These Are My Confessions

Break of a Lifetime

(Now be honest and tell me you sang the title in Usher's voice?? No? Just me? Okay. . .moving on).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

635922452484501074-1867376738_10152369.g (Well, you will now! haha!)

 

Warning: Tis a very crappy chapter ahead. It also includes some violence and abuse.

 

Ann's POV

 

I'm walking down the streets of Seoul. I can't believe I haven't even toured this city yet.

As I'm walking down the street, I feel this presence that someone is following me. I look behind me. What a dumb thought. I'm walking on a crowded sidewalk. I shake my head at my crazy ideas.

I continue walking, until all of a sudden, someone pulls me into an ally.  Before I can scream for help, the person slams me against the wall. I look up to see it's a man. My eyes widen as I recognize the face.

"Nice to see you again, too, sweetie," the man says.

I try to squirm and get free, only to be held with more force.

The guy then slaps me before saying, "I came here to finish what I started." He then pulls out a knife and aims it right at my stomach.

 

I then start screaming.

 

Suddenly, I hear voices and I feel like someone is shaking me.

 

I open my eyes to see that I'm in my room.

 

It was only a nightmare. . .

 

"Are you okay?" Lauren asks.

"He c-came back. He was h-here," I say, totally freaked out and scared.

I then look under the covers to look and feel my stomach.

BTS then came in my room.

"Are you guys alright? We heard screaming," Rap Monster says.

"Yeah. Ann just had a nightmare," Lauren says.

"Are you okay Ann?" Jin asks.

I look around the room, checking to see if he was here or if it was actually just a dream.

I sigh as I lean my elbows on my legs and put my head in my hands.

"He was h-here. He t-tried to k-kill me," I say, not knowing that tears were already falling from my eyes.

"It's alright Ann," Suga says as he sits next to me on my bed.

"Hyung is right. We're all here for you," V says.

"How about we all go to the living room and sleep there so Ann doesn't have to be alone," Jin suggests.

"Sleepover!" Jimin and Jungkook yell at the same time.

"You guys don't have to do that. I'm sorry I disturbed your guys' sleep," I say with my face still in my hands.

"We want to. Plus, it'll be fun having a group sleepover," Jungkook says. I'm not even looking at him but can tell that he's smiling.

"Yeah. Plus Scynthia and Hoseok can join us when they get back," Rap Monster says.

 

Suga's POV

 

Everyone went to help set up the living room, except me, who stayed beside Ann.

 

"Ann look at me," I say.

"I don't w-want to," she says.

"Ann," I say, more sternly.

She sighs before looking at me. She's not crying but tears are falling down her face.

I hold her face in my hands and wipe her tears off with my thumbs.

"Ann, we are all here to help you. We are here for you. And I promise, I will not let that guy, or anyone else hurt you," I say as I look directly into her eyes.

"You p-promise?" She asks. I can still hear the fear in her voice.

"I promise. Now how about we go and join the others?" I say.

She nods and gathers her pillow and blanket.

 

As we reach the living room, I notice something.

"Guys," I say.

"What's up?" Jimin asks.

"Is it just me, or has Ann been talking?" I say.

Everyone looks toward Ann before smiling.

"Noona! I missed your voice!" Jungkook says.

"Me too, even though it's slightly annoying," Jimin says before laughing.

Ann shrugs, "Well, guess you'll have to get used to it again," she says before smiling.

Lauren runs and hugs Ann.

 

Author's POV

 

The gang soon began watching tv and talking.

Later, Scynthia and J-Hope returned, hand in hand and smiles on their faces.

 

"I assume your date went well," Ann says from the couch.

"Indeed it did," Scynthia replies back before widening her eyes.

"Did Ann just talk? What did I miss?" Scynthia says.

"She had a pretty bad nightmare," Jin says.

"Was it about him again?" Scynthia asks as her and J-Hope join the rest of the group.

Ann slowly nods her head.

"Ann, I think it'll help if you tell everyone what happened. We can do it tomorrow and I can tell Kai and Jenny so they can be here, too. We all just wanna be here and support you," Scynthia says.

Ann sighs before nodding.

"You're right. It's a plan," she says.

Everyone nods.

 

For the rest of the night, the gang watched movies and just hung out with each other.

 

Ann enjoyed this moment. Maybe Scynthia is right, she thought, maybe she'll feel more relaxed when she gets this off her chest. She sighs happily, as she lays her head on the shoulder of the person next to her and falls asleep.

 

That person just happens to be Suga.

 

 

The Next Day

 

Author’s POV

 

Everyone begins to wake up, except Suga and Ann.  Well, Suga is awake but Ann is sleeping on him and he doesn’t want to disturb her.  She looks so peaceful and cute sleeping, Suga says to himself.

All of a sudden Jimin comes out of no where, with a blow horn, and blows it right in front of Ann’s face.

Ann jumps up, eyes wide.  She then looks around before her eyes land on Jimin.  Then she glares at him.

What the actual Jimin?” Suga says as he stands from the couch.

I needed to wake Ann up and I was not failing this time,” Jimin says before smiling and walking away.

Ann sighs before standing up and looking at Suga.

Uhh, sorry I fell asleep on you last night,” Ann says while nervously rubbing her arm.

It’s cool. You look cute when you sleep by the way,” Suga says before smirking and leaving to get ready for the day.

Ann’s eyes widen.  Did he just call me cute, Ann asks herself.

“Yes, he called you cute. Now go on and get ready,” Lauren says before smiling.

Ann rolls her eyes before leaving to get ready.

 

Everyone is now sitting in the living room, even Kai and Jenny came.

Okay, so why am I here?” Jenny asks impatiently.

You’re here to help one of your best friends,” Scynthia says.

Well this better not take long, I don’t have all day,” Jenny says before crossing her arms and crossing her leg over the other.

You don’t have to be here if you have things to do. It’s not that important anyways,” Ann says before giving a small smile.

What do you mean, Ann? This is important!” Lauren says, trying her best not to yell.

The heck it isn’t! All you have to do is listen then you can leave to your new career that’s now more important than your friends!” Scynthia exclaims.

Guys, let’s just calm down,” Rap Monster says.

Start whenever you’re ready, Ann,” Suga says calmly.

 

 

Ann’s POV

 

This is so weird.  It feels like I’m in an AA meeting, about to tell everyone about a problem that I have and how long I’ve had it.

Take your time,” Lauren says.

Don’t take your time. Like I said, I don’t have all day,” Jenny says before rolling her eyes.

Don’t listen to her,” Scynthia says.

I look at Jenny.  Why is she so mean all of a sudden?  She doesn’t even hang out with us anymore.  I know we’re all busy but the rest of us finds time to hang out, even if it’s just for 30 minutes at a coffee shop.

I sigh before starting.  Here goes nothing.

So, I guess this happened around, what, Jr. High?” I say looking at Scynthia who nods her head.

“Yeah, so Jr. High. Um, my family was kind of going through a hard time. My dad lost his job and we had just moved to a new neighborhood so my dad could find a new one,” I begin.

And that is when she met this lovely person right here. I was her neighbor and she came to my school and we just became friends ever since then,” Scynthia says.

I nod and smile before continuing. 

“Yup. So everything was okay, until my dad got fed up cause he wasn’t able to find a job. He just kept getting more and more impatient.  He then started to drink because of this. I guess it was his stress reliever or something. So one day, I went to him and said I wanted to help him,” I say.

 

*FLASHBACK*

(Still in Ann’s POV because she is narrating)

 

I came home from school having the best idea and wanting to share it with my dad.  I remember hoping it would make him feel better or happier.

I walk through the door and see my dad sitting on the couch.

“Hey dad!” I say excitedly.

“What?” He says. I jump a little but continue with my plan.

“So. I have this idea! I can start babysitting since there are a few little kids on the street. And this can help you and mom,” I say before smiling.

He then stands up and hovers over me.

“Who says I need your help? You don’t think I can take care of this family?” He yells.

I look at the floor and see beer bottles.  He’s been drinking again.  I swallow before looking up at him.

“That’s not what I meant. I just want to he-“

SLAP!

He slaps me right across the face.

He looks at his hand before looking at me.

“I’m so sorry, sweetie! I didn’t mean it! I’m sorry!’ he says before hugging me.

I nod as he breaks the hug.

“I-it’s okay. I’m sorry I brought it up,” I say, “I’m going to go upstairs and do my homework.” He nods before going back and sitting on the couch.

That, however, was only the start.

It seemed like everytime he got rejected or didn’t get hired, he would hit me.  But he never did it where it was visible.  It was usually in my stomach or back. And everytime, it got worse and worse.

I tried telling my mom but he would always find some way to stop me or just take her somewhere else.

It stopped for a while but I think Scythia began to notice.  I would always wear a shirt over my swimsuit so my bruises and scars wouldn’t show.  And when she would touch my back, I would flinch and even scream because of the pain.  I even had to stop going to dance classes for about a month because I couldn't bear the pain.  it hurt oo much to dance.  That was probably the biggest hint of all because she knew how much I loved to dance.  I never outright told her, though.

One day, I came home to find my mom and dad arguing.  To this day, I still don’t know what the argument was even about but it had to be pretty bad because my mom stormed out the house.

A couple hours passed and my mom still didn’t come back.  I figured my dad would be drinking so I thought I should get out of the house for the night.  So I texted Scynthia and asked if I could spend the night at her house and she said it was okay.  So I packed a bag headed down the stairs.

As I was about to leave, my dad came behind me and slammed the door shut.

“And where the hell do you think you’re going?” He asks angrily.

“I-I’m going over to Scynthia’s,” I say.

“No you’re not. You’re the reason why your mother left,” he says as he comes closer to me.

“I didn’t d-do anything,” I say. And at this point, I am completely terrified because I smell the alcohol from his mouth.

He punches the door, which barely missed my face.

“I’m so tired of you. You ruin everything,” He says.

He slaps me across the face then punches me in the stomach.  He then reaches to his back pocket and brings out a knife.

He points it to me before saying, “I’m going to kill you so you won’t ever ruin me and your mother’s lives anymore.”

I start screaming as loud as I could.  I even start kicking him so I could try to escape the house.  I was able to open the door and yell help but he caught me before I could leave.  He then pushes me on the ground.  He starts walking towards me with the knife in his hand.  He was about two inches away from stabbing my stomach when police kick down the door and tackle him to the ground.  As they do this, he still has the knife in his hand and he slits my stomach.  At this point, Scynthia and her parents came running in the door to me. 

I guessed I passed out at that moment because the next time I woke up, I was lying in a hospital bed with my mom at the side.

And from there I had the nightmares and Scynthia was nice enough to put up with me while I screamed most of the nights.  My mom then put me in therapy and I guess everything got better.  He was sent to prison, me and my mother were and are still close as ever, and I still have my best friend. 

 

*END FLASHBACK*

 

And that’s that,” I say before letting out a breath I didn’t even know I was holding.

I look around the room to see that Lauren was crying while Jungkook and Kai had a few tears in their eyes.

I’m so sorry you had to go through that,” Rap Monster says.

I shrug. “It happened. Can’t do anything about it. I mean, all of my scars and bruises healed and gone. I mean, I have the scar from the knife wound. But there’s no need to cry about it. I'm here and safe, which is what matters,” I say, looking at Lauren, Jungkook, and Kai.

Why are the nightmares back?” V asks.

I sigh and rub a hand down my face.

He has a parole meeting coming up really soon. I think in about a week in a half. So there’s this chance he could be getting out of prison. I actually think that’s why my mom agreed with me coming here. I think she didn’t want me to be there if he does get out. But I guess the thought of him being free scared me so much that the nightmares just came back,” I say.

Jimin looks down, a tear falling from his eye.  “I’m sorry Ann. I didn’t mean to do it. I’m not like your father, honest.  I promise I’ll control my drinking and be more responsible,” Jimin says.

I know Jimin. You’re a good guy. Like I said, it was a freak accident. It’s all forgotten,” I say before offering a smile.

Suga then stands up and hugs me.

We’ll all protect you. We won’t let him hurt you,” He says.

Everyone else nods in agreement.

Thank you. I’m really glad I have you guys. I’m sorry it took me so long to tell you all. I appreciate all that you do,” I say.

GROUP HUG!” Jungkook says.

Everyone then comes tackling me in hugs.  Everyone except Jenny.

Well, if this little shindig is over, I have places to be,” she says. 

We break the hug.

I walk up to her and say, “Thanks for being here. I really appreciate it.

Yeah, okay.”  She then turns around to leave but pauses and turns to face me again.

Quick question. When does your guys’ show air again?” she asks.

Tomorrow!” V says excitedly.

"Do you plan on watching it?" I ask cheerfully.

She nods and says, “I definitely do,” before smirking and leaving.

Well that wasn’t weird at all,” Jin says.

Seriously. And what are all these special people and events she’s always going to. I mean, she could have invited us,” Lauren says.

I shrug and laugh.  "Who knows," I say.

 

Hyejin then comes in the dorm.

"Okay everyone! Back to work! Training and filming! Let's go!" Hyejin says.

We all say our goodbyes before heading our separate ways to finish out our day.

 

 

Well, there was that chapter.  Not my best and I apologize.  

I won't be able to update for about a week, if not longer. I have to go back to schooling :( *cries*

I really apprecate to everyone who reads the story! I hope you all continue to enjoy it!

And an absolute huge THANK YOU to dimbeb29, Bakanani, and Khaye5 for commenting! It means a lot!  I'm glad you all are enjoying it!  I'm also glad you guys enjoy the little jokes and the gifs and pics I add in the story!  I legit had a Fetty Wap day when I wrote that chapter, lol!  And to be honest, adding pictures and gifs are my fav part! haha.

Anyways, until next time, PEACE :)

large.gif

giphy.gif

CeUXQfAUAAAqYrw.jpg

Okay. So can we please all take a moment and think about this picture here. I mean how pretty does Hongbin look right here?? I can't even deal.  

 

 

OMG! Can't believe I almost forgot!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAE & BAE!! HOYA AND JACKSON

tumblr_mq5x22G1sS1rnxz01o1_500.gif

hoya.gif

large.giftumblr_n0nem2lD9c1tp4mkso5_250.gif