The Picture

Break of a Lifetime

Scynthia's POV

 

Tonight is the night! What do you ask? Well our first episode of our show comes on tonight!!

 

We are all currently at the company. We've been practicing for about five hours straight, so we decided to take a break. So now, here we are, at the cafeteria for lunch.

 

We are all talking amongst ourselves, when Ann, all of a sudden, gasps.

 

"Oh my goodness!" she says. 

"What's wrong?" Suga asks. 

She continues to not say anything but I notice she's staring at her phone.

 

So, me being me, I decide to take it and see for my self. When I look at the screen, my jaw drops.

 

"How did this happen?" I ask as I finally look up.

 

"I don't know. Lauren sent me a text with the link, asking if I knew about it. Did you post it on YouTube?" Ann asks.

 

"No I didn't," I say.

 

"What are you guys talking about?" Hoseok asks confusingly.

 

"Seriously. You guys just can't leave us in the dark. I know how to speak English and I still don't know what you guys are talking about," Rap Monster says. This dude, aish.

 

"Our audition tape, along with pictures of us, are now online," I say.

 

Jimin then takes Ann's phone from me. 

"Did you guys notice to see who posted it?" He says with a smirk.

 

Ann and I shake our heads.

 

"It's under BigHit's YouTube page, so they posted it," Jimin says.

 

"Why would they post it?" Ann asks. 

"Probably to make you guys popular. I mean, our show is coming on tonight.  How many views do you guys have right now?" Jin asks.

 

Jungkook looks over Jimin's shoulder to look at the phone.

 

"Noonas! You guys have almost 1 million views. And this was posted last night, too!" Jungkook says.

 

"Seems like you guys are popular," V says smiling.

 

"Well, I mean, look at us. How can we not become popular?" I say jokingly.

 

Just as I say this, Hyejin comes to our table.

 

"Hey guys. Ann and Scynthia, Mr. Bang would like to see you now," Hyejin says smiling.

 

Me and Ann look at each other before standing and following Hyejin.

 

 

Right before we open Mr. Bang's door, Ann asks, "What did you do?"

 

"I didn't do anything," I say before opening the door.

 

"Girls!" Mr Bang says happily as me and Ann bow.

 

"Please have a seat," he says.

 

"Did we do something wrong?" Ann asks.

 

"No, not at all. In fact, you guys did something amazing," he says while smiling.

 

"I'm not sure I follow," I say.

 

"Well last night, I decided to post your guys' audition tape, along with a picture of each of you, online," he says.

 

Ann nods, "Yeah. We just found out about it."

 

"Have you guys read the comments?" He asks before showing us his laptop.

 

And boy, were there a lot of comments:

Oh my goodness. They look awesome!

 

Wow. Curly haired girl is a really good dancer and the other one is an amazing rapper!

 

I can't wait for them to debut.

 

They look different. They're definitely foreign.

 

I'll see when they debut.

 

I don't think they'll go anywhere.

 

I love the rapper!! I can't wait for her debut.

 

Is the dancer Asian?

Excited for these girls!

And the comments went on and on.

"Wow," me and Ann say at the same time.

 

"I know. We're even receiving good comments from the T.V. show previews. Like I said girls, I have big plans for you. And this is only the beginning," he says before smiling.

 

"Depending on how this first episode goes, I think I may have a surprise for you guys later this week. You guys are dismissed," he finishes.

 

We bow before leaving his office.

 

As we're walking back to go practice some more Ann speaks.

 

"I can't believe we're already being talked about and we're just trainees. We're not even trainees. We're temporary trainees!" She says.

 

"Yeah I know. I wonder how it's going to be when the first episode comes on tonight," I say.

 

We then go to our separate ways.

 

 

Jenny's POV

 

I'm currently at the studio where Korean Entertainment News is filmed. Tonight will be my first night being an anchor for this show. I'm really excited. I love my co-workers as they're all really cool and nice!
My co-anchor is Hyuk. He seems like a guy who knows business. I think we'll get along well.

 

My boss then comes over to me.

 

"Hey Jenny. I got the topics I want you to cover for tonight's show," he says.

 

I nod. "What's new amongst our celebrities?" I ask smiling.

 

He smiles back before saying, "Well, you can cover Got7's comeback and about Rain's return to T.V. OH. I think this will be a big story. BigHit's two new American trainees are gaining popularity."

 

I try my hardest not to roll my eyes and scoff.

 

"Oh really?" I ask feigning interest.

 

"Yeah. Their audition tape was put out and a lot of people are excited for them. This will be great because we air right after their show with BTS. Just by the looks of it myself, I think they'll make it big, myself," he says before smiling and leaving.

 

I turn to leave and head to the staff lounge. I look to see if anyone is here. 

Close is clear. 

I then go to my bag and get my phone out.

 

I dial Korean Entertainment News hotline.

 

"Hi, this is Korean Entertainment News, how may I assist you today?" The lady says.

 

I clear my throat, trying to make my voice higher, before saying, "Yes. I have some pictures that I think your show would like."

 

 

 

Author's POV

 

Bts and the girls, including Lauren, are all in the living room waiting for their first episode to come on. The group invited Jenny and EXO, but Jenny said she'll be working so she'll watch it there and EXO is practicing but they promise to watch it at the company.

 

They are all spread on the couch and floor. J-Hope, Scynthia, V, Jin and Lauren are on the couch while Jungkook, Jimin, Suga, Ann, and Rap Monster are on the floor.

 

"Pass me the food please!" Ann says, trying to get comfortable on a pillow.

 

"Which food?" V asks.

 

"Everything!" She says before smiling and facing him.

 

"How do you eat so much and still look like that?" Jimin asks.

 

Ann shrugs, "Guess it's the dancing," she says before putting a handful of chips in .

 

"See, that's how you eat!" Jim says pointing at Ann, "You take big bites! Ann, we'll have to go out to lunch soon," he says smiling.

 

Ann nods her head, "Skcjcn fnjj," she says with full.

 

Ann gets a slap from Lauren. 

"Be a lady. No talking with your mouth full," Lauren says.

 

Ann swallows her food then sticks out her tongue before turning to Jin and saying, "I would love to."

 

Suga laughs and shakes his head.

 

"Guys! It's starting!" Jungkook says.

 

The episode starts with a woman's voice introducing BTS. She then begins explaining the concept of the show.

 

The scene of Scynthia and Ann arriving on the first day to the dorm plays.

 

"Ah. I forgot I was there that day," Lauren says before laughing.

 

"Ann was so quiet that day," Suga says before gently elbowing Ann and smiling at her.

 

"Yeah yeah," Ann says before smiling herself.

 

"Look at Hoseok and Scynthia," Rap Monster says before laughing.

 

Scynthia gently kicks Rap Monster's head. Everyone then begins laughing.

 

It went on like this for the rest of the episode, everyone laughing and teasing each other.

 

The show soon ends.

 

"That was good," Jimin says smiling.

 

V nods.

 

"We've all gotten closer since then, too," Jungkook says.

 

"I agree," Hoseok says before widely grinning and kissing Scynthia on the cheek.

 

"Geez. No PDA," Jimin says.

 

"Well, I'm heading to bed," Jin begins, "see you guys tomorrow."

 

"Yeah, me too," V says.

 

Everyone starts heading to bed and wishing each other a good night.

 

 

 

Ann's POV

 

I decided to stay up, while everyone went to bed, except for Suga.

 

"Aren't you heading to bed, too?" Suga asks Ann.

 

"In a bit," I say, "I'm gonna try to get some studying done."

 

Suga sighs before sitting back down.

 

"Guess I'm staying up for a bit, too," he says.

 

"You don't have to you know," I say.

 

He shrugs before smiling. "I want to though."

 

I shake my head and smile.  I get up off the ground and get my books before joining him on the couch. I lean on him as I begin studying.

 

About five minutes pass before I hear a song from the T.V.

 

I look up and see Jenny on T.V.

 

"Oh! This must be Jenny's new show she hosts!" I say getting excited.

 

Suga starts playing in my hair before saying, "You still think of her as a friend? Even how she reacted towards you yesterday? I mean, a friend doesn't act like that, especially with that topic at hand," He says.

 

I shrug. "I don't know. Maybe she was having a bad day. She says she's been busy lately," I say as I watch the guy talking about some actor's scandal.  I mean, Jenny has been acting weird. I'm just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. She is my friend.

"I just don't like how she's been treating you. Actually, she's been treating you, Scynthia, and Lauren badly. I just feel like she's up to something," he says, still playing in my hair.

 

Before I could open my mouth, Jenny shows up on screen. She looks very nice and is smiling.

 

"Hi guys. I'm Jenny, your new co-host. Before we begin our scheduled topics, we just got a breaking news story," Jenny says.

 

"I wonder why she decided to take this job. I mean, doesn't she know how you guys feel about this kind of stuff? People reporting on you and all?" I ask as I turn my head to look at Suga.

 

He shrugs before saying, "Yeah. It gets annoying but I guess it's just part of being an idol."

 

I nod before putting my attention back to my books.

 

All of a sudden, I hear something that catches my ears. I look up to the television, just in time to see a picture.

 

"We've received pictures from an anonymous source. It seems as if J-Hope from BTS and BigHit and one of BigHit's new trainee's, Scynthia, are out on a date. Could it be that these two are in a relationship?" Jenny says.

 

I hurriedly jump off the couch before grabbing the remote to pause the T.V.

 

I look towards Suga who's eyes are wide.

 

"," he says. 

 

 

 

The Next Day

 

 

 

Scynthia's POV

Well I'll be damned. Everything was going so well. Everyone was happy then this crap happens. 

 

Guess where I'm at right now? Yup, I'm at CEO Bangs office right now. 

Let me rephrase that. Me and Hoseok are in his office right now.

 

"I'm sorry Scynthia. This is my fault. I should have been more careful," Hoseok says with his head down.

 

"It's not your fault Hoseok. It's the person who decided to take the picture. And besides. It was an amazing date. So whatever happens, happens," I say before smiling, trying to cheer him up.

 

He looks up and smiles. Before he can say anything, Mr. Bang comes in his office.

 

He takes a seat Before showing his computer at us.

 

So, what do you guys have to say about this? You’re in the headlines and everything,” Mr. Bang says.  I can’t tell if he’s angry or not.

 

We should have been more careful,” Hoseok says.

 

Yes. I’m sorry,” I say, though I believe I did nothing wrong.

 

Mr. Bang crosses his arms and leans back in his chair before sighing.

 

I’m not mad or disappointed in you guys. I knew something was going on between you two.  I just didn’t know you’d guys would get caught this fast,” Mr. Bang says.

 

My eyes widen.  Well, I guess we haven’t been keeping it a secret here at the company.

 

I’ve been looking at the comments and I’m actually really shocked by how people reacted. I think last night’s episode and posting your audition tape really helped with this,” he says as he scrolls to a page on his latop before showing us again.

 

Oppa no! :(

 

Aw! He seems happy!

 

I already shipped them since the episode last night!

 

He seems happier! She seems really cool!

 

Totally okay with this!

 

Hmm… time to come up with ship names. . . #Hynthia? #Brung? So hard!

 

I don’t know. Just don’t hurt my oppa!

 

Not my J-Hope!

 

Not okay with this!

 

 

As you can see, we are getting more good than bad comments, which is really surprising but good.  However, no more public dates for a while. We’ll let this calm down on its own.  No need to make a public statement,” Mr. Bang says before smiling.

 

Really?” Hoseok shockingly asks.

 

Mr. Bang nods. “Really. Just be more careful.”

 

Yes sir!” I say smiling.

 

Hoseok, you’re dismissed. Could you tell Ann to come?” Mr. Bang asks.

 

Hoseok nods, “Sure thing,” he says before smiling at me and leaving.

 

 

About five minutes later, Ann enters the room.

 

You wanted to see me?” She asks as she takes a seat.

 

Mr. Bang nods before smiling.

 

This show has received a lot of high ratings and popularity with it only being its first episode.  This morning, I got a call from Inkigayo and they invited you guys to be a guest on the show this week,” he says.

 

No way!” Ann says.

 

But we’re not idols. We’re just trainees,” I say.

 

That is true. Buy you guys have gained a lot of popularity. Your audition video has over 5 million views and counting. They want to know who you guys are,” he says before smiling.

 

What are we going to do there? An interview?” Ann asks nervously. Oh god. Her and public speaking, good lord.

 

He nods. “They want an interview and a performance from you two. So, you guys have a couple of days to prepare a performance.  Ann, I want you to prepare a dance to a BTS song.  Scynthia, prepare a rap to a BTS song. Hyejin will let the MCs know what questions can and cannot be asked, so you guys will have to practice that, as well. You guys may leave.  I suggest you start right away,” Mr. Bang says before smiling.

 

We bow before leaving his office.

 

I turn towards Ann.

 

“I did not expect that,” I say to her.

 

She nods her head, “Not at all.”

 

 

We walk back to the practice room where BTS were waiting.

 

What happened?” Jungkook asks.

 

You guys alright? Nothing bad happened right?” Rap Monster asks.

 

Ann shakes her head and smiles.

 

GUESS WHOS GOING ON INKIGAYO!!!” I shout excitedly!

 

No way!” V says.

 

That’s aweomse!!” Jimin says while giving a thumbs up.

 

Ann receives a hug from Jin and Suga.

 

Hoseok comes up to me and picks me up before twirling me around.

 

“So proud of you!” he says before putting me down and kissing me on the cheek.

 

“But now we each have to come up with a performance,” Ann says.

 

I nod and smile.  Geez. Why'd he have to do that. Aish.

 “We have to practice our interviewing skills, though,” I say as I come back to reality.  Ann just sighs.

 

Afraid of talking in front of people?” Suga asks.  Ann just nods.

 

Don’t worry! We will help you!” Jin says while smiling widely.

 

Ann smiles as well.

 

Well, Ann. We have work to do! We have to pick a song and come up with a dance! I’ll be of assistance!” Jimin says as he grabs Ann’s hand and leads her out.

 

We’ll be in the dance studio!” He yells.

 

Well dang. I shake my head before laughing.

 

Well, I guess we should go, too. Hoseok you should join me and Suga and help Scynthia,” Rap Monster says.

 

I think the rest of us can go and help Ann,” Jin says.

 

Not with dancing,” Jungkook says quietly but I heard him.

 

Apparantly Jin heard him, too.

 

Yah! I’ve improved maknae! Plus I was talking about speaking skills! Goodness, no respect. Let’s go,” Jin says before pulling a Jungkook along, with V laughing and following.

 

 

Well, let’s go!” Suga says.

 

Wow. I came in with everything being upside down and messed up.  Now, everything is great! Who would’ve thought? 

 

 

 

 

Well, I came back sooner than I thought. I guess this is what happens when you don't procrastinate and actually get stuff done. XD

MY 10th SUBSCRIBER!! Ayyye!! Thank you anna_tk!! 

I'm loving the comments!!  Thanks lilxeng for commenting! Haha, guess you didn't expect that, huh? ;)

More drama shall be occurring!! The next chapter shall be full of drama, if I say so myself.

I'd say we don't have to much longer for this story.  Realisticlally, the girls have about 2 more weeks until their Spring Break ends.  But depending on how you guys like it, I may stretch it a bit :D

 

VIXX is coming back! Are you guys excited?!

tumblr_inline_n5wnkhVWBw1s2ovq4.gif (so great! xD)

 

tumblr_o06jd75n1i1u53kgno1_500.gif