Not A Goodbye

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She wants to meet you,”
 
The words keep lingering in Baekhyun’s mind. He woke up this morning to the sound of his ringtone and found out that Yoona called him. It’s been a week since the last time the girl contacted him and there is only one reason she will call him. It must’ve been about Taeyeon. So without hesitating, Baekhyun answered her call.
 
Baekhyun was so surprised when Yoona said that Taeyeon wanted to meet him. He even asked Yoona if she was joking or not. Taeyeon wanted to meet him in a restaurant near her neighborhood and asked Yoona to pass the message to him. Although Baekhyun felt a bit sad that Taeyeon didn’t call him personally, he was still glad that she still want to meet him.
 
“She said to come at twelve in the afternoon. I don’t know what will she say and what is she up to… I wish the two of you a good luck,” said Yoona before she ended her call.
 
 
Baekhyun glanced on his watch as he stepped inside the restaurant. A waiter welcomed him and asked him where to sit. He was about to answer until his eyes caught a figure in the very corner of the room. She took a table that is far from people’s attention. He shook his head politely to the waiter and signaling him that he already found his seat.
 
The beat on Baekhyun’s heart keeps increasing the nearer he walked to the girl whose head is hanging low. She didn’t realize his presence yet and he took the time to stare at her. She hadn’t change a bit, though her eyes look a little bit puffy. Did she cry?
 
Suddenly, the girl turned her head and immediately gasped when she saw Baekhyun is already standing in front of her. For one second when their eyes meet, both of them suddenly forget how to breathe. They looked into each other eyes for a while until Taeyeon decided to look away. She cleared before she looked up again.
 
“Uh, take a seat,” her voice sounded so soft as she gestured him the chair on her opposite. Baekhyun nodded and sat in front of her. He scratched his nape nervously when he saw Taeyeon is looking at him.
 
“I, uhm, have ordered a drink for you,” she said again. Only then that Baekhyun noticed a glass of chocolate milkshake on the table for him and a glass of orange juice for her. He smiled slightly, glad that Taeyeon still remembers his favorite drink.
 
“Thank you,” he replied as he looked into her eyes again.
 
Taeyeon nods nervously. She thought that she can handle herself, yet she was so nervous and speechless when she saw his figure standing in front of her. There is something growing inside her chest when she saw the longing look and sad eyes on his face and she blamed herself for making him like that.
 
“How are you doing?” Taeyeon closed her eyes when she heard his soft voice. Even after what she did, he is still treating her the same. She didn’t deserve this man, she thought. He is too kind for her, too good for her selfish self.
 
“I’m fine,” she replied quietly. Not now, she said to herself. Tears started to brim on her eyes and she blinked it away.
 
Baekhyun nodded at her reply. She is lying, he thought. Her eyes suddenly reddened when he asked her, that means she was holding her tears. And her face… How much it pained his heart when he knows that there is no more cheerful Taeyeon. Her bright and happy face that always greeted him whenever they met…has gone.
 
“So I—“
 
“Taeyeon I—“
 
They both stopped what they are trying to say. Taeyeon looked down while Baekhyun scratched his nape again.
 
“You can go first,” said the boy as he can’t stand the awkward silence.
 
Taeyeon looked up again and the knot on her fingers tightens. This is it…
 
“I just want to say that I…,” she paused for a moment. How could she say it when Baekhyun is looking at her like that? But there is no turning back, her mind is telling her. So she gulped down her own saliva and took another deep breath before she talk again.
 
“I will move somewhere. I am leaving Seoul,” she said the last words quietly. Baekhyun’s mind went blank at the last sentence she said. Leaving Seoul? So she will leave me?
 
“You know what,” Taeyeon scrunched her nose. She grips her sleeve to calm her down. “I’ve been thinking for a week…about what h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter