3.6.5

Break of a Lifetime

At the Airport:

 

Everyone was there, Lauren, Scynthia, and Jenny.  We were all saying our goodbyes to our parents.  Once they finally left, after much hugging and reminding us to call them when we land in South Korea, and not forgetting to remind us how they did not want to bail us out of jail for doing something stupid concerning these kpop people.

We all sat down, since we didn’t have to board the plane for another half hour.  I stand up and walk in front of Lauren and Jeanine who were talking.  I cleared my throat and they looked up to me.

“So,” I started, “When were you two gonna tell me and Scynthia about this trip?”  I asked as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

They looked at each other, then at Scynthia, then back to me.  “Surprise!” they both say simultaneously. 

I gave them a deadpan look and shook my head.

“We really did want to surprise you two,” Jenny said.  “We knew you wouldn’t come because of school and being stressed about trying to save money.  And if you didn’t come, Scynthia wouldn’t have come either.  It wouldn’t have been the same without the four of us.”

I look at Lauren who just smiled and nodded.  I let out a sigh, “It’s not like I can be mad at you guys anyway.”  We all giggled and I took my seat again, next to Scynthia.

As we talked amongst ourselves, we suddenly heard this loud commotion.  We looked up to see a bunch of people grouped together, all while screaming and holding signs.

“Is someone famous here or something?” Jenny asked.

“I don’t know,” I reply back, “Lupe Fiasco is supposed to be having a concert.  Oh! Maybe it’s MGK!  Oh my gosh!  You think he would take a picture with me?”  I asked all excitedly.

“I can’t read what the signs say.  Whoever they are, they have to be a guy.  I mean, look at all the girls.  I see like two guys mixed in that fan group,” Lauren says.

Scynthia stands up to read the signs, since she is the tallest.  then drops open, her gaze not leaving the group of fans.

“Uhhh Scynthia, are you alright?  Did you see a bird or something?” Jenny asks.

Me and Lauren giggle at her joke. I then stood and looked where Scynthia’s gaze was. 

“Oh. My. God,” I slowly said.

Jenny then stood and fell open, too.

“Guys.  I cannot see.  Ya’ll wanna tell me what’s going on here?” Lauren asked.

“It’s…it’s,” I began to say.

“It can’t be,”  Scynthia says.

“But it is,” Jenny adds in.

“It’s EXO!”  The three of us says together. 

“What?  What?!  What?!!”  Lauren screeches as she stands on her chair to see.  She then gasps as she reads the signs.

“I totally forgot that they had their concert here.  Wasn’t that like two days ago?  Wouldn’t they have been gone by now?”  I ask, slowly sitting back into my seat.

“I don’t know,”  Jeanine states, following my actions, as well.  “Maybe they weren’t scheduled to leave until today or maybe something happened that caused them to have a delay in their departure.

“Maybe they had a day off and went to sightsee.  I mean, it’s not every day EXO is in Chicago.  I mean, I would know, of course,” Lauren says as she continues to stand on her seat.

I laugh.  “Of course you would.  Wouldn’t want to miss a chance to see your precious Grandpa Suho, huh?”  She then gives me her ‘What did you just say look’.  I suddenly stop laughing and give her an innocent smile.  She just shakes her head and looks back at the crowd.

“Omo!  I didn’t bring Chen Jr.!  CJ won’t be able to see his dad!”  Scynthia says as she sits back down.

I start to laugh.  “I don’t know how Chen would feel having someone randomly come up to him, saying that a monkey stuffed animal is his child,” I say between my laughs.

“I could have brought D.O Jr.!”  Jenny squeals.

“Lauren, what are we going to do with th—“  I stopped as I realize Lauren is still standing in her seat.

“Lauren!  Get down from there!”  I say this as I pull her arm down, forcing her to sit on the seat again.

What am I going to do with these fools, I ask myself.  As I look at my weird friends who are still spazzing over EXO, I notice the cheering and screaming getting louder and the group of fans growing as seconds pass.

“I guess they’re here,” I calmly say.

Scynthia stands up to see if she can get a glimpse of the boy group.  “Oh my goodness.  Ettoke?!!”

“What?  What is it?”  Jenny asks.

“What is our flight number?” Scynthia asks with a shaky voice.

Lauren looks at her plane ticket before responding, “We are flight 365.  Why?”  (AN: hahaha.  see what i did here? :D. ok. back to the story)

Scynthia points to the group of boys, with huge security guards surrounding them.  We follow her finger as we realize what’ going on.

“They. Are. Going. On. The. Same. Flight. As. Us,” Jenny slowly says.

I let out a huge sigh.  “This is going to be a long and interesting flight,” I say out loud, not like anyone was paying attention to me anyways.  A voice then starts coming out the speakers at the airport.

Flight 365 is ready for departure.  Please begin boarding the plane.

 

Characters:

Jenny:

19 years old

Can sing and dance

She is a really kind a caring person.  She is the "mom" of the group.

So many baes. . .

 

Hey guys!  Hope you enjoyed this!  The first group has been added, EXO!  I was sad that I wasn't able to attend their Chicago concert.  Any of you guys go to it?  Anyways, until next time, peace out! :)