I Need an Umbrella

Break of a Lifetime

Saturday Afternoon

 

Music was blaring from my speakers, as I looked around my room, checking to see if I missed anything that needed to be packed.  “Hmmm…Let’s see.  I think I’m good.”  I smile as I begin to attempt to close my suitcase.  “This is gonna be harder than I thought,” I said out loud as I began jumping on the suitcase.  

Nan Freeze!  Armor Down!

I look up from suitcase and hurriedly jump off.  “Ahhh.  My part!  Don’t you dare move on without me dancing to this song.”  

Nananana nanana nanana.  “And body roll!” I sing (more like yell) while I dance to VIXX’s Chained Up.  My suitcase was long forgotten as I began to sing and dance to the song.  

Gwaenchanha.  Tteonal su eopseo chained up chained up.

While I was acting like a crazy fool, just dancing and singing like a professional idol (only in my dreams), my door swung open.

“What is this hyena sounding like noise we hear all the way downstairs?” My mom asks, as she stands in the doorway.

“I was giving a solo concert to my suitcase.  It seemed to enjoy it if I do say so myself.  It was actually cheering for an encore before you came in,”  I said trying not to laugh.

My mom continued to stand at the door as she shook her head.  “How’s your packing coming anyway?”  She then looks at my suitcase on my bed.  She lets out a sigh then shakes her head again.  “If you’re trying to close your over packed suitcase, it’s best if you do it on the floor.”  She came to my bed and moved the overflowing suitcase to the ground.  “Come on, you sit on it while I zip it.”  I nod to her and jump on the suitcase.  She then zips it shut.  “Thanks mom,” I say as I stand up.

“No problem.”  She looks at me.  “I can’t believe you’re going to South Korea.  Just remember to be careful.  I don’t want to be watching the news and hear that something happened to the four of you.”
“Mom,” I begin to say, “nothing is going to happen.  We will be careful.  Plus, our Korean has gotten better, especially mine thanks to grandma’s help.”  
“Yeah yeah.  What I meant was that I don’t want to hear that you guys end up in jail for stalking those kpop people ya’ll always talk about.”
“Moooom,” I groan out.  She giggles, “Just be careful.  And don’t forget to call when you get to the airport, and before takeoff, and when you land, and when you get to your hotel, and—“
“Mom.  I got it.  We’ll be careful.  Wait, what do you mean the four of us?  It’s just me and Lauren.”                                                                                                        “Oh wow.  They really did keep this as a surprise.  This trip is part of Lauren’s birthday present.  But then all of us parents got together and we thought it would be a nice surprise if you, Lauren, Scynthia, and Jeanine all went as a group.  We know how hard you guys have been working in school and how hard Scynthia has been working at her job.  So we planned this!  I guess you were the only one who didn’t know.”  She laughed after she said this.

“Oh my gosh!  Jeanine and Scynthia are coming too?!  Why didn’t anyone tell me?”  I began to pout.
“Don’t look at me like that.  Go ask your friends.  Anyways, are you almost ready?  We have to leave in about an hour to head to the airport.”  She begins to walk out but then stops and turns around, “You deserve this Ann.  You have been working hard.  I know how stressed out you’ve been this semester.  Have fun but not too much fun.  And don’t forget to study some, too.”  After she said this, she walked out of my room.

“I cannot believe none of them told me.”  As I was talking out loud, J-Hope’s 1 Verse began to play from my phone.  “Oh, now you want to call Scynthia?  I should ignore you and just jam out to J-Hope.”  I let out a sigh as I go and answer my phone.
“Hello?”
“Ahhhhh efhkfnfibfnf ettoke? Hfuifhbfhbfribf *cries* *yells* *screams*” 
I hold the phone away from my ear, “What in the world is going on Scynthia?”
“I said, did you know we are going to South Korea???  Why didn’t you tell me??  I thought my family and I were going to visit family but then my mom comes and tells me we’re going to South Korea!!  Ettoke?!”
“Wait, you didn’t know either?  Are we the only two who didn’t know about this?  Rude I tell you!  Just rude!  Wait ‘til I see those two—“
“Ann, I’m really excited!  I mean, I can go see baes!  Like I may actually be able to see baes in person!!  But, the flight.  You know how we are the only two who have never been on a plane before.  What are we going to do?”  She asks and I can hear the worried and scared tone in her voice.
“We’ll figure that out when we get on the plane.  If anything, we’ll be holding each other’s hands and blasting Kpop in our ears, so it will distract us.  We’ll be fine though.   Just go back to thinking how you and J-Hope may finally meet!”
“Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Jkfhgif fdljhsfi fhdin.  Ettoke!!”
I burst out laughing.  “Well, I have to finish up then I’m about to leave.  I’ll see you in a little bit!”  
“jhfdibfgbfbf fbiodfb J-Hope!  Dhehfbjf fdihbf the booty!”
I end the call before I hear anything else.  “Uhg, this girl.”

As I’m about to take a look around my room one last time, Wet by Jooyoung begins to play, which means another concert from me.
“WET, WET.  I NEED AN UMBRELLA.  WET, WET I NEED AN UMBRELLA!!”
“Would you shut up already!!!!”  My brother bangs on the wall, as his room is next to mine.
“I NEED AN UMBRELLA.”  I laugh as I hear my brother yell and complain to his friends.  “You’re so gonna miss my singing while I’m gone,” I say to myself as I get my suitcase ready and head downstairs.  
South Korea, here I come.

 

 

 

New Characters:

 

Scynthia:

19 Years old

Black, she really thinks she's Korean

Works

Can dance and rap pretty well

Awesome cook. Usually cooks for Ann 

Hilarious!  She has such an outgoing and charming personality!  Her and Ann are probably the closest.  She is an awesome cook and makes sure Ann stays out of the kitchen.  

Don't even get her started on her "baes". . .the list goes on and on

 

 

Jenny will be introduced in the next chapter! 

 

I thought I should dedicate this chapter to Jooyoung since he's in the army.  Broke my heart when I heard about this a while ago *tears*  Anyways, I hope you guys like it so far!  Comment and let me know what you think :)