Shattered

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you know how it feels when you lose something very important in your life?
Do you know how it feels when you realize how screwed you are when you let go something precious in your life?
 
 
Taeyeon kept her gaze longing to the distance as she waited for the train. After Baekhyun left her in the restaurant, she almost broke down to tears again. But she held it. She didn’t want to cry there, not in the open space. She will pour out everything inside her heart later, inside her room… alone…
 
She felt so weak, so lifeless. She has no energy left. Dragging her feet to reach the train station felt like an eternity to her. It felt like she has weight on her shoulder that pressuring her, making her unable to move and to breathe.
 
She heaved a sigh as she brushed her hair. What kind of person she is right now? Did she make the right decision? Did she do the right thing? She doesn’t know. She remembered all the tears that Baekhyun shed for her. How painful she felt when she knows that he cried over someone like her, someone who should have never deserved a person like Baekhyun.
 
What were you thinking before, you fool? She closed her eyes as the sentence keeps repeating in her mind. Who is she to date someone like Baekhyun? Who is she to go out with Baekhyun? He is undoubtedly amazing, a person who is so kind and so bright, so pure and so positive, a person that Kim Taeyeon should have never dreamed of to be with.
 
The sound from the loudspeaker woke her up from her thoughts. Her train will arrive in two minutes. She smiled bitterly as she looked around her surroundings. She will leave this in two minutes. She will leave Seoul, the place where all the pain and happiness she had came from. She will leave her friends… And she will leave Baekhyun.
 
A single tear escaped her eye. She loves him, she still do. She remembered how much she wanted to wrap her arms around him when she saw his pained expression. She remembered how much she wanted to deny everything she said so that he wouldn’t cry like that. But she couldn’t. He is like a knife; it can protect you but also can hurt you at the same time. Having him right now is not the best option.
 
The train arrived at the station, Taeyeon stood up and walked slowly toward the train. Each step she takes feels like a torture, but at the same time, it feels like an escape. This is it, she thought.
 
She looked behind for once again. She is leaving… and there is no turning back.

“So…, she is—“ Chanyeol stopped when he heard a sigh escaped his best friend lips.

 


He pitied Baekhyun so much, he knows how big is his love for Taeyeon. Although Chanyeol is a bit disappointed that Taeyeon chose to leave Baekhyun and run away, he also understands the pain that the girl has been through. It must’ve been not easy to accept the reality, especially when she knows that her past is related to her boyfriend. Or should he say, ex-boyfriend now.
 
Chanyeol still remembers the time when she visited Taeyeon back then, that one day when she collapsed and was sent to the hospital. He was so worried when he saw her weak body lying on the hospital bed, not to forget her extremely pale complexion. It saddened him when he knows the real reason behind her sickness. She overworked herself to earn money for her mother’s medication, until she forgot to take care of herself.
 
For Taeyeon, her family is everything. She has been through so much hardship to make her mother happy, to make her mother forget about the accident. But she failed, that’s what she said to him on the day of her mother’s funeral. And the pain grew even more that day, her eyes didn’t lie. She even told Chanyeol that she will make sure to take revenge on that person she always blamed for, and Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter