Safe and Secured

There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nice topic, interesting facts and a well prepared presentation. I’ll give A+ for the both of you,” Taeyeon and Baekhyun smiled at the professor’s statement. They then took the scoring paper from their professor as they thanked him for the score.

“As expected from you Ms. Kim, and you as well Mr. Byun,” he continued. Taeyeon bowed her head at him, followed by Baekhyun before they walked back to their seat.

“We did great,” Taeyeon said as Baekhyun sits next to hear.

“You did great,” he replied.

“Give yourself a credit too. We won’t make it without you,” she nudged him.

“But you did like seventy percent of the paper,” he replied again.

“Does it matter? The idea of this whole paper comes from you and you provide us with those latest economic and business book. I would’ve never had any access to it if it’s not you,” she reasoned back.

Baekhyun glanced at her.

“I won’t have the chance to read those books you have since I can’t afford it,” she continued.

“You can always come to me and I will lend you the book,” he said, eyes softening at her side profile. He feels bad for Taeyeon, knowing a very smart and brilliant student like her got limited access to study just because of money. He would do anything to help her study, that’s what Baekhyun kept in his mind after listening to her.

She looked at Baekhyun. “Really?” she asked him.

“Anything for the one who got me great grade today,” he shrugged. She smiled, leaving his face and bit down her lips. Gratitude is overwhelming her. Baekhyun is so kind, that’s what she thought.

“Thanks again,” she said without looking at Baekhyun, eyes focusing on the notes she scribbled down as the next presentation has begun.

“You are very welcome,” he smiled, unnoticed by Taeyeon.

“I heard someone got an A+ today,” Sehun nudged Kai’s elbow.

“Oh there are two actually,” the latter replied.

“Taeyeon and Baekhyun? For real?” Yoona eyed them in surprise.

Baekhyun nodded while Taeyeon just keep eating her food.

“No wonder from the genius,” suddenly a familiar voice can be heard. They all shoot their head up, finding a tall figure smiling at them.

“YAH YOU RASCAL!” the first one to react is Taeyeon, as she jumped from her seat and walked fast to Chanyeol who in seconds already got his arm pinched by Taeyeon.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you left last week!? And now look at you, coming back without notice,” she half-yelled as she keep pinching his arm.

“Aw, AW! That hurts,” he keeps avoiding Taeyeon.

Sehun also rose from his seat as he pulled Chanyeol away from Taeyeon and patted his back. “Forgive this dumb, Taeyeon. Also, welcome back man!” he said as he hugged him quick. Yoona also hugged him before she went back to her seat.

“Faster than I thought?” it’s Baekhyun now as he fist-bumped with Chanyeol.

“It was finished sooner than I thought so I come back,” he replied.

Taeyeon is already on her seat as she drinks her milk down, eyes piercing on Chanyeol. Chanyeol sees it and he chuckled.

“Fine I’m sorry geez. Why? You miss me?”

Taeyeon scoffed, “not a single bit,” she replied.

Baekhyun eyes can’t leave the two. They seem so close, he wonders what relationship they both have.

“Aeyyy, you’re lying,” he teased.

“Be careful, she might punch you,” they heard Sehun’s warning, which create laughter in the group. But Baekhyun remains impassive.

Taeyeon earns Sehun a glare before replying Chanyeol. “I just like to be informed that’s all,”

“Yeah. I remember she scolded me when I didn’t tell her that I went for a three days’ vacation in January this year,” Sehun said. Yoona agreed with Sehun as she told her story as well.

“See. You guys really like to leave without informing. I…,” she stopped. Baekhyun noticed the sudden change of expression on her face before it comes back to normal. It’s like, she is scared.

“Ok I got it. We promise we’ll always tell you if we’re going, alright?” Chanyeol eyes soften as he patted Taeyeon’s shoulder.

That rings something on Baekhyun’s mind. There is a lot of stuff he didn’t know from Taeyeon, and part of him is jealous to know that Chanyeol knows her better.

“Oh, I won’t join today’s class as well. I’m just coming to see you guys,” Chanyeol said as he rose from his s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter