Baepsae

Break of a Lifetime

Author's POV

Jenny and Scynthia are currently huddled over Jenny's laptop, waiting for Ann and Scynthia to pick up.

"What's taking them so long? I'm gonna explode!" Lauren whines.

"Calm down. Here, lemme try Ann's Skype. If anything, she will definitely be up. Probably studying," Jenny says as she shakes her head.

"What's wrong with studying? Speaking of that, I gotta do some studying myself. Don't you have anything to do?" Lauren asks.

"She studies all the time. Like it just seems like a big waste of time to me. She probably won't even go through nursing and she'll become an idol. So what's the point?" Jenny says.

"Jenny, you never know. And if she has come this far, then likely she'll continue with college. There's nothing wrong with that," Lauren says, trying to figure out what has gotten into Jenny.

"Whatever," Jenny replies back. 
"Did something happ-" but before Lauren could reply, Ann finally answers the call.

"What's up guys?" Ann asks, as she puts her books down and takes her glasses off to rub her eyes. She then puts her glasses back on and faces the screen again.

"Told you she was wasting her time again," Jenny mumbles.

"What was that?" Ann asks.

Lauren elbows Jenny in the stomach before saying "Nothing" to Ann.

"Anyways, where are you at right now? And where is everybody else?" Lauren asks.

"I'm in the kitchen. I was studying before you guys called. Scynthia fell asleep, so that's why I'm out here. Everyone else did, too, except Yoongi. I think he went to the studio or something." Ann says.

Jenny nods. "Okay! So we need to tell you about our day and then you can just relay it to Scynthia tomorrow."

Ann nods. "Alright. I'm all ears. What happened??" She asks excitedly.

"I'll go first. Okay. So everyone is super nice!! I toured the studio and got used to all of the staff. And Baekhyun is co-hosting with me for my first show! So it's awesome that I'll know someone!" Jenny says.

"Wow! That's so great! I'm so proud of you Jeanine!!! I can't wait to watch you on T.V.!!!" Ann says happily.

Jenny smiles. "Thanks. But I gotta practice my Korean some more. You think you could help me?"

Ann smiles, "Whenever I have time, I will definitely help you!"

Jenny smiles.

"Okay. Enough with her day. Now to the best person's day. So I got the job!! Guess what group I'm working for?!" Lauren asks excitedly.

"Hmmmm...I'd say either iKon or Big Bang?" Ann asks.

Lauren shakes her head. "Nope! YOU ARE NOW LOOKING AT AND TALKING TO THE NEW STYLIST FOR WINNER!! AHHHHHH!!!"

"Oh my gosh!! Congrats Lauren!! That's so awesome!!!" Ann says while clapping, quietly.

"Thanks. But that's only part of it. I ran into T.O.P. like literally! He was so nice about it though!" Lauren says while smiling.

"Did you woo?" Ann asks.

Lauren coughs. "What? What are you talking about?"

Ann's eyes widen. "You woo-ed. Oh my goodness! I hope you at least did it when he was gone!"

"Yes I did!" Lauren says, glaring at Ann.

Ann starts to laugh. "Okay good! Well, I'm so proud of you guys!! You both are gonna have so much fun! Make sure you keep us tuned in!"

Jenny nods and Lauren smiles.

"We will," Jeanine says. 
"Well, we'll let you get back to your studying. Plus I'm tired so I'm gonna head to bed. Goodnight Ann!" Lauren says.

"Night Panda!" Jenny says.

Ann smiles while waving to the camera. "Goodnight guys!"

The call then ended.

“Wow. I feel so much better. Ann knows me so well,” Lauren says before giggling.

Jenny nods.  “Well, let’s go to bed.”

“Agreed,” Lauren says.

 

Ann’s POV

 

I end the call and go the fridge to get a bottle of water.  I go back to my seat and sigh.  Back to studying, I say to myself.  I put my earphones in and continue to study.

About 20 minutes pass.  As I am studying I feel a presence standing behind me.  I sigh and take one earphone out of my ear.

Assuming it was Jimin trying to attempt to scare me again, I say, “What do you want Jimin. I’m study-“

I turn around and he is sure not Jimin.  Yoongi stands there with one eyebrow raised.

“Jimin, huh?” he says before laughing.

I smile, “Sorry, he’s just been kind of annoying so I just assumed it was him. Sorry.”

He shakes his head.  “No need to apologize. So, what are you doing up so late?”

I sigh before looking at my books then back at him.

“Studying. Sounds fun, huh?” I ask before laughing.

He shrugs then takes a seat next to me.

“What are you doing?” I ask.

“I’m going to help you study. You can teach me whatever you’re learning about,” he says before smiling.

“Don’t you want to go to sleep? I mean, you’ve been out working late. You probably need rest.  Don’t you like your sleep?” I ask.

He shakes his head.  “I’ll go to sleep when you’re finished teaching me.”

I laugh. “Well then, I guess you’ll be learning about the inflammation process.”

 

Suga’s POV

So I have no idea what I’m doing right now.  I came back home from working at the studio pretty late.  It’s like all of a sudden, I had this inspiration and I just couldn’t wait until the next day.

Anyways, back to now. I can’t believe I’m missing my precious sleep right now.  But I’m actually happy that I can spend some time with Ann.

I sit next to her, watching and listening to her explain her work to me.  I have no idea what she’s talking about, but just from listening to her, I can tell she is super smart.  She seems really passionate about it, too.  I wonder what made her decide to train if she’s going to school for nursing.

She goes on for about an hour.  I am perfectly wide awake, just staring at her.  She is in a batman t-shirt and wearing soccer shorts.  Her hair is braided and she is wearing her glasses.  I wonder if she ever wears contacts. 

I don't know how much time has passed, but before I know it, I get brought back from my thoughts.

She looks at me before saying, “I think that will be all tonight. You were a very good student Mr. Yoongi.” She then giggles.

I laugh, “You are a very good teacher.”

She then stands up to gather her stuff.

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow morning,” she says before smiling.

“Yeah. Big day tomorrow. I get to see what you can do,” I say as I walk up closer to her.

She shrugs, “Hopefully I won’t disappoint.”

We just stand there for a moment, just staring at each other in the silence. 

She ends our staring contest by saying, “Well, goodnight. And thanks for staying up with me. It was fun.”

“Goodnight. And yeah, I learned a lot,” I say before laughing.

She says goodnight one more time before opening her door and walking in.  Once she closes it, I go back to my own room.  I change into some sweats and a shirt and practically fall onto my bed.  I quickly fall asleep with a smile on my face.

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

I woke up super early today!  It’s our official first day of training!  I’m so excited but super nervous at the same time! 

I want to look my best, but since we’ll be training, I decide to just wear some sweats.

y.jpg

 

I decide to make breakfast for everyone, since I am the first one up.  A few minutes passed by and Hyejin came in.

“Hey Scynthia! Glad you’re up! Filming will start in two minutes,” she says before smiling.

I nod.

 

Two minutes pass and the cameras and crew are busy doing their jobs. 

I’m almost finished making breakfast as doors begin opening.  J-Hope, V, and Jimin come out first. 

Oh! What smells so good?” V asks as he comes into the kitchen.

Breakfast! I don’t really know what you guys like, so I just decided to make bacon and pancakes,” I say nervously.

YES! Noona is the best! She made pancakes!!” Jungkook yells, coming out his room.

I laugh.  “You can set the table, Jungkook, and I’ll bring the food out in a minute.”

Jungkook nods and V even helps.  That just leaves me and J-Hope in the kitchen.

Here, let me help you with the food,” J-Hope says.  I nod and reply with a “Thanks.”

He grabs a plate from me when our hands brush against each other.  He then smiles before leaving the kitchen. 

I try to calm down and head out, too.  I head to the table, finding that everyone is there.  Jin, Rap Monster, and a very sleepy looking Suga are sitting at the table.

Huh, Ann isn’t up,” I say as I notice she isn’t here, yet.

I’ll go wake her!” Jimin says as he walks to our room.

I shrug and just follow him.  This will be some great entertainment, I think to myself.  I just hope Ann doesn’t hurt Jimin in the process. 

Jimin walks into our room and stands at the side of Ann’s bed.  He starts off with shaking Ann.

Ann, wake up. It’s time to go,” Jimin says.

I just giggle.  Jimin then looks at me with a ‘what’ face.

I’m just enjoying you trying to wake her up is all,” I say.

She can’t be that hard to wake up,” Jimin says as he starts to shake Ann harder.

Come on Ann, oppa says to wake up,” Jimin says.  Ann does not move at all.

Jimin looks like he’s starting to get worried.  “I think she’s dead,” he says with all seriousness. 

I burst out laughing, hunched over trying to hold my stomach.  Soon, everyone came into our room, trying to see what all of the commotion was. 

What’s going on?” Rap Monster asks.

Ann is dead,” Jimin says.

I laugh even harder.  After a couple seconds, my laughter stops.

She’s not dead, she’s just not waking up,” I say.

Why isn’t she waking up? Didn’t we all go to bed at the same time?” V asks.

I shake my head, “After everyone went to bed, she came back out and studied. She probably stayed up pretty late studying. This girl.”

Aww. Poor noona,” Jungkook says before walking over to Ann’s bed and yelling, “NOONA! WAKE UP!”

Everyone jumped at Jungkook's yelling, and Jungkook himself, got a slap from Suga.

We don’t need your loud mouth this early in the moring,” Suga says before yawning.

I look to Suga then to Ann, the back to Suga again.  Something happened last night, and I will find out, I think to myself.

Jin leaves but soon comes back with a plate of food.

Ah, Jin oppa is smart,” I say while giving a thumbs up.

He places the food near Ann and says, “It’s time to wake up. Breakfast is ready.

Well what do you know, this girl brings the cover down from her face and slowly wakes up.  She sits up in her bed before letting out a big yawn.  She then gets up and takes the plate from Jin before leaving the room.

Jin nods and smiles.  “Food really is her number one,” Jin says before laughing.

That is one strange girl,” Jimin says before shaking his head.

Don’t be made ‘cause you couldn’t wake up Ann,” Suga says before leaving also.

I laugh at the two as the rest of the members leave the room.

Well, what a nice start to this day, huh?  I ask one of the cameras in our room.

 

We arrive at BigHit.  We then separate into our groups, me with Rap Monster and Suga, while Ann is with Jimin, J-Hope and Jungkook.  The others are practicing their vocals and then we are going to all join together to practice dancing as a group.

I follow Rap Monster and Suga into a recording studio. 

Okay. So just to see where you’re at, we’re going to have you do a freestyle,” Rap Monster says.

I nod and step into the recording studio.

The music starts and I just wait for a few seconds, so I can start to feel the music.  Soon, I start rapping and letting everything flow together.  I get really into it, not holding anything back.  Soon, the music starts and I exit the recording studio.

Suga and Rap Monster break out into an applause.

Wow. I can see why they want you. You are really good,” Suga says.

Rap Monster nods, “I agree. I don’t think we’ll have much teaching to do,” he says before laughing.

I smile and say, “Thank you. That means a lot!

They then teach me some things I could work on and some new techniques to try out.  I rap a few more times, as well.  We spend at least four hours just rapping.

I think we should take a break now. How about we head to the other guys and grab lunch?” Rap Monster asks.

Suga nods and I say, “YES! I have never spent so many hours rapping. My goodness!”

They both laugh and we head to the dance studio.

 

Once there, we see that everyone is already here.

What’s going on?” Suga asks.

It’s a bet!” V says.

A bet? Between who? And where’s Ann?” I ask, highly confused.

It’s between Jimin and Ann.  Ann says she can do a dance and get most of the steps by only watching it once,” Jin says. (How I wish I could do this xD. Ok, back to the story. . .)

Noona went to the bathroom,” Jungkook says.

There is no way she can do that!” Jimin says while laughing.

Have you seen her dancing yet?” I ask.

“Not yet. Me and Jimin were working on a dance for a while at first.  Then when we were ready to teach her, but she fell asleep. We tried waking her up, but ya know, we couldn’t,” J-Hope says while rubbing the back of his head.

She fell asleep again?!” Scynthia asks.

How did this bet even happen?” Suga asks.

Well, she finally woke up and said if we were still up to it, she’s ready to dance. So I’m like, since you should be well rested, you only get to watch us dance one time before repeating it. And she said okay. I thought she was joking at first, but she was serious. I didn’t believe her, so I made a bet. The loser gets to do whatever the winner says for a day,” Jimin says.

I had to try my best to not break a smile or laugh.  In this case, Ann is definitely going to win.  Not only is she an amazing dancer, but she can get a dance down pretty fast.  This shall be interesting.

Ann comes back, surprised everyone is in the room.

 

Ann’s POV

I’m completely shocked that everyone is in the studio.  It was only J-Hope and Jimin when I left.  Oh no, is this because of the bet.

Why is everyone doing here?” I ask.

Well, we wanted to get lunch, but it seems like we’ll have a show before that,” Rap Monster says before smiling.

I nod.

You know, it’s not too late to back out princess,” Jimin says.

If you don’t want to do this, just say it then. And don’t call me princess,” I say, getting slightly annoyed.

Fine. Just so you know, I’ll enjoy having you as my slave for a day,” Jimin says before smirking.

I shake my head and roll my eyes.

Are you going to just stand there or are you going to dance?” I ask, wanting this to just be over. A girl is hungry here.

Jimin laughs before walking to the stereo and picking a song. 

I look at everyone else, who looks worried, except for Scynthia of course.

Why do you guys all look scared?” I ask, trying not to smile.

We just don’t want you to lose, noona,” Jungkook says.

I smile, “It’ll be fine. Trust me.

The song starts playing.  Jimin chose their own song, Baepsae.  Since when did they have a dance to this?  Geez, am I this behind in Kpop?

Jimin goes to the middle of the studio and says, “Good luck, princess,” before winking at me.

I move to the back of the room so I can watch him through the mirror.

tumblr_o1kdhqmLH71rngqpbo1_400.gif

He then begins dancing. The dance doesn’t seem that hard. After about a minute or two, he stops.

I nod before smiling to myself, I totally got this.

Hey! That wasn’t all part of the dance. You freestyled for half of it,” J-Hope says.

Jimin shrugs, “All we said was that I had to dance and she has to do most of the dance correctly.  We said nothing about freestyling,” Jimin says before smirking and walking to the stereo to restart the song.

I keep quiet as go the middle of the room. I then nod to Jimin for him to start the music.

I then start dancing, doing most of the steps right.  I do mess up a few, but I continue going.  I even do his freestyle, with my own style of course.  I then do the last finishing move, before looking at Jimin, whose mouth is wide open.

Suga and Scynthia start clapping and I smile at them.

Wow, you are a very talented dancer!” J-Hope says while smiling.

Thank you,” I say.

You and Jimin should do a dancing duet or something. It would look really good!” Rap Monster suggests.

I just laugh, not really knowing how to react to that.

Whoa! How’d you do that noona?” Jungkook asks.

I shrug, “I don’t really know. I just watch a dance and I just remember it I guess. I wish I could do this with my school work.

Well,” V starts, “I guess you’re Ann’s slave for the rest of the day,” he says to Jimin.

Everyone then starts laughing.

Jimin sighs before saying, “Whatever.

Jimin then comes up to me before asking, “What do you want me to do first?

Nothing. I’ll tell you later. Right now, it’s food time!” I say before heading to the cafeteria.

I’d say first day of being a trainee went pretty well, wouldn’t you?

 

 

Hope you ejoyed! 

BTS is coming back! So excited! Haha.

 

Thanks Kittypewdude for subscribing! I hope you are liking to story so far!