Up, Up, and Away Part 1

Break of a Lifetime

 

Yeah, This is just a randoom GIF, but it kinda relates?  I mean, look, B.A.P are trying to fly?? Hahaha...Okay, I'm done

 

Blue is them speaking in Korean! :)

 

EXO’s POV:

 

EXO’s manager turned around to face the group.  They were about to board the plane when the manager got some shocking and unfortunate news. 

He sighs before saying, “Guys.  I have some bad news.”  The boys all looked at him.

What’s wrong, hyung?” Suho asked.

Well, I just got informed that our tickets were mixed up or something.  So instead of sitting in the first-class section, we’ll be sitting in the economy section.  And since we can’t wait any longer for another flight, we are going to just have to deal with it,” the manager says, a little worriedly. 

The guys looked at each other.  Some look worried while others are excited.

This will be fun then!” Chanyeol exclaims.

It sure will be interesting,” Xuimin says before laughing.

Okay guys.  Just make sure to be on your best behavior.  You never know who we’ll be sitting next to,” Suho says, already in leader mode.

Flight 328 is ready for departure.  Please begin boarding the plane.

Ok guys,” the manager begins, “it’s time to board the plane.  Let’s go.” 

 

On the Plane:

 

They all get on the plane and find their seats.  They find out that they are not all sitting together and are mostly spread out. 

Chen, who’s sitting next to Baekhyun, nudges him and says, “Maybe we’ll get a hot girl sitting next to us,” before wiggling his eyebrows up and down.  Baekhyun just shakes his head and giggles.

Suho and Sehun are seated next to each other in one row, while D.O and Chanyeol are in another row, and Kai and Xiumin in another. 

The manager is in a row by himself, behind the boys, where he can get a good view of all of them.  Please give me strength for this ride, he says to himself, looking up, as if he’s praying to the kpop Gods.

 

Anne’s POV

 

The four of us begin boarding the plane.  As I looked at our tickets, I realize that we wouldn’t be sitting next to each other.  Because of this, I begin to panic.

“Um, guys,” I begin to say, as I cling on to Scynthia’s arm.  “Why aren’t we sitting next to each other?”

Lauren looks at our tickets.  “Huh, well look at that.”  She shrugs and then says, “It’s not like we’ll be far away from each other anyways.  It’s not a big deal.”

Jenny nods at Lauren then turns to look at me and Scynthia, holding on each other like our lives depended on it. 

“Oh,” Jennystarted, “I forgot they’ve never been on a plane before.  This could be bad.”

Scynthia looks around the plane, before spotting something . . . or should I say, someones.

She looks at her ticket before smiling and looking back at us.  “I think I’ll be okay.  I mean, it won’t be that bad right?”  After she says this we follow her gaze, which led to the seat in between Chen and Baekhyun.

After this, they all began to look at their tickets, realizing that they all got to sit by some EXO members.  Lauren by Suho and Sehun, while Jeanine’s seat was next to D.O and Chanyeol. 

As they all hurriedly left me standing in the aisle to go to their seats, I hesitantly began walking to mine, not really caring who I sat next to.  The only thing on my mind being how I’m going to survive this flight.  I take my seat, not paying attention to who was next to.  I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat, as I felt tears sting my eyes.  I hurriedly blink them away.  You see, I’m not the most outgoing person, and I’m quite shy and quiet, too.  So the fear of planes, added to me being by myself, did not help me at all.  I had to sit on my hands because they actually started shaking.

Why didn’t I take something before this flight?  Do they serve alcohol?  I heard that helps. I start thinking to myself.  I haven’t even had my first alcoholic drink, yet.  But that was how nervous and scared I was currently. 

As I’m thinking bad thoughts to myself, such as, I’m gonna die on this plane.  What if this plane falls in the ocean?  I’m not that good of a swimmer.  Oh my god.  I’m gonna get eaten by sharks.  As you can see, thinking was not a good idea, not in this case anyway.  As I’m freaking myself out even more, someone’s voice pulls me out of my thoughts. 

“Are you…um alright?” someone asks with a huge accent. 

I look to my right and see Kai from EXO sitting next to me.  I slowly nod and turn my direction back to the front.  I’m so freaking scared that it doesn’t occur to me that I should be excited Kai from EXO, THE FRIGGIN EXO, is currently sitting next to me.

He talks again, “Are you sure you are alright?” He says again in English.  He points to my face and says, “You are crying.”

I look at him before putting my hands up to my face, not realizing that I had let my tears fall.  I wipe them off quickly.

“Sorry.  I’m just really nervous.  This is my first time on a plane and it’s not going to well,” I say all fast.   He looks at me with a confused look on his face.

Finally.  It all sinks in.  I’m sitting next to Kai from EXO.  Though I should probably be fangirling right now, I just can’t.  But soon, I realize that he probably can’t speak English that well, so I put the Korean I learned to good use.

“I’m sorry,” I say in Korean, “I said I’m just really nervous.  This is my first time on a plane and it’s not going well.”

His eyes widen as I spoke to him in Korean.  Deep down, I thank my grandma for making me learn the language, as I did have to speak to my Korean side of the family.

You speak Korean,” he says shocked.

I nod and reply back.  “I’m part Korean, so I was kind of forced to learn it.”  I shrug after I said that.  I then offer him a small smile.

 

Kai’s POV

 

Of course I would get stuck by myself, I sigh as I think to myself.  I mean, Xiumin hyung is next to me but he’s asleep.  So I may as well be by myself.  All of a sudden I feel a presence sit next to me.  I look to my left to see a girl, who looks to be kind of close to my age.  It looked like she was American.  She has tan skin, slightly darker than mine, curly black hair, and wore glasses.  I looked her up and down, as she was wearing a Transformers crewneck, some jeans, and a pair of black high top chucks, each with a different color shoe string. 

As I went to look back up at her face, I noticed that she looked really scared.  Must be her first time flying I thought.  I then attempted to put English words together to see if she was alright.

“Are you…um alright?” I asked.  I cursed myself, as I probably should’ve paid more attention to our English lessons.

She slowly looked towards me and I swear my heart stopped for a moment.  (Yeah, yeah, cliché, blah blah.  But hey, what can you do?  Anyways, back to the story).  She slowly nodded and turned back and faced forward.  I noticed that she was crying, so I attempted to ask if she was alright again.

“Are you sure you are alright?” I say, pretty proud that I didn’t stutter this time.  I point to her face and say, “You are crying.”

She looks at me then touches her face, as if she didn’t know she was crying.  She wipes away her tears before saying something that I couldn’t quite understand.

“Sorry.  I’m just really nervous.  This is my first time on a plane and it’s not going to well,” she says.

I must have had the most confused look on my face because she looked at me before doing something I totally did not expect. 

I’m sorry,” She says in Korean, “I said I’m just really nervous.  This is my first time on a plane and it’s not going well.”

I look at her wide eyed before saying, in Korean of course, “You can speak Korean.

She nods and says, “I’m part Korean, so I was kind of forced to learn it.”  She then offered a little smile.

After that, I praised the kpop Gods that I was away from the rest of the guys and that Xiumin hyung was asleep.  This will be an interesting flight, interesting flight indeed.