Deal

Break of a Lifetime

Hey guys! Sorry if there's any grammar mistakes, as I will edit later. :)

 

 

At the Dorm (Where Ann, Scynthia, and BTS live)

 

J-Hope’s POV

 

I walk in our new dorm, and when I mean “our,” I mean me, the guys, and the two new girls.  I can’t believe that we have to share a dorm with them.  I mean, they seem like really cool people but they’re girls.  Now I feel like I’m going to have to watch what I do while in the dorm, know what I mean?

Even though I’m nervous, I’m actually also really excited.  We get an addition of two new and cool people!  Maybe it’ll add some excitement to our busy lives. 

I set the last box down on the floor and scan our new home for the next month.  It’s a little bigger than our regular dorm but not by much.  It has a nice kitchen, Jin would love.  I wonder if Scynthia or Ann can cook.  Guess I’ll find out soon.  I then walk down passed the living room to the hallway with the rooms.  I count the number of rooms and find out that there are four.  I guess it we’ll be rooming with the same people, so that means I’ll be sharing a room with Jimin and Taehyung.  Yoongi and Jin will share one while Namjoon and Jungkook will share another.  And I guess the last room will be for Ann and Scynthia.

As I continue to look at the rooms, Yoongi walks by and puts his stuff in one of them.  When he comes out, he stops and looks at me.

Can’t believe this either, huh?” he asks.

I laugh and shake my head.  “Not really. But hey, it should be fun and exciting right?” I ask.

He shrugs, “Hopefully.”

So, what do you think of them, Scynthia and Ann?” I ask, curious about what he thinks.

He goes silent for a bit as, I assume, thinks about his answer.  “I think they seem pretty cool. What about you?” He asks.

I nod, “I agree. They seem nice and fun. Scynthia seems like a really cool and fun person. I’m excited to work with her on rap and stuff. Guess I just want to get to know her more,” I say while smiling.

Yoongi shakes his head while smiling, “Yeah, I think everyone knows you two hit it off right away.”

I glare at him before saying, “And what about you, huh? Saying out loud that Ann is cute? What if she would’ve heard you?

He rubs the back of his head, “I don’t know. I just really think she’s cool. I mean, she seems like the quiet and reserved type but I think once she gets to know us, she’ll be more open and herself. I don’t know.”

I laugh.  “It’s okay. I just suggest you watch out for Jimin. Remembering what he did yesterday, he either likes her, too, or is just messing with her. Plus, Ann is a dancer, so she’ll be working with him a lot,” I say before smirking and leaving him to think about what I said.

 

As I enter the living room, I see the rest of the guys and Hyejin are gathered around.

Oh, Hoseok! Perfect timing. We are about to have a meeting. Is Yoongi back there?” She asks.

I nod as I walk over to sit by Jungkook on the couch.  She then calls for him.

 

Suga’s POV

 

I stood there in the hallway thinking about what Hoseok said.  He has a point. Uhg.  Jimin better not lay a finger on her.  She looks too innocent and fragile.  I smile at the thought of being around Ann for a month.  This will indeed be interesting and exciting.  As I think about this, I hear my name being called from the living room.  I walk there to see everyone there.  Guess it’s a meeting.  I go take a seat by Namjoon.

Ok. Now that everyone is here, we should go over a few things before the girls get here,” Hyejin says and we all nod.

Ok. First, I know it’ll be weird since you boys will be living with two girls. But trust me, everything will be fine. In a few days, you guys will probably act just as you do everyday. Next, we will let you know when filming starts and ends. And finally, you guys will be there mentors, as they are both trainees. So when needed and if you guys are available, please help them out and give them guidance. Any questions?

Jimin then raises his hand.  This guy, i say to myself.  Does he know that we are not in school anymore.

Hyejin smiles, “Yes, go ahead Jimin.”

Since they’re talents are different things, are we going to be separated into groups to help them?” Jimin asks.  Aish. What is this guy planning, I think to myself.

Well, the majority of the time they will but they will also have to learn and experience everything. So, for example, Scynthia’s talent is rap, so she’ll spend most of her time with Namjoon, Yoongi, and sometimes Hoseok. But, she’ll have to take dance classes and things like that. Does that answer your question?” Hyejin says while looking at Jimin.

Jimin nods then smirks.

What are you planning on doing?” Jin asks Jimin, “I see you smirking over there.” You tell him, Jin!

Jimin shrugs, “Oh, nothing. Just the fact that Ann will be spending a lot of time with me, so she will be calling me ‘Oppa’ sooner or later. And plus, we still have to decide on our bet.

I glare at Jimin and then he spots me.  “What?” he asks but I just continue to glare.

Why are you looking at me like that, hyung?” Jimin asks.

“Probably because he, like the rest of us, don’t want you to play and hurt Ann. We all know how you are, Jimin,” Jin says all motherly.

Jimin shrugs, “It’s just a harmless little bet. And it’ll be fun.

Don’t go hurting noona!” Jungkook says.

The boys are right. I don’t want any of you guys hurting these girls. We’re supposed to make them want to permanently train here at BigHIt,” Hyejin says glaring at us while pointing her finger.

All of us nod our heads when someone knocks on our door.

I’ll get it!” Taehyung says.

He goes to the door and opens it.  Scynthia, Ann, and another girl, even shorter than Ann, stand there with their luggage.

It’s them!” Taehyung says.

Hey, Taehyung,” I hear Scynthia say.

Hey, Scynthia and Ann . . . and hello person I don’t know,” Taehyung says.

Hi. Umm this is our friend, Lauren. She’s helping us move in, even though we don’t have a lot of stuff, but she wanted to meet you guys, if that’s okay. If not, you can just tell her or something. We don’t want to cause any trouble,” I hear Ann say. I smile and laugh to myself at Ann’s cute blabbering.

“No, it’s okay. You guys can come in, you know,” Namjoon yells from the couch.

They come in and put their stuff down by the door and then come to the living room.

“Hey noonas!H” Jungkook says.  Ann waves.

Hey, Jungkook, hey guys. This is our friend, Lauren,” Scynthia says. 

Hi guys. I’m a big fan! You guys are doing great!” Lauren says with a smile.

We offer our smiles and say our “thanks.”

Well, I have to go to my meeting now,” Lauren says before turning towards Scynthia and Ann.

Well, this is it! Call and text everyday! Scynthia, don’t end up in jail,” she says and Scynthia rolls her eyes.

I won’t. I got Ann here to watch me,” Scynthia says before giggling.

Lauren then continues talking, “Ann, open up to them and stop being so quiet. You’re gonna be famous. There’s no room for shy and quiet people.” Everyone tried to hide their laughter as Ann was pouting. So cute, I thought to myself.

You guys are gonna do great at your training! Tell me when the first episode airs!” Lauren says before hugging them both.

Thanks, Lauren. Make sure you call and tell us how your meeting went. I expect news about meeting some of your baes,” Ann says, hugging her friend back.

Baes? WHat the heck are baes?

I surely will,” their friend says to them before turning to us.  “It was nice meeting you guys. Take good care of them or I will come and hunt each and every one of you,” Lauren said.  For her to be really small, I find her quite scary.

Will do,” Namjoon says before laughing.

Their friend then smiles and turns back around for some final goodbyes before leaving.

“Okay!” Hyejin begins, “We will start filming in about twenty minutes. Like I told the boys, just try to be yourselves. We will tell you when filming is going to start and end,” she says.

Ann nods while Scynthia says, “Okay. Got it!

Good. When filming starts, you guys can start picking a room. Each one of you, during filming, will be pulled away to do a short solo interview. This will be done from time to time. It can be nerve wracking at first, but it will get easier, trust me,” Hyejin says.

Scynthia nods while Ann hesitates a little before looking around.  I guess she’s nervous, I think to myself.

And by the way, you guys look really great! Nice outfits,” Hyejin says while smiling.

e6c0656dfa05839c84a1b4e287a788f3.jpg (Ann's outfit)

 

002.png  (Scynthia's outfit)

“Thanks,” they both say at the same time.

Lauren made them. She forced us to wear it on the first day of filming. She didn’t want her friends to look horrible on T.V.” Scynthia says while rolling his eyes.  Ann just giggles.

Wow. She really has a natural talent. Ok. So I have to make a quick call. When I come back, we’ll start filming,” Hyejin says before walking out.

You guys really do look great!” Jin says while smiling.

I look closer at Ann and realize just how good she actually looks.  Her outfit compliments her very well, even though it is simple.  But simple is just what I like.

So, you guys excited?” Jungkook asks.

I totally am!” Scynthia says, taking a seat next to Hoseok. 

What about you, Ann?” Jimin asks.  This boy.

Ann looks at him before saying, “I guess so. Just really nervous.” She then offers a small smile.

I can make those nerves go away you know,” Jimin says before moving his eyebrows up and down.

Ann rolls her eyes and shakes her head, “No thanks.”  I smile to myself.

You’ll be fine. Just pretend the cameras aren’t here. Then, eventually, you’ll get used to them,” I surprisingly say while smiling.

Ann looks towards me and smiles, “Thanks, I’ll try my best.” 

That smile.  I could get used to seeing that for a month.

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

Hyejin walks back in.

Okay guys, filming will start now,” she says while smiling.

I stand there for a minute, finally realizing we are actually filming a reality show.

Okay guys. How about we pick a room and get settled and then we’ll come back out for dinner,” Namjoon suggests.

I’ll cook!” Jin says.

I can help,” I say to Jin.  His eyes widened in surprise.

You can cook?” Jin asks.

Of course!” I proudly say.

Ann nods beside me.  “Her food is the best! She’s like my personal chef,” she says smiling.

Can you cook, noona?” Jungkook asks.

Ann looks down then looks back up, “No. I’m actually not allowed in the kitchen.”

“Got that right! This girl will burn down the house is she cooks,” I say as I shake my head.

Namjoon walks next to Ann and puts an arm around her shoulders.

Well, I guess me and Ann will be best buds. I can’t cook, either. We’ll be banned from the kitchen together,” Ann laughs at this.  Good, she’s starting to loosen up a little.

“But beware, this girl may be small but she can eat. Isn’t that right lil fatt?’ I say before laughing.

She shrugs, “What can I say? Me and food have a loving relationship.

I shake my head at her reply, while Suga and Jungkook laugh.

Alright! Let’s go unpack! The faster we get, the sooner we can eat!” V says ashe runs down the hallway.

I second that!” Ann says as she leaves Rap Monster’s arm and runs to get her stuff and runs to a room before coming back.

What room is ours?” She asks.

The second one on the right,” J-Hope says before looking at me.  “The first room is mine,” he says before smiling.

I nod before smiling back as we stare at each other for a long time. I mean, 10 seconds is a long time. I STARED INTO HIS BEAUTIFUL EYES FOR 10 FRIGGIN SECONDS. OTTOKE. HE STARED IN MINE FOR 10 SECONDS.  This was going on until Jimin coughed.

If you guys are done, we have to unpack,” Jimin says before smirking.

I nod as J-Hope rubs the back of his neck.  “Guess I’ll see you at dinner,” he says before smiling and then walking back to his room.

I realize that I am now by myself in the living room.  I pat my cheeks before walking into me and Ann’s room.

I lean against the door after I close the door.

“Uhhh, you okay, unnie?” Ann asks me.

I look around our room, spotting the camera.

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

“I’m fine. Just got sidetracked is all,” I say.  “This is a nice room we have,” I say, trying to change the topic.

“I know right! Much better than staying in the hotel!” Ann says.

Me and Ann continue to unpack and talk until we are done.  We both head out to the kitchen.  As I keep walking, I notice that Ann is still following.  I turn around and look at her.

“I promise I won’t touch anything. I’m just gonna sit and watch,” Ann says before giving me a cheesy smile.

“You better,” I say before turning around and walking again into the kitchen as Ann takes a seat.  When we enter, we spot Jin, already in his pink apron.  Me and Ann try to stifle our laughter.

Hey guys,” Jin says as he turns around, “ready to make dinner Scynthia?

I nod, “Yup!”

Jin then looks at Ann.  “What do you want for dinner, Ann?

She shrugs, “Whatever everyone else wants. I’m not a picky eater.

Come on,” says Jin, “you guys are new here. The least we can do is let you choose what we eat for the first day here.

Ann starts smiling.  “I like chicken,” Ann says as Suga plops down next to her.

Suga smiles and nods, “Me too. That sounds good.

Jin shakes his head and smiles, “Ok. Chicken it is!”

“Yay!” Ann says excitedly.

Scynthia shakes her head as she mumbles “fatty” under her breath.  Suga laughs and looks at Ann. 

You really do like food, huh?” Suga asks.

Ann nods. “I do. I should have probably looked into professional eating,” she says before giggling.

I notice Suga staring at Ann.  Something about that gaze, is different.  Does he, perhaps, like Ann, I ask myself. 

As me and Jin are cooking, I nudge Jin in the stomach and whisper to him, “Hey oppa. Do you see that?” I ask him as I point to Suga staring at Ann.

Jin looks behind him then smiles.  He then whispers back to Scynthia, “Yeah. It seems as if Yoongi likes Ann.”  He then goes back to cooking.

I knew it, I thought.  I better keep an eye on him . . . and Jimin.  Jimin seems like trouble, especially with this bet and all.

Me and Jin finish up cooking.  I tell Ann to set the table.  As she walks to the dining area, I notice Jimin following her and Suga glaring at Jimin. What is going on with these two?

As I was thinking this, J-Hope walks up to me and says, “Everything smells really good, Scynthia. I bet it tastes even better.”

I then smile, “Thanks, but Jin oppa helped, too, so I can’t take all of the credit.

He shrugs, “I don’t think so. It wouldn’t have been the same without you.” He smiles then winks as he heads to the dining area.

I just stand there with a blank look on my face.  OMO.  J-Hope just winked at me.  THANK YOU KPOP GODS FOR GIVING ME THIS CHANCE.

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

I saw Scynthia tell Ann to set the table, so I took this as my chance to make our bet legit.

I follow Ann.  Hmm . . . maybe I should sneak up behind her.  I then quietly walk and stand right behind her.  I’m standing so close that I can smell her perfume.  As I’m getting distracted my her scent, someone brings me back to reality.

May I help you?” Ann asks as she continues to set the table.

How did you know I was there?” I ask surprised.

If you’re trying to scare me, you may want to try harder,” she says before facing me.  IS THAT A SMIRK I SEE??

What do you want Jimin?” Ann asks me.

“I think it’s time to make our bet legit. So, have you come up with the conditions?” I ask.

Sure. How about, whoever wins gets to pick a dance for the other person to learn and perform?” She says.  Hm, I like the way she thinks.

Alright,” I say as I put my hand out, “and the loser has to wear whatever the winner picks out for them,” I add.

She puts her hand out and spits into it before grabbing mine and shaking it.  Did she just spit in my hand?

“Deal,” she says, “now if you excuse me, I have to wash my hands now. I touched something. . .kinda disturbing,” she finishes before walking back to the kitchen.

I am so going to win, I think to myself.

Yoongi hyung then comes in and stands right in front me.

What’s up hyung?” I ask him.

I’m only going to say this once, Jimin. Do not hurt Ann,” He says before going to the kitchen.

What the heck was that?

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Everyone sits at the table.  Suga made sure to get a seat next to Ann, while J-Hope made sure to sit next to Scynthia.

Everyone then starts digging in.

“This is so good!” V exclaims.

“Yes! This is dabaek!” Jungkook says.

“This is really delicious!” Rap Monster says in English.

Everyone else nods in agreement.

I told you unnie can cook! And with Jin as another amazing cook, I shall never go hungry!” Ann says before stuffing a piece of chicken into .

Jin laughs, “Wow. You really can eat, huh?” he asks Ann.  She nods while continuing to eat.

Well, because you complimented my cooking, I shall make food for you whenever you want,” Jin says.

Ann’s head shoots up, “Really?” she asks after she swallowed her food.

Jin laughs and nods.

Wow! Thank you!” Ann says happily.

Suga smiles at Ann while he continues to stare at her.  Even her eating is cute, he thinks to himself.

However, Suga doesn’t know that someone is watching them from across the table.  Jimin stares at Suga starting a conversation with Ann.  Does he like her, Jimin thinks to himself.

J-Hope and Scynthia are on the other side of the table having their own conversation.

So what kind of music do you like?” J-Hope asks.

I like a lot of different things. But I guess you can say I like stuff I can dance or turn up to. Like some trap music or something like that,” Scynthis replies.

No way! I like trap music, too! You know, I know this local club where rappers go to show off their talents. It’s somewhat a dance club, too. Maybe, if you’d like, I could take you there sometime?” J-Hope says, hoping that she would say yes.

Of course. It sounds really fun!” Scynthia says.  Those two continue to talk or should I say, flirt throughout dinner. 

Everyone enjoys some conversation and continues to eat.

 

After dinner, V and Jungkook volunteered to do the dishes.  Hyejin then comes out and asks for Ann, so she could do her mini interview.

 

Ann’s Interview:

 

“So, could you tell us your name and where you are from and how old you are?”

 “I’m Ann Lee and I’m 19 years old. I’m from the United States.”

“Wow. You speak really good Korean. How’d you learn?”

“Along with me being black and white, I’m also part Korean, so it’d only make sense for me to learn the language.”

“Wow. Very good. So, how did you get into BigHit?”

She laughs. “It’s actually because of Scynthia. She secretly recorded me dancing one day and sent in the tape. And then bam. Everything just happened and I got accepted.”

“You must be a good dancer. Are you excited to start your training with the dancers of BTS?”

“I'm not that good of a dancer. I really am excted, though. I want to learn as much as I possibly can from them. So anything they say or teach, I will take.”

“It’s your first day in the new dorm. How is it going so fat?”

“At first I felt really nervous. I mean, I’m going to be living in a house with seven boys. But it helps a lot that Scynthia, my best friend is here with me. But it seems like I'm warming up to them, so it's not as bad now.”

“That’s great. Do you have a favorite in the group?”

“Hmmm. . .Probably Jin or Namjoon. Jin seems really protective and nice. I guess people were right when they described him as the mother of the group. Plus, he said he’ll cook for me. Namjoon is also really cool. He seems like a cool older brother. Plus, he understands how it feels to be kicked out of the kitchen.” Ann then giggles.

 

 

Scynthia’s Interview:

 

“Hi. Can you please tell us your name, age, and where you are from?”

“Hey! I’m Scynthia Brown, I’m 19, and I’m from the United States.”

“Your Korean is good, too. Are you part Korean?”

Scynthia laughs, “I wish. Ann just taught because I wanted to learn the language. Plus Kpop and K-Dramas helped me, too.”

Interviewer laughs.  “That’s great. So, how did you get into BigHit?”

“Well, I recorded a video of Ann dancing and I was rapping while I was doing it and Mr. Bang Si-Hyuk decided he wanted me as a trainee.”

“Wow. That is very cool. I bet you’re excited to start working with BTS, huh?”

“I totally am! I can’t wait to learn from one of the best groups ever!”

“So who’s your favorite?”

“Probably J-Hope. I feel have pretty similar personalities, plus he’s a rapper, too. So I’m excited to learn from him. Plus, he’s just really fun to be around.”

 

Suga’s Interview

 

“So what do you think of the girls?”

“I think they seem pretty cool. They seem nice and chill. It’s nice being able to hang around people without them screaming or asking for pictures and autographs once in a while.”

“Are you excited to work with them?”

Suga nods. “I want to see why they got in. So, I’m excited to witness what they can bring to the table.”

“It seems as if you’re partial to Ann. Care to explain why?”

“Oh, I don’t think it seems that way. But Ann is cool. She’s quiet, but already, I think she opened up a lot just from yesterday, which was the first time I met her. I’m excited to spend a month with both Ann and Scynthia, really.”

 

J-Hope’s Interview

 

So, how do you like the girls?”

“I think they are really cool! It’s nice to have new people to hang out with.”

“How do you feel about working with Scynthia?”

“I’m excited! Just from spending today in the dorm together, we found out that we have similar interests. And even though I haven’t heard her rap or spit any lines yet, I have a feeling that she’ll be really good! And that will make it even more fun to work with her. And plus, I do have to admit, she is really pretty. I hope that we’ll get along well!” J-Hope then throws a fighting sign.