A Wish

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 years later...

 
 
The sound of a ringing bell makes everyone suddenly excited. They shouted in joy and ran as fast as possible to leave the class. Taeyeon who was caught of guard was just telling the kids to be careful and stay safe while playing outside while following them.
 
“Don’t you want to play with us, Miss?” a beautiful kid stepped closer to her as he held a lunch box on her tiny hands. Taeyeon kneeled down and smiled at her.
 
“I want to eat too. But I will just eat inside the class, you can go and play with your friends,” she patted her shoulder.
 
The little girl named Mari nodded at her and walked out, leaving the class with two of her friends on her side. After making sure that her children, that’s what she always call them, are already on the school’s playground and was playing safe, Taeyeon decided to walk back to the classroom. She greeted Kangjoon, a man in this school who is responsible for the playground when recess time came.
 
“It’s my duty now?” a voice came from her behind, followed by an arm dangling on her shoulder. Taeyeon shoved the arm a bit and scowled at the person who grinned at her.
 
“Your arm is heavy,” she murmured as she walked ahead. She heard her friend snickered at her.
 
“All of them are already outside?” asked her friend.
 
Taeyeon turned around and smiled. “Ne, Ms. Jung. Now it’s your turn to look after them,” she said every word slowly. She laughed when she saw the change of expression on Sooyeon face but then they just laughed it off together.
 
“Alright, I’m going outside. Make sure you eat your lunch!” said her friend before she left. Taeyeon smiled and continued to walk back to her class.
 


 
After deciding to stay in Jeonju six years ago, there was four months of contemplating that she went through. She was confused of how to carry on her life. Leaving her study in Seoul was one of the biggest mistake she did, but that’s the risks of the decision she chose. It’s unavoidable. Luckily, her best friend, Sooyeon, offered her a job as a teacher in the kindergarten she worked at. Taeyeon agreed on her offer and learnt for two years to be qualified as a teacher. It wasn’t that hard as learning about business and economy.
 
Now, it’s been less than four years that she has been a teacher. She almost gave up in the beginning since it needs extra patience when facing kids but with the help of her friends, she managed to get close with the kids. Now, Taeyeon really enjoy her job. Having kids around her to be taken care of is tiring, but she also got the joy of it.
 
Kids are so pure, like a plain white paper. What they said and what they do came from their single thought. They are also so cute and adorable, especially when they do things that Taeyeon never expect before. Like for example, there is this time when a boy in her class was fighting against a boy from the other class. Taeyeon was upset for a second, because he is actually a good and a smart kid and also one of his favorite student. But after she asked him the reason, she forget all the things she want to say. For her, it was so touching.
 
She still remembers his wavering eyes when he said: “Jinyoung stole Mari’s toy and makes her cry. I asked him to give back but he keeps bothering Mari. That’s why I punch him because my mom said that a boy shouldn’t make a girl cry. That will make him a bad boy,”.
 
 


As she kept her gaze to the playground from the window of her class, she pulled out a sandwich from her bag and took a bite of it. She smiled when she saw some of them were running away from Sooye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter