We Will Make it Out Together

Break of a Lifetime

Ann' Pov

 

I can't believe she did that.

She's supposed to be my friend.

How could she do that to us.

She outed Scynthia and she tried to out me.

Now people are probably suspicious of my dad.

Tears start forming in my eyes again but I don't let them fall. I refuse to let them fall. Crying is for the weak.

But then again, I am weak. I just walked away. I left Scynthia by herself. I'm such a coward. I'm just not as strong as Scynthia.

After Jenny did what she did, I just ran off. That's probably what she wanted anyway.

I ran all the way back to the company. I'm now sitting in the practice room with my earphones in.

I just don't know what to do now. There's a high chance Jenny could talk about this on her stupid show tonight and I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

Everyone is probably worried. They're probably trying to call me right now. I wouldn't know, though. When I came here, I threw my phone at the wall out of anger. Now, I no longer have a phone.

I sigh as I stand up. I should probably go back to the dorm. I get my backpack and put my face mask back on and start to head out. 

Scynthia's pov

We all came back the dorm, hoping we would find Ann here.

I sigh as I look in our room, finding nothing.

I come back to the living room where everyone else is.

"She's not here," I say.

Can this night get any worse?

I go up to Hoseok and hug him. I lean my forehead on his shoulder.

"This night started off so good. What happened?" I say.

He hugs me back and starts caressing my back.

"It'll be okay. Everything will be okay," Hoseok says before kissing the top of my head.

"Aish! Who left the remote on the floor?" Jin asks.  I'm assuming her stepped on the remote.

I then hear the tv come on.  Yup, my assumption was right.

"Good evening everyone, I'm Hyuk,"
"
And I'm Jenny,"
"
Welcome to Korean Entertainment News. The headline tonight is what went down at inkigayo. Jenny, I must say, that was an interesting interview you gave."
Jenny giggles. "Why thanks. I thought I'd just ask the questions the fans wanted to know."

 

"You've got to be kidding me," I say as I break from the hug and look at the T.V.

"Why is she doing this to you guys?" Kai asks.

"Heck if I know!" I say throwing my hands into the air.

I really don’t understand what has gotten into her, like seriously!” Lauren says. 

I then put my attention back at the T.V.

So BTS’s J-Hope and the new trainee aren’t an item? I’m kind of sad to hear about that,” her partner says.

I don’t know. It really seem like they’re a couple, or at least dating. All we can do is wait!” Jenny says excitedly.

 

Why is she only targeting you two? I don’t understand this,” Hoseok says.

"So, I was quite interested at why Ann walked off stage," this dude says.

"So was I. But, right after the show, I got an anonymous call about this situation," Jenny says.

 

"She is not. She better not do what I think she's about to do," I say, my temper is rising once again.

"She wouldn't stoop that low would she?" Rap Monster asks.

"Who knows! I don't even know who she is anymore," I say.

"Apparently, Ann's father is in prison. Sad, I know," Jenny says.

At that moment, I hear the door shut and I turn my head, just to see Ann standing there, with tears in her eyes.

"Ann, it's going to be o-" I, however, get cut off by her.

"I'm going to bed," she says in a shaky voice before quickly walking to our room.

"I'm going to kill this girl," I say between gritted teeth.

She’s actually crying, like legit crying. Jenny actually made her cry,” Lauren says with a mix of surprise, anger, and sadness.

Come on Lauren, let’s go talk to her,” I say before walking to our room.

Lauren follows me.

When I open the door, I find Ann sitting in her bed, hugging her knees, head down.  I can hear her crying even though I can tell she is trying to do it quietly.

Lauren shuts the door as I come sit next to her and put my arms around her.

“Everything is going to be alright,” I say calmly.

She then looks at me with tears flowing down her face.

“Alright? You think everything is going to be alright?” she asks in a whispered voice.

Before I could even reply, she speaks again.

“Nothing is going to be alright,” she starts, voice getting higher.  “None of this was supposed to happen!” she says before getting out of my embrace and standing up.  She looks like a complete mess.

“Ann, just listen,” Lauren starts only to be cut off by Ann.

“NO! Everyone now knows my dad is in prison! People I don’t even know, now knows my business! This was not supposed to happen!!” She yells.

I just sit there and watch, not really knowing what to do. This is the first time I’ve see her act like this.  She didn’t even act like this when stuff with her dad happened.

She then starts to pace back and forth, running her hands through her hair.

“This was not supposed to happen! Why would she do this? I thought she was my friend? I was there for her even when she started this new career or whatever. All I ever did was be there for her,” Ann says, her anger rising.  This is not going to turn out well.

“This trip. Is this what she planned? Did she plan all of this? Is this what she wanted? Well, you know what? She succeeded!” she says or rather yells.

She then walks to the wall and punches a hole in it before falling to the floor and just starts all out crying.

Lauren and I run to her, both of us hugging her.

“Why d-did she d-do th-this?” Ann says between her hard crying.

“I don’t know, Ann,” I say, tears falling down my face now.

“Just know, that no matter what happens, we will be here for you, me and Scynthia. No matter what happens, we will make it out together. I can promise you that,” Lauren says in a shaky voice, her crying as well.

Ann nods her head.

“Scynthia, I’m sorry for leaving you by yourself like that. I-I just couldn’t do it,” Ann says as she continues to cry.

“It’s okay now. That doesn’t matter anymore,” I say.

 

We sit there for a while. 

As I sit there, I hear Ann’s breathing getting slower and quieter.

Me and Lauren both turn towards her to find out that she fell asleep.

Before I can even move, a knock sounds from the door.

The guys then slowly open the door, before piling into our room.

Is she okay?” Kai asks quietly.

I nod.

What happened to her hand?” V asks, “It’s all red and bloody.”

Crap. I forgot about that. Could one of you get some ice for her?” Lauren asks.

I’ll do it,” Jungkook says before leaving our room.

I’ll go get the first-aid kit. We’re going to have to clean her hand off,” Suga says before leaving as well.

Here, I’ll bring her to the bed,” Kai says before lifting Ann and lying her on her bed.

Is she okay? We heard her yelling and crying out there,” Jin says.

I nod again.

I think she will be. I think she just exploded from keeping everything in,” I say.

Suga and Jungkook come back with the First-Aid and ice.

Suga cleans her hand off before taking the ice and placing it.

I think we all should just get some rest for tonight. It’s been a long night for everyone. Hyejin wants us to be at BigHit tomorrow morning, so she’s coming to get us,” Rap Monster says.

I nod my head.

Hoseok comes to me and hugs me tightly.

We’ll figure this out,” he says before kissing me on the forehead.

I nod and smile to him.

Everyone then leaves and heads to bed, except Lauren.

Could I spend the night here? I don’t really want to go back there with her,” Lauren says.

I go up to her and hug her before saying, “Of course. You’re always welcome here. Plus, I think it’ll be better if we’re just all here, especially for Ann,” I say. 

She breaks the hug and nods and smiles. 

We then squeeze ourselves into Ann’s bed, like we used to do when we had sleepovers in high school.

I then fall asleep, hoping that things get better soon.

 

 

Well, there you go! This is probably my shortest chapter so far. Haha. Hope you guys enjoy! Peace!