Stay

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s heart throbbed upon seeing the man she has always thought for the past six years finally appears again in front of her own eyes. The moment his small and soft gaze met hers makes her world turns upside down instantly. Who would have thought, after six years of not knowing each other’s existence, God decided to reunite them in such an unpredictable time?

Taeyeon turns her gaze to the side and looks up. This place. Why on earth should she came here again and meet Baekhyun? Is this some kind of destiny?

“How are you?” Baekhyun sounds jittery and he mentally slapped himself for being too nervous.

She turns her attention immediately at the sound of his voice, as she looked a bit shocked with the sudden question from him. “I’m fine,” she let out a quiet reply.

“How about you?” Baekhyun’s heart feels warm at her soft voice, so he smiled and gave her the same reply as hers, probably not knowing the growing heartbeat on Taeyeon when she finally saw his smile that she has always missed.

 

A tug on Taeyeon’s shirt makes her looks down, feeling guilty for forgetting her student existence down there.

“Who is this ahjussi?” Jochul asked her. Baekhyun’s eyes twitched at the sound of the little kid voice. His smile gradually disappears when he saw Taeyeon kneeling down to hold the boy’s little hand.

“He is…,” she stopped midway. She looked up and met his eyes for once again. “a friend of mine,” Baekhyun smiles bitterly after hearing Taeyeon’s answer.

Yes, a friend. That’s their last term before they separated, right? Besides, she has a family now. A family… Baekhyun took a deep breath as he imagined that. There is no way she will tell her son that he was her past lover.

 

“Kim Taeyeon! Jochul-ah!” a man’s voice caught Baekhyun’s attention. He looks up and found a man running toward them. Taeyeon stands up as well and grasps the hand of the little kid they called Jochul on her.

“What happened?” he sounded worried. Baekhyun’s eyes move from upward to downward, trying to guess who this man is until it hits his mind. He felt angry all of sudden as one of his hand in his pocket turned into a fist. He must’ve been her husband…

“We’re fine oppa,” Baekhyun gulped his saliva at the way Taeyeon calls him. “Jochul wanted an ice cream and ran away. I ran after him but then he bumped to—,” Taeyeon finally realized that Baekhyun is still standing there.

Noticing why Taeyeon suddenly stopped explaining, Heenim turns his head and met with Baekhyun dejected face that was looking at them two. Heenim is confused at the way he stares at him but he brushed it off. He bows down immediately at him after realizing the situation.

“I apologized for what this kid has done,” he said to him.

Baekhyun tries hard to keep his composure. Even though he hates the man in front of him right now, he still has some manner left for him, so he stands straight and bows to him slightly.

“It’s fine,” his deep and cold voice rings Taeyeon’s ear. She stares at him and is also confused with his facial expression.

“The restaurant will serve us with good ice cream, Jochul-ah. Let’s go back, shall we?” Heenim pulls Jochul’s hand with him. The kid nodded his head.

“Let’s go,” said Heenim this time to Taeyeon. Taeyeon nodded a little but her head turns to Baekhyun again. Heenim who notices this stopped at his track. He looked at the two and somehow convinced that they actually know each other.

“Looks like you have something undone here. See ya then,” said Heenim before he left with Jochul. Taeyeon wanted to say something to him but got stopped when the two figures are already walking away from them.

 

 

It was an awkward silence that stays for some minutes. The girl is confused of what to do while the boy was trying hard to calm himself down. He loses hope for having Taeyeon by his side again, and seeing her face makes it worse. He has waited six years for this opportunity but this didn’t go as planned on his mind.

The silence is s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter