifelessly.

“You said that I should forgive… You said that I should never hold grudges.  But I can’t,” she continued. Never ever Taeyeon felt so much hatred like this in her life. She was so mad that she couldn’t think right. She didn’t even realize she was crushing the soil of her father’s grave.

“I can’t let him go like that Dad… I will find him,”

Baekhyun put his books inside his bag as soon as he heard the professor dismissed the class. He took out his cellphone to check any messages or call only to found nothing.

“Maybe her phone battery ran out,” Chanyeol’s voice surprised him from behind.

“What do you mean?”

“I know you are wondering where the hell she is right now, right?” Chanyeol is now walking next to him along the corridor.

Baekhyun put his phone to his pocket. “I’m just worried,” he murmured.

Taeyeon did come today for the morning class, but she went missing right after lunch. He didn't spend his time to eat lunch with her since Chanyeol asked him to accompany him to meet the second year coordinator for some stuff. It’s been more than two weeks since she returned. She’s also becoming more cheerful lately so he doubted the thought of her locking herself again.

“Have you ask Yoona?” asked Chanyeol after he checked his phone as well. But just like Baekhyun, he found nothing.

“I haven’t. That’s why I am looking for—oh? YOONA!” he immediately ran after the girl who got surprised by his loud voice. Chanyeol followed him from behind.

“You don’t have to be so loud, seriously,” Yoona eyed him with her annoyed look.

“Do you know where Taeyeon is?” asked Baekhyun.

“Ahh… No wonder you shout,” Yoona rolled her eyes.

“Just answer it, Yoong. This man is so worried. He didn’t even realize he was chewing on the plastic wrap instead of the gum. Good thing I told him,” Chanyeol added.

Baekhyun scowled at him as he smacks Chanyeol’s shoulder lightly and asked him to shut up. Yoona chuckled at what just Chanyeol said and Baekhyun earned her the same look.

“Alright, easy man,” said Yoona as she took out her book from her locker. “She went to her mother’s cemetery. She said she won’t be able to visit tomorrow. Professor Jang just told her this afternoon that she must meet her after class for some assignment that she will give to her. She said it’s for the classes she missed in that one week,” she continued.

“Well I will help her then,” said Chanyeol.

“I said the same too to her but guess what she said to me?” Yoona said as she closed her locker. “She said: it’s fine, thanks Yoona. You have done so much. I can handle it. And with that, she left immediately so that’s why she skipped today’s class,” she continued.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter